PDA

View Full Version : love trouble

Lesha
10-30-2004, 07:51 AM
Ok girls, heres the problem.

I’m falling for one of my best friends but have a few problems to overcome.

1. I haven’t been in a relationship for a year or so and am getting kinda lonely. The attraction might not really be there, just looking for someone to hug.

2. She is the person I can confide everything in. She kinda knows about my dressing, but doesn’t know any real details. I have always wanted someone who would accept this and maybe even be turned on by it (don’t we all). She has told me she gets a buzz out of guys in dresses
The problem here is that a relationship might turn sour and ruin a perfectly good friendship.

3. I’m leaving for Uni interstate in a month and will be gone for three years. Uni is a hot bed of sex and 3 years is a stretch for a long distance relationship.

Any advice?

Lesha

Bernadina
10-30-2004, 08:11 AM
Hi Lesha.

Maybe you could be a bit more specific on what you are looking for suggestions about.

Lesha
10-30-2004, 08:41 AM
thats the problem, i dont know what i want

should i tell her how i feel or let it go 'cause its not gonna work?

Lawren
10-30-2004, 08:43 AM
Ok girls, heres the problem.

I’m falling for one of my best friends but have a few problems to overcome.

1. I haven’t been in a relationship for a year or so and am getting kinda lonely. The attraction might not really be there, just looking for someone to hug.

2. She is the person I can confide everything in. She kinda knows about my dressing, but doesn’t know any real details. I have always wanted someone who would accept this and maybe even be turned on by it (don’t we all). She has told me she gets a buzz out of guys in dresses
The problem here is that a relationship might turn sour and ruin a perfectly good friendship.

3. I’m leaving for Uni interstate in a month and will be gone for three years. Uni is a hot bed of sex and 3 years is a stretch for a long distance
relationship.

Any advice?

Lesha
Lesha.

Some advice from a lonely one.

If you even think that she feels the same attraction for you, (I think she does), then go for it. If you don't you may spend the rest of your life thinking of her as "the one that got away". I was madly in love with a woman about 20 years ago who would not allow herself to love me because "she didn't want to hurt me". (Her own words) I never told her that I would rather have tried and failed than to end it all wondering if she was "the one". In the long run, trial & failure would have been less painfull.

I'm 44 years old and I still haven't found the woman I'm looking for. DO NOT let this happen to you!!!

xoxo, Lawren

Lesha
10-30-2004, 09:15 AM
thank you for the advice.

I guess thats the only thing to do.
I know if i didnt tell her i would just lament about it like i have been for tha last month.

Thanks again, i will let you know how it goes

Lesha

Lily_gg
10-30-2004, 08:09 PM
Or you could tell her you love her, but in such a way that if she seems taken aback by it / doesn't reciprocate, you can make it clear that you meant "I love you as a friend", not just "I love you" - if you're really unsure, this could give a possible way out maybe?

Whatever, good luck!!! (Oh, and long distance relationships suck, but they can work if you both want them to - I've been away from my bf for three months now, and I miss him like crazy, but I think it's worth it ;))

Carrissa
12-02-2004, 02:54 PM
Better tell her how you feel, friendship will go sour if you don't then no relationship anyways

Ashleigh
12-02-2004, 05:13 PM
Jenny,
Please take this for what it's worth - I am not being critical of you and am aware of some of the "dragons" your are fighting but, well, here goes. You are not a dumb ole truck driver. You have many good qualities. Please dwell on those. I know it is easier said than done, but it can be done. I've been there. You have too many good attributes to let yourself be beat up by yourself. Maybe on future posts we can see something like Jenny, a good person who helps others no matter what... or something like that. Talk yourself up. Hugs to ya. :)

Ashleigh
12-02-2004, 05:21 PM
I know - but still sometimes when we are way down, even though we are kidding and we know it, we can start to believe it after awhile. Just don't want you to go anywhere but up.