PDA

View Full Version : Digital Transgender Archive

Lea
06-26-2019, 06:10 PM
I came across the Digital Transgender Archive web site.
According to their site "The purpose of the Digital Transgender Archive (DTA) is to increase the accessibility of transgender history by providing an online hub for digitized historical materials, born-digital materials, and information on archival holdings throughout the world. "

https://www.digitaltransgenderarchive.net/

I found it interesting and wanted to share it.

Lea

GretchenM
06-27-2019, 06:28 AM
Thanks, Lea. To me, it is important to know something about the world of trans and CD in the past and sometimes distant past. To me, it provides some roots to our personal behavior, thinking, and actions. Although times certainly change, when it comes to this subject I am sure it goes way, way back in time and its nature may not have even changed that much over the years; only the particulars that fit the mood of society at any particular point. The importance of our identities is so great and so much a part of all of our lives, no matter who you are, the importance of history looms large for all of us. Of course, participation does not require knowledge of this history, but I find it adds a whole new dimension and depth to the things I do.

Patience
06-27-2019, 09:56 AM
I love sites like that. Thanks for sharing.

Meghan4now
06-27-2019, 10:15 AM
You will find Crossport there. My issues will be enshrined there as well.