PDA

View Full Version : Back in the closet - in a good way

Elizabeth G
08-20-2019, 04:43 PM
So about a year ago my wife and I began a much needed addition and major renovation of our house. Literally every wall, ceiling and floor surface has either been torn out and redone or refinished. This is an old house and closet space is at a premium.

Before we did the demo work my femme wardrobe was in a hall closet. This was torn apart along with everything else so my women's clothes got relegated to storage bins in the attic.

Priorities (rightfully in my opinion) dictated that finishing my closet wait until other things were finished.

Well as of last week those things were finished and early on Sunday morning I put the finishing touches on my closet and then spent a gleeful hour or so retrieving my exiled wardrobe from the attic and returning and arranging things to my satisfaction.

So I'm happily back in the closet now:D

Traci H
08-20-2019, 04:58 PM
Elizabeth I can see why you are happy to “be in the closet “. A nice available closet beats bins in the attic every time. Yes those house remodels can jazz up your life for a bit. Hopefully you are now able to enjoy the fruits of your labors. Just to be able to open a door and grab your stuff again is wonderful I know.

docrobbysherry
08-20-2019, 06:29 PM
Nice post, Liz! I tried to remember the days when all my things would fit into one closet. :straightface:

I can't! Now, they'd probably fill a full size semi trailer!:brolleyes:

Samm
08-20-2019, 06:34 PM
Wow, a year of renovating? What will you do with all of your new found free time.....:)

Phoebe Reece
08-20-2019, 08:07 PM
Elizabeth, I know how you feel. I recently completed an addition to my house that doubled the size of the master bedroom and quadrupled the size of the master closet. Now conflicts with my wife over my stuff taking up too much space are a thing of the past. It's a great feeling.

Crissy 107
08-20-2019, 09:26 PM
Elizabeth, With the recent talk here of being in the closet or out of the closet I like your take on the closet. You may find that with all your free time you may be buying more things and maybe need to expand it a little more.

kimdl93
08-20-2019, 09:47 PM
Glad to hear you’ve made some new space for yourself!

AllisonTn
08-20-2019, 10:01 PM
We have ours now that the kids are gone. I have my Allison closet. She has her club closet and we have our "normal" closet.

alwayshave
08-21-2019, 05:28 AM
Elizabeth, I'm happy that you have your closet back.