PDA

View Full Version : Follow up from earlier today

EricaCD
03-24-2006, 08:53 PM
Sorry - don't know the etiquette on following up from earlier threads. If I should have posted this to my thread from this morning then I'll go sit in the corner for a few minutes.

So the short report is, I did it! I went out at 3:00 this afternoon, fully dressed, in the broad bloody daylight. Got into the car and went for about 1/2 hour drive. Any of our neighbors that looked would have immediately noticed something odd because I don't look anything like my wife (i.e., when dressed). I have no idea whether I was seen because I decided not to check out all the windows.

The drive was nice - don't think anyone noticed me at all - except the passenger in a truck that stopped next to me at a red light. I could barely see him but he would have had a great view of my legs. I was wearing a short skirt and it was riding up a bit. Hope he enjoyed the show.

I think I'll take the next step out during the evening though. I truly had no idea how visible one is during the day. OK that sounds stupid but hopefully you get what I mean.

I know that by the standards of many here, a short drive doesn't count for much. I will say that I drew a great deal of strength and inspiration from the folks here, who have shown me again and again by their own acts that our greatest obstacle to enjoying life en femme is our own (largely irrational) fear. Thanks to all of you!

I took a couple pics of myself in the outfit I wore for my first outing today. If any of them turned out OK I will make that my profile pic.

Cheers!
Erica

_Janelle_
03-24-2006, 08:59 PM
I know that by the standards of many here, a short drive doesn't count for much.

A short drive is huge - its that first step out of the house and with it comes all the thrills and spills of doing it. Congratulations! I have only been out a couple of times, but plan on doing so again. You might think about filling up with gas or going through a drive through as the next step. If you think its hard to get into the car to go for a drive, wait until you try getting out of it!!!

Denise01
03-24-2006, 09:05 PM
Congratulations on your first step out of the house.
I can remember my first step out. Even though I live in the country, i too was very nervous that some one would see me that I know, or I would be made as a person in drag.
Small steps will soon become bigger steps. Be confident, and you will realize that no one is staring at you, as a matter of fact, I found out when out, that most people just don't care, and the larger the city the easier it is.
As time goes on, you will be more confident and comfortable.
Soon you will enjoy your femme self, more and more and think nothing of going fully femme including wearing a skirt, shopping. I have found it easer to shop, femme, as then you fit in as just another lady out for a days shopping
Denise:)

christine55
03-24-2006, 09:06 PM
Going out during the day in full view of neighbors IS a big deal. I'll go out in the day but I surely don"t like doing it.
Hugs, Christine

GypsyKaren
03-24-2006, 09:11 PM
Hi Erica

A short drive counts for everything if you enjoyed it. That's all that really matters, you know? Oh, you just can't beat being out and about, no matter the circumstances, it's just the best!

Karen

TGMarla
03-24-2006, 09:16 PM
I know that by the standards of many here, a short drive doesn't count for much.
I think it's huge. It's more than I've ever done. The odds of someone seeing me doing something like that are huge, so even though I've thought about it, I've neve done it.

Perhaps one evening, sometime, but there would have to be the right circumstances. Way to go, lady!

sherri
03-24-2006, 09:20 PM
Perhaps a little anecdote can be instructive.

I was recently visiting someone in the hospital, and looking out their second story window as we talked. Down below, I watched three people exit the building. One was obviously a patient; he was walking, but he was pulling along one of those IV thingies on a pole with wheels. They went to a pickup truck and climbed in, the patient positioning the pole by the door and careful not to slam the door on the tubes.

They then proceeded to roll and share a joint right there in the parking lot. I could plainly see what they were doing through the windshield of the truck.

Moral of this story: never assume no one is watching, or that you can see them watching you, or that they can't make out what's going on.

Jennaie
03-24-2006, 09:30 PM
Congratulations, I think that going out for drive is a great first step. I have done this a few times in the past few weeks. It helps to take little steps at a time.
I have a ts friend that thinks I should just go out there and be me. I do not agree with her and often wonder why she can be so insensitive to my apprehensions.

I think baby steps are wise and prudent in building confidence. I see going for drive as a very big step in getting out.

(((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))

Rachel Morley
03-24-2006, 09:33 PM
Any of our neighbors that looked would have immediately noticed something odd because I don't look anything like my wife.
Me neither...I'm nowhere near as attractive! :)

The drive was nice - don't think anyone noticed me at all - except the passenger in a truck that stopped next to me at a red light.
This scares the pants off me. I usually go out with Marla and she always drives and so I'm in the passenger seat and therefore on the same side as the guy in the big truck looking down at me on my right. I find it a bit nerve racking if they stare....and as we know guys always look at women, just because. (or in my case what appears to be a woman :worried: )

That rather depends on what members you are referring too....lots of people here choose not to go out, or haven't quite got to that stage just yet. I agree with TGMarla, what you have done is huge, especially walking to your car with the possibility of the neighbors seeing you (I know how that is :eek: ).

Well done Erica! You go girl! Keep it up, the more you do it the easier it becomes :thumbup:

RenaCD
03-24-2006, 09:36 PM
Erirca what a great first step you are so brave, you could be a super hero. Keep it up girl and maybe someday I'll catch up, You should be so Happy.

Rena

Trisha51
03-24-2006, 09:46 PM
Every journey starts with a first step.
Way to go !!
What matters most, is that YOU enjoyed it.

Hugs
Trisha