PDA

View Full Version : I could have a slight problem!

Gale R
03-25-2006, 05:34 PM
Saturday night my SO (who knows about me) has been nagged into baby sitting one of our grandchildren, so i decide its about time i went out for a drive and a little stroll,haven't been out lately and thought i'm getting out of practice.
Sounds good so far!:)
My 17 year old son (who doesn't know) is going out and won't be home till late or the next day, great you may think.
My son leaves early, then my SO leaves, time for me to glam up and get out there.
My mistake was leaving my make up, some jewelry and other bits out and the wardrobe door wide open (my wardrobe :eek: ), while i was out my son comes back in with all my bits and pieces spread all over the place, no he didn't see me but must have seen the things in MY wardrobe.
To cut a long story short, i washed as soon as i came in after noticing his wet umbrella at the foot of the stairs, my first reaction was oh my god he's home but to my relief he'd gone back out, so i had to get back in the car, after changing, and race off to see if he'd been to see his mother but he hadn't.
My wife and i have now concocted a story where she will say if asked that the stuff lying around was her overspill from her wardrobe and that she was in the process of clearing up when she had to leave, that could work unless he noticed the wigs i keep in my wardrobe.

If he has it looks like i'll have to be brave and tell him about me and my little hobby, it should be ok cos he's a pretty broad minded 17 year old but i didn't want to let him find out yet.:o

I should know tomorrow wether this subterfuge will work, so wish me luck girls i think i'm going to need it.:doh:

Hugs, Gale.

Wenda
03-25-2006, 06:19 PM
I have four adult children. I first told my daughter, who informed me that her older brother, my oldest son, also dressed. She also informed her brother that he and I shared the same hobby. My son and I have discussed it in some detail via email. We havent done a father-son:mother-daughter encounter yet. My youngest son, then 18, was staying at my house. My closet door doesnt always latch, and will slowly open, revealing 12 pairs of assorted womens shoes hanging in a shoe-sorter.
He found this, and talked to his older brother about it. He was gone when I got home, but his brother informed me, so I emailed him an apology.
His reaction was .... OK, whatever works for you. If the opportunity presents itself to disclose this to your son on your terms, I would encourage you to seize it. Its better for your children to know, than always live with the prospect of them finding out by chance, and jumping to conclusions. good luck

Butterfly Bill
03-25-2006, 06:54 PM
I'll wish you good fortune in coming out, but not in telling the story.

Shelly Preston
03-25-2006, 08:15 PM
Good luck Gale

GypsyKaren
03-25-2006, 08:21 PM
Hi Gale

I gotta tell you, you shouldn't worry about it. We told my wife's 16 year old about me after he saw me dressed one morning (we were planning on telling him anyway), and all he did was shrug his shoulders and go back to his favorite place outside of his room, the refigerator. As long as you have food in your house, a teenager can deal with anything, so maybe you should just try telling him.

Karen

wo-MAN
03-26-2006, 03:42 AM
Honesty is the best policy. Plus today's teens are so open minded they don't care anymore.0.02

DonnaT
03-26-2006, 10:28 AM
You might find he is already aware of your CDing. When I told our son, he said he already knew, and had no problem with it. I only wish I had brought it up earlier, then I wouldn't have had so many heart stopping moments when he'd almost catch me. It's much more pleasant and relaxing now that I needn't hide.

Gale R
03-26-2006, 07:10 PM
Thanks for the replies girls, it looks like i may have got away with it this time but i think i'll come clean and tell him soon.

Hugs, Gale.

Maureen Henley
03-26-2006, 09:09 PM
Gale,

I have no children, but I do have two nephews and a niece who live next door (300 yds.), and three others who live out of state. They all know, as do a few of their friends. I have found that to younger people, this is really no big deal. At least not to the ones I have encountered. As my godchild, Sara, said to me when I came out to her and her sister, "well, now we have Uncle Marty and Aunt Maureen." If you have raised your children in an atmosphere of tolerance and acceptanc of others, I don't think you have much to worry about.

Charlene Marie
03-26-2006, 10:25 PM
Gale, WOW, You like living on the edge girl. I think a 17 year old man, could probably take this better than a 30 year old wife.So, tell him. Yo obviously love him very much and he might surprise you with his reaction to the truth. Kids these days are a lot more in tune with different people and lifestyles than we ever were. You know him and what he can handle.

God luck, you are a real trooper, honest, straightforward and I wish you the best of everything.