PDA

View Full Version : Lavender Phones

HannahB
06-21-2019, 02:52 PM
At a recent CD support group meeting, one of the new people was venting some of her personal frustrations about CDing and life in general. Along the way she said, “… and how many guys do you know that carry a lavender colored phone?” Almost simultaneously, all ten of us, including the moderator, reached into our purses and set down a lavender/purple phone onto the table. The rest of the evening was spent with a lot of laughter and a good time was had by all.

However, one must wonder about the possible implications of such a phenomenon. After all, eleven out of eleven crossdressers all had lavender phones. Do we have a new way of detecting crossdressers in the wild? What color phone do you have?

Macey
06-21-2019, 03:05 PM
One person at work mentioned my purple phone. I told her that my jeans are black except when they're blue, my hair is black except now it's grey, my shoes are black except when they're muddy, I need a LITTLE color in my life! Ah, drab mode. At least my phone isn't drab!

caryn m
06-21-2019, 03:06 PM
Darn, I always was the odd one! Mine is pink and i do take a ribbing about it when in guy mode

Tracii G
06-21-2019, 03:07 PM
I have a dark pink cover and a grey one with an oriental tree on it.
My male friends could care less they know I am gay anyway so my phone cover isn't a huge deal.

Lydianne
06-21-2019, 03:45 PM
I told her that my jeans are black except when they're blue, my hair is black except now it's grey, my shoes are black except when they're muddy..

♫ ♬..But I'm a substitute for another guy,

I look pretty tall, but my heels are high. ♩ ♪
♫ ♬ The simple things are all complicated,

I look pretty young, but I'm just backdated, yeah! ♩ ♪

♫ ♬ Sub-sti-tute, . .

First thing that came to mind! :strugglin..

- Lydianne.

Suzi Q
06-21-2019, 03:46 PM
Hannah,

Mine is Red. It matches the color I always have on my nails when dressing,

Suzi Q

RADER
06-21-2019, 03:49 PM
HannahB:
I live in the Far Northern Burbs of Chicago, and belong to a great support group in McHenry.
I do not go out dressed, just would never pass, however I do under dress all the time.
I would like to know where you are located, Maybe you would like to join our group
Rader

Robertacd
06-21-2019, 04:02 PM
For some reason we are atracted to lavender and purple. I know that I am.

But my phone is black because I pay full price for my phone. So I only buy cheap phones, and nobody makes cute covers for cheap phones.

Kelli_cd
06-21-2019, 04:17 PM
For some reason we are atracted to lavender and purple. I know that I am...
Don't forget lilac and orchid!

Majella St Gerard
06-21-2019, 04:33 PM
My phone is lavender. No comments from anyone.

Princess Chantal
06-21-2019, 05:03 PM
my first iphone was a blue, the one after and the current one are silver. All with black cases with the current one being leather. The colour choices of the phones were decided just by picking the last colour the sales rep offered. Just not a big deal for me

lauriep
06-21-2019, 05:40 PM
For some reason we are atracted to lavender and purple. I know that I am.

But my phone is black because I pay full price for my phone. So I only buy cheap phones, and nobody makes cute covers for cheap phones.

I had the same problem. Try cellphonecases.com. They all kinds of stuff for phone. I bought 2 in rose gold for my phone.

sometimes_miss
06-21-2019, 05:47 PM
I've had 8 cell phones since 1998; six black, one silver, and one ivory with a sort of teak trim on the back (original Moto X). The silver was the only color that the Time Port Motorola phone came in from Spring at the time; I had wanted another black one like my Star Tak, but they didn't carry it yet. To this day, those Motorola flip phones (Star Tak and Time Port from Sprint) still had the best sound of any cell phones I've ever come across. And I know it's not the Sprint service, because my current phone is from Sprint. So it must have been those phones.

April Rose
06-21-2019, 06:07 PM
Lydianne, the late 60's are calling. They want you back...:D
!

sarah_hillcrest
06-21-2019, 07:47 PM
LOL too funny. I have a black phone with a very feminine hot pink color. I don't really like phones and especially phone covers, but I've dropped and broken like 3 Galaxy S4 phones. We were at a thrift store and I was digging through this huge box of free phone covers and the only one that fit was this hot pink one. I stuck it on the phone more as a joke then anything and forgot about it. Next day I work everybody's joking about my pink phone. I really like it.

Stephanie47
06-21-2019, 09:06 PM
I have a black flip phone. Cheapest thing I could find at Target years ago. As a sidebar for consideration my wife and I watched a program the other night on PBS entitled "The Lavender Scare" which dealt with the witch hunt for homosexuals in the federal government. Interesting program. Now it has me wondering why "lavender?" Historically, per Wikipedia, lavender is linked to Senator Dirksen referring to homosexual men as "lavender lads." Funny so many in your group chose lavender.

Lydianne
06-21-2019, 11:18 PM
Lydianne, the late 60's are calling. They want you back...:D
!

Sure thing, H.G! Fire up the time machine! :we:. Difficult period though, on multiple fronts! :worried:.

- Lydianne.

Kiwi Primrose
06-22-2019, 02:48 AM
Purple phone and a pink tablet that I use for reading when I have a spare minute or waiting for an appointment.

BTWimRobin
06-22-2019, 05:58 AM
Sorry to report that my phone case is black and my tablet case in navy. I bought them when I was trying to suppress my feminine side.

BLUE ORCHID
06-22-2019, 06:18 AM
Hi Hannah :hugs:, Not much color in my little grey flip phone,

it just Makes & receives calls and takes bad pictures, What more could I want. >Orchid ..o:daydreaming:o..

Jillian Faith
06-22-2019, 07:22 AM
I have two cases for my iphone black in drab and a cute Kate Spade for enfemme.

Asew
06-22-2019, 08:10 AM
Last phone and current phone have purple cases. Purple has been my favorite color ever since Donatello was my favorite ninja turtle as a child.

2B Natasha
06-22-2019, 10:29 AM
I’ve had flowers and I’ve had hot pink plus leather and wood. Currently, for the last two years. I’ve had a phone cover that is the Transgender flag.

foxy bartender
06-22-2019, 01:15 PM
Am I the only one that doesn’t use a phone case? I absolutely love the looks of my iPhone and can not bear to hide it in a case.

mykell
06-22-2019, 01:36 PM
mine is trans....lucent, would leave appointments to the dentist and waxing on the back as reminders, she is a hair stylist but im bald and the mrs. never mentioned anything :D

alwayshave
06-22-2019, 03:58 PM
Hannah, Too funny. I have black and pink shells for my phone.

GracieRose
06-22-2019, 05:00 PM
My phone is white and the cover is a translucent lavender.
I had one person ask me if it was my phone or my wife's and I said 'mine'.
He didn't ask any more questions and no one else has said anything.

JessicasRabbit
06-22-2019, 05:31 PM
I think my phone is black. It's been so long. It lives in a hot pink cover/case.
It's a cheaper phone. I found the case on Amazon.

Helena
06-23-2019, 03:39 AM
I got to chose the cover for my work phone, thought about pink detailing but chose purple. My young female colleague chose black as she gets enough teasing rocking up to building sites in heels with a designer handbag.

Traci H
06-23-2019, 10:57 AM
When my wife and I first got our new phones, we realized we needed a case right away as these things were going to pop right out of our hands and hit the concrete. She got a white and I a black. It did not take me too much longer to realize that I did not want a black case and I picked up a sort of magenta one. Easier to find and I love the color. I got one or two comments about it from friends, but blew those off. It works to me and did I mention, I love the color!