PDA

View Full Version : gentlemen in public

dianem
03-24-2006, 09:16 PM
One of the most rewarding times out in public is when a gentleman opens a door for you. It feels like you are a real woman. It also reminds me to open doors for women when I am in that mode.

Jennaie
03-24-2006, 09:43 PM
I always open doors for women when I am in drab. It gives me an opportunity to check out how they are dressed and whether or not I think it would look good on me.:cheeky: :cheeky:

Besides, it makes them feel like women too. I think the womens lib movement of the 60's and 70's changed a lot of things, but I still think that a woman likes to be treated with special attention and admiration by men. After all, they work hard and spend lots of money to look and dress the way they do.. Don't we know that?

Tamara Croft
03-24-2006, 09:47 PM
I think that it is sad not many men do this anymore :( I for one love having the door opened for me, the seat pulled out in a restaurant, the car door being opened and closed, it's romantic :( But alas, it seems to be dying away.

I applaud those that still do these things..... and go slap my Tam..... cus he bloody forgets :Angry3:

Eric/a
03-24-2006, 10:29 PM
I was raised with all those manners, but I think sometimes they give me away when I'm out en femme. If I'm going into a store and a GG's coming in right behind me, instinctively I might hold the door open for her. Old habits die hard, you might say!

Jennaie
03-24-2006, 10:32 PM
I was raised with all those manners, but I think sometimes they give me away when I'm out en femme. If I'm going into a store and a GG's coming in right behind me, instinctively I might hold the door open for her. Old habits die hard, you might say!

I see women holding doors for other women all the time. It's just good manners. I hold the door for a man who is comming in behind me.

Joy Carter
03-24-2006, 10:35 PM
My pal Rodney always used that line and I will always remember it. Me I hold the door for anybody who is coming or was there first be they woman or man It's just the polight thing to do.

Miss Ya Rodney JC

admirerplus GG
03-24-2006, 11:39 PM
Dianem,

I really appreciate it when a man opens a door for me. As a younger woman I had many more doors held open for me than I do now. In my opinion, the action demonstrates courtesy and respect. As a woman I often hold a door open for others as a common courtesy.

I think that there is an interesting history behind the act of letting ladies go first. I believe that during wartime, women were encouraged to go first because they were considered expendable. Of course, this is an unacceptable concept now.

I hope that you will feel comfortable to continue to hold doors open for others. It demonstrates that you are a person of quality. Good luck.

Lilith Moon
03-25-2006, 06:30 AM
I helped a GG unload a taxi in the pouring rain...she had several suitcases and was struggling in the wet. She was absolutely gone on me for being so chivalrous, she confessed later. Pity I was married :-)

GypsyKaren
03-25-2006, 06:36 AM
I always use good manners and such, it amazes me how rude some people are these days.

Karen