PDA

View Full Version : Split personality

donninacd
07-08-2019, 04:19 AM
In my limited cross-dressing to date (about 10 years ago, and last month) I've always been a "party gurl", with fishnet hose and pumps for instance that make me feel especially naughty. This has been when "hosting" partners, or going to clubs.

However I want to start dressing more in ordinary public circumstances and for some reason have decided to go for a tomboy look. Haven't been out this way yet, but have a few outfits on the way.

For instance, ball-cap (to cover the bald spot LOL), cute top, and sneakers, all in the same color (yellow, pink, green). Matching sunglasses and probably just lipstick for makeup. And my existing mens' shorts.

I even have a different girl name for my tomboy mode: Abby. As in "Abby Normal" from Young Frankenstein ;)

I might however get a bag big enough to hold what I need to switch to party gurl mode: wig, complete makeup, mini skirt, hose and pumps.

Anybody else have a split gurl persona?

Will try to post pictures as Abby later this month.

Tracii G
07-08-2019, 09:08 AM
Sounds like you are a fetish dresser.
I am transgender so no I don't have a split persona.

Micki_Finn
07-08-2019, 09:39 AM
I’m a drag queen, so turning different looks is part of the gig, but wouldn’t say split personality.

Jean. Ann
07-08-2019, 09:43 AM
I think a lot are sorta forced into "split personality"
by the way society treats non- conformist
Perhaps the" Tom Boy " look is an attempt to integrate the two ?
Any way good luck

JAS

Stephanie47
07-08-2019, 09:50 AM
I've seen women many times dress differently depending upon the occasion or venue. When I went to my wife's high school reunion most of the women at the evening function were all dressed up to kill......sparkling dresses, high heels, makeup, etc. In the afternoon they had been in athletic shoes and pants/shorts and tops when touring their old school. Really not a split personality...just different for the occasion.

Robertacd
07-08-2019, 09:58 AM
I dress for the occasion.
Grocery store: Jeans and t-shirt
Dancing: Sexy dress and heels

Tracy Irving
07-08-2019, 10:33 AM
For me, the clothing I wear does not change whether I think I am a man or a woman.

Not only do I not split a girl persona, I don't even split between boy/girl. I am just me, whatever that is...

Abbey11
07-08-2019, 10:49 AM
Like Roberta says, I dress for the occasion

donninacd
07-08-2019, 11:26 AM
Tracii, you are correct I am a fetish dresser, at least when I am in "party gurl" mode. But those occasions are not so frequent and I'd like to go out more regularly in women's clothing but am a "lazy crossdresser" (I've read the book of that name). This is when I hit upon the tomgirl idea, and for some reason have even come up with a different gurl name.

By the way I love your signature.

Tracii G
07-08-2019, 11:37 AM
I totally get what you are saying and thats fine with me, you dress the way you want because thats what I do too.
I had my CDing time I call my "puberty" teen girl phase with the loud clothes and mini skirts but I grew out of that phase quickly.

docrobbysherry
07-08-2019, 11:48 AM
If dressing in radically different looks meant u had a "split personality", Donnina? Since I'm a "fetish dresser" that would mean I have 1000 different personalities. Including a number of animals!:eek:

What I'm confused about is why a "fetish dresser" would only want to settle for 2 looks!?:brolleyes:

Tracii G
07-08-2019, 11:50 AM
Good question Sherry

kimdl93
07-08-2019, 11:52 AM
For me, situation and weather (rather than persona) dictate. I don’t have a party-girl mode...I’m too old and staid to present myself that way. I do have casual/fun outfits...maybe a little leg and a lower neckline, for warmer nights out with my friends. And around home, I may forgot the wig... when it’s hot

GretchenM
07-09-2019, 06:19 AM
It is not unusual for people who sense a dual identity that seem to be quite different to try merging the two into a single identity, at least some of the time. After I came out in August 2012 I was very dual for several months - manly in the morning; womanly in the late afternoon and evening. Still follow that time pattern, but it is all quite different now. It is comfortable and quite free of any conflict or competition between the two. I found the duality really confusing at times and hard to manage - basically a lot of work without much satisfaction.

In January 2013 I experienced the first identity merge event. Very weird how I had one identity that at first I thought was the old me, but it wasn't because my merged identity contained all the things I had learned over the previous months blended into a more normal like identity. Over time, there was a bit of a separation of the two but the feeling became, as you say, more tomboyish.

By late 2013 I was that way most of the time, with occasional "get pretty and girlish" events, most of which have now declined to a few times a year and the rest of the time Gretchen is somewhat more of a rough Mountain Girl that is quite tomboyish.

Maybe something similar is happening to you. When our brains sense a conflict, whether we recognize it or not, they try to get those two or more things to work together. The brain hates conflict and seeks resolution, cooperation, collaboration. Keep trying it out; you may be on to something for yourself.

Ressie
07-09-2019, 10:52 AM
What I'm confused about is why a "fetish dresser" would only want to settle for 2 looks!?:brolleyes:

It's different looks to me too rather than different personalities. Hooker, secretary and frumpy grandma are some of my favorite looks haha. Tomboy doesn't appeal to me though.

Roxanne Lanyon
07-12-2019, 07:58 AM
Me too! Now I am just waiting for the "occasion"!

Majella St Gerard
07-12-2019, 11:37 AM
I dress in many different styles but have only one personality

NancySue
07-12-2019, 12:36 PM
I dress, also, for the occasion, which is usually pretty casual...like today....domestic. I ran the sweeper, dusted, picked up some things, did some laundry, etc. so I chose a blue polka dot skort, blue tee top, flats, with all the usual things. I still put on a little makeup. This preparation seems to make my chores much more enjoyable.

Bea_
07-12-2019, 04:43 PM
Anybody else have a split gurl persona?

I've never been much of a "party" anything. I prefer spending time with the wife, whether at home or out. She has come to give me a fair bit of leeway at home and we're still negotiating anything else. I'm a man-in-a-dress and my personality doesn't change.

My dressing started roughly 10 years ago also. My inspiration was just a sudden realization that much of what was considered to be gender based clothing was completely arbitrary. I tried on a few of my wife's things before we had the discussion. She bought me a few things and has slowly come to accept that I'm still the same guy she married over 40 years ago.

Jenny22
07-12-2019, 05:55 PM
No split P. for me. But, when I am in guy mode, what I say and do is all guy.