PDA

View Full Version : Just decided to own it...

Molly Wells
07-05-2019, 02:13 PM
I had an unexpected opportunity to have some Molly time last night and today. Being the 4th I was a a little hesitant because of possible crowds. So, I decided to go to a movie. I went to a late showing in a nearby town. I had planned on wearing a denim skirt and top but discovered the skirt needed to go in the wash so I wore a casual blue dress. I have been letting my hair grow and it is down below my collar in back and well below the ears on the side. I played with hair styling and decided it was good enough and off I went.
This morning I worked from home for a while and then decided to take care of a few things around the house. I needed to go to Home Depot and decided to just "own it" and go as Molly.
I went to the HD in a nearby town, shopped a while, got what I needed, checked out and never got any negative reaction or vibes. Great time.
I was feeling so good I decided go over to Kohl and get a couple of items I needed. Shopped around, got what I wanted, checked out... no issues. SA was great and "Come again Ma'am"

Love it when it all works well..

Hugs,
Molly

Tracii G
07-05-2019, 02:19 PM
Thats how its done.
Now you have found out the public is far more accepting than you thought.
I'm surprised how many here still refuse to just own it and live in fear.
You are proof owning it is all it takes.

Jodie_Lynn
07-05-2019, 02:23 PM
Congrats on taking the first steps into a larger world!

Next time though, gives us a heads up and maybe we can throw together a flash mob of angry villagers with torches.

Because, you know you were expecting that, weren't ya? ;)

Molly Wells
07-05-2019, 02:38 PM
I have been out a number of times and each time is almost a new experience.
But yes, the more you do the more confident you become. I still have occasions when I will get to my destination, check myself in the mirror and say no way, and chicken out.
What I felt best about today was that I went where there is a higher likely hood of meeting Mr. Redneck... and I decided that getting out in a casual outfit that fit the occasion what just what I needed.,
Felt good and I'll certainly be more confident going forward.

Carrying On !!

Molly

Tracii G
07-05-2019, 02:50 PM
If its any help Mr Redneck is nothing to worry about.
I have found in my area the mountain/ rural people are the most accepting types you can find.
I have done trans meetings up in the mountains of KY and WVa and the people are very nice and very accepting.
Its the inner city people I find to be the highest concentration of haters especially in the north east USA.
I have been dressed all over and that is just how it has been for me.

Robertacd
07-05-2019, 02:58 PM
YES! You own it and that's all it really takes.

AllieSF
07-05-2019, 07:04 PM
You look wonderful and happy Keep up the good work. Just remember that is a special moment today will change in the future to something else. Also, practice (repetition) makes perfect! Thanks for sharing.

Roxanne Lanyon
07-05-2019, 07:11 PM
I am quite impressed with you, dear.
Roxanne Lanyon "A Girl's Heart Beats in Me"

abbiedrake
07-05-2019, 09:07 PM
You look so happy there, Molly! Your joy is infectious. I'm really glad you had such a liberating experience.

Rachael Leigh
07-05-2019, 09:24 PM
Molly, I agree with others here it’s just all about just going out and doing it and now you are seeing that it’s easy.
You look just fine. I’ve found the more I look around ggs they come in all shapes and sizes and looks.
I’ve found for sure the more I go out the more it’s just routine, and yep I’ve grown out my hair too and for me that has helped a lot

luuv2dress
07-05-2019, 10:35 PM
Good for you, next time will be even easier for you

alwayshave
07-06-2019, 08:14 AM
Molly, Good for you. I have never wanted to go to HD dressed, but to each her own.

Teresa
07-06-2019, 08:53 AM
Molly,
It does get easier , with no chickening out . While we don't have "Rednecks " we do have alternatives but never read a book by it's cover , they're not always what that they appear .

Jamie ,
I don't have any off limits .

Thelise
07-06-2019, 10:46 AM
Best to find your own time and space to 'own It', no? It's tough. Molly, you worked it by yourself, without any goading pressure?

Aunt Kelly
07-06-2019, 11:33 AM
I love the hair, Molly. You wear it well, girl. :)

Nicole Bernard
07-06-2019, 01:49 PM
That's fantastic! That's what we all need to do. Way to go!

