PDA

View Full Version : Pin up style outfits

KymG
08-13-2019, 01:30 PM
I was at a bar recently and there was 3 ladies on stage doing 50s and 60s stuff, and wearing the pin up dresses and heels to go with it. Lindy style i think they call it. Well in the UK anyway,
I couldnt take my eyes off them, gave me a massive urge to dress, which i havent had for a while, and now am going to try that style myself, right down to the hair.
Super sexy.
Ebay here we come.

Stephanie47
08-13-2019, 01:35 PM
I went back and looked at your previous picture postings. You have a dynamite figure. All I will say is you will look great in anything. I'm looking forward to viewing those outfits.

Tracii G
08-13-2019, 01:36 PM
Love that look so have fun with it.
Oh yeah post pics please.

JessicasRabbit
08-13-2019, 11:39 PM
I LOVE pinup style!
My first "real" venture into the wild was earlier this year to a drag show. I wore a pinup style dress, got my hair styled in a vintage-inspired updo, and had makeup help from a GG friend. I had a fabulous time! I got tons of compliments from GG's and performers throughout the night. I have been slowly amassing a small wardrobe of those style dresses. I have gotten all of mine via Amazon Prime. They aren't top end dresses, but they are cute. There are better makers that I would eventually love to buy from.

Have a great time with it! I did!

alwayshave
08-14-2019, 08:00 AM
I love the pin-up style dresses. My only issue with it is the young ladies who wear it now have a lot of ink, which I am not a fan of.

docrobbysherry
08-14-2019, 01:56 PM
Many years ago I got into pinup/calendar girl looks. I created an album number of very sexy pix! It was a lot of fun and the pix r amazing!
Don't forget to post your pix here, Kym!:daydreaming:

Suzi Q
08-14-2019, 03:49 PM
Kym,

I go to several car shows each year that also feature pin-up girls.

This year I traveled to Springfield, MO. and spent the day touring town in a regular dress. The next day I attended the Mid-America Street Rod Nationals dressed in a pin-up outfit. I had numerous attendees take photos of me next to some of the cars.

This Labor Day weekend I plan on attending "Pistons and Pin-ups" in Kansas City at the Boulevard Drive-in and "Greaserama" at the Platte City Fairgrounds.

Suzi Q

Tahoegurl
08-14-2019, 04:19 PM
Kym, I love the vintage pinup look. I have a few dresses like that but I am one of the inked up ones...😁. I can't wait to see what you post for pictures. Cheers.

Karen RHT
08-15-2019, 08:10 AM
Yup, similar to Suzi Q, the pinup look and car shows are things I enjoy.

Karen

KymG
08-15-2019, 12:27 PM
I forgot about Amazon prime, looking now!
Im not a fan of ink myself but if its done tastefully its not so bad.
Am a car fan though. :)
Watch this space.

Micki_Finn
08-15-2019, 03:02 PM
I love the pin-up style dresses. My only issue with it is the young ladies who wear it now have a lot of ink, which I am not a fan of.

Well good thing they didn’t get their tattoos for you then.

How in the heck did this post turn into a referendum on tattoos? Let’s get this straight. Not all girls with tattoos wear vintage style dresses. Not all women who wear vintage style dresses have tattoos.

AngelaYVR
08-15-2019, 04:07 PM
There are various styles of pinup. There’s the Elvgren kind, military and rockabilly among others. I think those referring to tattoos are thinking of the latter and it’s a whole style unto itself.

I personally prefer the kind of pinup associated more with the classic paintings from the likes of Elvgren, Moran, etc. When the models were actually wearing clothes ;) they tended to be very elegant but caught in slightly embarrassing situations. I will often be wearing these types of outfits but without the unintended showing of stocking tops (usually). Occasionally I come across a GG kindred spirit and we will ooh and ahh over each other’s style, it’s like an exclusive club!

Maria in heels
08-18-2019, 09:34 PM
Kym....what about Lindy Bop? I know that they are based out of the UK ... inexpensive (imo) and their sizing is pretty spot on. These are the first couple of dresses that I ordered from them. I need to try them on again as from January, I have lost 22 lbs and the dresses may be a bit too loose, which is a good thing