PDA

View Full Version : Eye liner in the eye Ouch :)

PennyUK
03-25-2006, 11:42 AM
Not sure if this is this right place to ask this question?, if not please feel free to move it to the appropriate area.......

Can anyone give me advice on how to apply eyeliner and get it right.

I got dressed last night and thought I would have a go; I have both types the stick type and liquid type.

I would like to apply it to the upper eye lid and the lower part...........

By time I had finished last night I was a right mess lol :)

Has anyone any tips or secrets they would share.........

Also which is the best type stick or liquid........?

Thanks

Hugs to you all

Penny

Katrina
03-25-2006, 11:46 AM
I have trouble with the liquid type. I don't have a super steady hand and I find they tend to be less fogiving with the look than the pencil type. I think it just takes practice practice practice. Eye liner is one of the first types of makeup that I started experimenting with years ago, so I have only gotten reasonable with it by trial and error.

Sara_Marie
03-25-2006, 04:13 PM
Found a little secret with liquid eye liner. I use it only on the top, but when i use it I dab it off on a kleenex and then apply it gives a better line. Also I rest my hand on my cheek when I apply.

I like the pencil eye liner for the lower lid just start at the inside and draw out it takes a little to get the crayon material to soften and apply.

Hope that helps keep trying it will get easier.

Tamara Croft
03-25-2006, 04:19 PM
I don't use either. I use eyeshadow with an angled brush. It's easier to apply and easier to remove and it doesn't wear off half way through the day/night and is easier to apply underneath your lower eyelashes.

MsJanessa
03-25-2006, 04:42 PM
Not sure if this is this right place to ask this question?, if not please feel free to move it to the appropriate area.......

Can anyone give me advice on how to apply eyeliner and get it right.

I got dressed last night and thought I would have a go; I have both types the stick type and liquid type.

I would like to apply it to the upper eye lid and the lower part...........

By time I had finished last night I was a right mess lol :)

Has anyone any tips or secrets they would share.........

Also which is the best type stick or liquid........?

Thanks

Hugs to you all

Penny
I apply the liquid type to my upper lid after the mascara and the stick type to the lower, before the mascara---that usually gives Me the exact look I want---smolderingly sexy

Katrina
03-25-2006, 09:38 PM
I don't use either. I use eyeshadow with an angled brush. It's easier to apply and easier to remove and it doesn't wear off half way through the day/night and is easier to apply underneath your lower eyelashes.

Tamara, I do that too, more often than I use an eyeliner pencil. That's a great tip.

DawnLabelle
03-25-2006, 10:25 PM

When my friend did my makeup for me last week, thats exactly how she did it, but she dipped the brush in a little water first to darken it and make it spread easier. Looked awesome :)

Dawn

PennyUK
03-26-2006, 03:20 AM
Thank you very much for your the advice and tips...Hugs xx

Im not sure I have seen the angle brush type (eyeshadow) will google it to find out more...

I know GG's learn to apply eyeliner over the years, just wish I could do a reasonable job..........

Has anyone any pics of how the eyeliner looks after they have applyed it.

Hug to you all

xx

Adnama
03-26-2006, 03:28 AM

Thank you so much for that tip Tamara.
I just happened to have an angled brush lying around and some black eyeshadow so I thought I'd give it a go, and it's great. Goes on much easier and more even than eyeliners. Looks nice too :D

Amanda

GypsyKaren
03-26-2006, 05:28 AM
Another make-up tip, from GypsyKaren; if you're using a pencil, blow on it a few times with your warm breath before you use it. This will soften it up a bit and make it easier to apply. The rest boils down to practice, practice, practice...it does get easier with time.

Karen