Great job on the hair!

Thanks for being a great roll model.

BTWimRobin
07-06-2019, 08:01 PM
OMG Moly! You look so pretty. You definitely own it.

deebra
07-07-2019, 09:13 AM
Of course you know you don't pass, so don't get over confident with the above threads and get your self in trouble. Reality check, not cruel.

Jodie_Lynn
07-07-2019, 10:12 AM
Molly, disregard the sour grapes of some people. You look great!

It's not passing that is important, but how you feel about yourself.

And, the more comfortable and confident you become, the more you 'pass'. Paradoxical, but true.

Molly Wells
07-07-2019, 09:33 PM
Of course you know you don't pass, so don't get over confident with the above threads and get your self in trouble. Reality check, not cruel.

Deebra, I have no illusions that I pass, especially to anyone that I have direct contact with such as an SA. I will say that what I experience when I do go out is what many others have said: that most people are busy about their own day and pay little attention to what another person might be doing. As I walk through a store I try to avoid congested areas and go about my business and have not had any negative reactions or comments.
I try to be smart and dress appropriate for where I am going and to not draw attention to myself, interact only as needed and to be seen as just another shopper. When I go to a checkout I hope to be able select a woman and usually get treated respectfully and often get smiles and a friendly attitude.
The point being, again, is that most people just don't care. I have gained confidence over the last few years when I have ventured out more and look forward to the opportunity.

Molly

Crissy 107
07-07-2019, 10:10 PM
Molly, You know what l, I think you look great and good for you going out and owning it. You go girl!

docrobbysherry
07-07-2019, 11:12 PM
Molly, I've been waiting for someone to ask u, "What did u own"? :straightface:

U went out dressed to blend. U weren't confronted, recognized by someone who knows u, or received any negativity for being recognized as a trans. So, does "owning it", mean u went out confidently? But, going out with no problems, some mite call it "luck"!:heehee:

I applaud your bravery! I hope u keep on enjoying going out as Molly. I never do that!:thumbsup:

deebra
07-08-2019, 06:06 AM
Molly,
I really like what you said in #20, you are doing everything perfectly and when I go out andro I try to do the same thing you are doing. And as doc said, I applaud your bravery. So much better to go out and enjoy rather than set home and want to. Truly hope #18 didn't hurt your feelings or confidence.

sarah_hillcrest
07-08-2019, 07:36 AM
Looking good, great story, makes me want to get out more, wish I had your hair too.

Angie G
07-08-2019, 11:02 AM
Good for you girl. sounds like you really enjoyed yourself. :hugs:
Angie

Molly Wells
07-08-2019, 01:55 PM
Molly, I've been waiting for someone to ask u, "What did u own"? :straightface:

U went out dressed to blend. U weren't confronted, recognized by someone who knows u, or received any negativity for being recognized as a trans. So, does "owning it", mean u went out confidently? But, going out with no problems, some mite call it "luck"!:heehee:

I applaud your bravery! I hope u keep on enjoying going out as Molly. I never do that!:thumbsup:

Thanks Doc,
For me "owning it" in this case reflects my mindset. I had begun my day alone with the intent to accomplish some things around the house and to do so as Molly. This means I was dressed casual, comfortable as I see most women do on a daily basis. I was wearing khaki capris, sandals and the pull over top seen in the pic. I had fixed my now longer hair in an ordinary style, light make-up. Just planning to enjoy my day. As I got started I realized I needed a couple of items from Home Depot. Normally I would have changed back to guy mode or just not done the projects. "Owning it" came in my decision to not alter my plans to enjoy being dressed but to go about my business anyway. On this day I really wanted the pleasure of being enfemme and felt that I would most likely be seen by most people, at least at a glance, to just be another woman out on an errand. I did drive over to another nearby town to shop considering that it would be less likely to be recognized by someone I know.
On this day I felt comfortable enough with myself that it gave me the confidence to go, do what I wanted and not be afraid. If I could only feel that way everytime I want to venture out it would be great! LOL