PDA

View Full Version : Is it a date?

Jean 103
06-21-2019, 08:08 AM
Last weekend I put on a luncheon for nine of my friends.

A couple days before a ran into a friend, I told her about the luncheon. She asked that I send her a text. Well I didn't and she didn't make it. No big deal.

I was sure we were friends on FB. These are my accrual friends, people that I have met face to face. It is a strict rule of mine.

I thought I had found her and sent her an invitation the same as I had sent out to the others. When she came back with " hi Jean I haven't seen you in a long time. How are you? ". I knew this was the wrong person.

I could not tell her it was a mistake. She said she couldn't make it and maybe we could get together another time.

I suggested lunch and a movie at the local mall.

I could go to her page or ask a mutual friend, to find out more about her.

I think it will be more fun to wait till I she her Saturday for a movie followed by lunch.

I know that she a is not a close friend as she asked if I perfered to be referred to as he or she? None of my friends that know me would ask this.

My friends think it is a date.

I say no, because it didn't start off that way.

What do you think?

Or what do I wear? LOL.

Angie G
06-21-2019, 08:18 AM
This friend knows that you dress so wear what you like. :hugs:
Angie

Jean 103
06-21-2019, 08:38 AM
She knows me from karaoke.

So she she knows how I dress and that I can't sing.

Asew
06-21-2019, 08:46 AM
Would you like it to be a date? If so, dress ike it is a date. If not, dress more casual. Either way don't act like it is a date unless she seems to be treating it that way. Either way, have fun!

BrendaPDX
06-21-2019, 09:46 AM
Treat as a date, play it by ear, and dress as you wish to be seen. Good luck and have fun. Keep us posted.

Tracii G
06-21-2019, 09:57 AM
Do let us know how it turns out.

Jean 103
06-21-2019, 10:23 AM
It's just two women spending some time together, just like my other friends.

I'll post an update with a picture, so look there.

I have been spending more time with my friends lately as I'm miffed at my roommate.

I just had to say good by to the Secretary at work. Her job is very stressful at times , so today is her last day. She is the only women in our office, and we have become close.

So as I say goodbye to one friend I'm saying hello to another. This life is so funny, not always in a good way.

Mickitv
06-21-2019, 03:21 PM
Enjoy your time with her because she probably knows and if not don't worry about it. Be yourself a warm and caring person