PDA

View Full Version : Denial lead to acceptance

Dannie1
06-10-2019, 12:22 PM
I guess I just wanted to post a thread that explained a feeling I felt at the beginning. I had to really soul search and find honesty with myself. There came a point I had to literally say it to my SO so she could realise it wasn’t a fetish or phase but a part of what makes me who I am. It felt good to get it off my chest. I remember driving to work saying to myself “I’m a crossdresser”
Does everyone feel denial followed by acceptance and do you remember how it felt to finally getting off your chest to yourself or a partner?

Teresa
06-10-2019, 12:37 PM
Dannie,
I know that feeling , I still remember joining this forum and the realisation that I'd accepted I was a CDer . OK there is far more to that now I truly know what drives that need , I'm TG and have been from birth and always will be .

I don't even think about what label I need to use now , being out full time amd meeting the public I realised they don't care , they don't know if I'm TG or a fully transitioned TS , I don't feel I'm fooling myself or anyone else I just live life as Teresa I accept myself as that as everyone else does .

Dannie1
06-10-2019, 12:52 PM
I respect that. Fair play for reaching that point. I wouldn’t change the decisions I’ve made but I wish I had stopped sooner: pretending to be something I’m not. Which is a vanilla male. Once I unlocked the door my eyes widened. I’m so open minded now. Whether that be sexuality, how feminine I can be, or how I interact with others. I’m definitely a better person for it.

Kaylin
06-10-2019, 01:11 PM
I also came to realize that I had to accept myself as a CD. If I was gonna be happy with myself. I was always sweeping it under the rug for years. Until about 2 months ago, I came out to my wife. And everything has been fantastic. Probably the best thing ive ever done. Cause now I longer feel like I have to hide. But just accept myself that I am a Crossdresser and always been. I think once you find a good balance with your life and your cding. You should be fine. But I'll tell you one thing. This forum is amazing and full of soo much advice. I been spending time reading and interacting with others. But accept yourself and you'll be happy my love. :)

Dannie1
06-10-2019, 01:44 PM
This has definitely helped. Hope I can help people too. It’s been a good 3 or 4 years out to my wife. Loads of bumps in the road with some interesting stories I’m guessing I will gradually share here with threads I read or write myself. Happy for you. Glad it’s been a positive experience. 🙂

Kaylin
06-10-2019, 03:21 PM
This has definitely helped. Hope I can help people too. It’s been a good 3 or 4 years out to my wife. Loads of bumps in the road with some interesting stories I’m guessing I will gradually share here with threads I read or write myself. Happy for you. Glad it’s been a positive experience. 🙂

Thank you so much hon. Ya it's been a very good experience. So nice to meet you too :)

Tahoegurl
06-10-2019, 04:21 PM
There was a real sense of peace after my wife and I discussed everything. I am way more relaxed and it is just part of who I am...so we can just be happy together on this journey. Cheers

sometimes_miss
06-10-2019, 11:44 PM
When we first started going to out therapist, I did have some hope, as my wife seemed to be doing her best to understand about crossdressers. Unfortunately, she joined SO support groups where she met women that convinced her that we're all just a short time away from transitioning and then insisting on having SRS. After that, nothing could convince her otherwise.
Once she decided our marriage was over, it became impossible to convince her otherwise. The hopelessness that I experienced toward the end of our marriage was the beginning of a period of sadness that took quite a while to get over.

Acceptance? Haven't found it yet.