PDA

View Full Version : Day 2 of my sister's visit

Jenny22
07-24-2019, 07:27 PM
Her knee is hurting her terribly bad. She was in shorts, top and a pony tail and I was dressed fully top to bottom and inside to out and with light makeup. We headed to a Kaiser recommended clinic, and for the first time ever, my arms and legs were bare, showing all my bumps, bruises and scars.

The clinic was more like a small hospital in size and layout. My sis said I looked very nice and very feminine. I was not the least bit nervous! People passing by or sitting in the same waiting area never gave me a second look. I was very confident, sat up straight, kept my knees together and my purse in my lap and my pretty nails showing. There's no doubt in my mind that I was blending and passing. The clinic staff, nurses and a Doc who talked to my sis after X-Rays (he shook my hand) never gave me a second look.

We left, and went to a 'bowl' restaurant. I used my hushed male voice to order. The girl looked at me and smiled. She knew. Customers came and went. I used the woman's restroom. No one paid any attention to me.

We left and went to a 99 cent store that I frequent every week in guy mode. We shopped... same thing. I was just a woman shopping with my purse in the cart, and my sun glasses on top of my wig. I wasn't recognized by any of the clerks that I know who knew me by sight in guy mode

Headed home with sis in the triple digit temperature to cool down. My sis said that I truly presented myself very favorably all day. She certainly would have told me had I not. We are staying in tonight so she can rest her leg and do what the Doc said to do.

BTW, have any of you ever used rice in a sock, heated in a microwave as a hot compress? It really works. Day 3 tomorrow, may include shopping at Ross'. Stay tuned.

OCCarly
07-24-2019, 10:48 PM
I’m using rice in plastic bags, chilled in the freezer, as cold compresses to deal with all the swelling from facial feminization surgery — but that is a whole other story.

Hugs, Carly

Macey
07-25-2019, 03:24 AM
Jenny, your sister is out and about all day with a bad knee??? How's she doing???

BLUE ORCHID
07-25-2019, 04:08 AM
Hi Jenny :hugs:, It sounds like you have a wonderful Sister, Hope that she s feeing better.>Orchid .oo:daydreaming:oo.

alwayshave
07-25-2019, 05:29 AM
Jenny, other than your sister's knee, sounds like a great day.

Crissy 107
07-25-2019, 06:21 AM
Jenny, Sounds like a good day yesterday, too bad on your sisters knee. Hopefully she feels better today and you have another fun day out and about.

BTWimRobin
07-25-2019, 07:08 PM
Sorry about your sister's knee. Glad you had a good time though. Hope she feels better.

abbiedrake
07-29-2019, 11:40 AM
Loved ones in pain can be deeply ly affecting. I'm glad you both had a nice day though.