PDA

View Full Version : I'd fully recommend it !!

Teresa
08-23-2019, 08:56 AM
This is a fun thread for something that happened yesterday in a large out of town shopping centre . I was with a very good TS friend helping her choose a dress for a special occasion . I heard a couple having a disagreement as they walked down the racks towards me , as they passed me the wife said , " Next time I'm coming by myself !" So I looked up with a smile and said , " I'd fully recommend it !" They both turned and smiled at me , the husband then said , " We are married your know !" So I replied , " Yes I know , it does show ! " At that he put his arm round her and suggested they go and get a coffee .

So then I had a little fun , while my friend was decided what to buy I spotted a Coast asymetric dress in a golden tangerine colour in size 12 . I held it up in front of me more in fun, my friend looked at the price tag , a £120.00 dress reduced to £11.99 , she said , "for goodness sake try it on at that price ". The colour was a total knockout but sadly as usual Coast sizing is under and I needed a 14 . We were attracting some attention as we couldn't be bothered to walk the length of the shop to use the Ladies changing rooms so we had used a couple of cubicles in the male section . I had to accept the dress went back in the racks , as we walked away I said , " Mutton dressed as lamb anyway !" My friend said, " not abit of it , if they had a 14 you would have been stupid not to buy it ! " The devil in me knew she was right !!

CONSUELO
08-25-2019, 07:53 PM
Baaaa H!!
I'm sure you would have looked good in it if they had the size 14.

Rachelakld
08-26-2019, 12:39 AM
Besides, mutton should be allowed to look "current" and "trendy".
Sounds like a fun outing

Bobbi46
08-26-2019, 02:29 AM
Did you feel "Sheepish" at having lost out?

abbiedrake
08-26-2019, 03:20 AM
Shame it didn't fit Ewe!

Teresa
08-26-2019, 09:52 AM
Thanks everyone , I'm glad you all had some fun with it .

As for the couple I wonder if she'll stick to her word , you never know perhaps the husband was a CDer and wanted the same dress !!

Bobbi46
08-27-2019, 12:39 PM
I've heard of long shanks referring to long legs but do Lamb Shanks apply here!!

abbiedrake
08-27-2019, 02:30 PM
This thread was the Silence of the Lambs til you piped up again, Bobbi.
😁

Teresa
08-28-2019, 12:57 PM
Bobbi,
If someone really passes and looks stunning perhaps you could call her " Glam chops !! "

I hate to add this but I did also try on a very nice fleece lined jacket .

Bobbi46
08-28-2019, 01:09 PM
Teresa if you payed too much you were definately "Fleeced" is so next time you go shopping you can "Baaater" for a better price!

MargaretJ
08-28-2019, 02:46 PM
Bobbi,
If someone really passes and looks stunning perhaps you could call her " Glam chops !! "

I hate to add this but I did also try on a very nice fleece lined jacket .

Ewe devil.

abbiedrake
08-28-2019, 04:50 PM
A fleece lined jacket?! Cmon, really?! Are ewe trynna pull the wool over our eyes. You've got some shear nerve, lady.
I don't believe you and you should just shut the flock up now!

I do hope you never shoplift. That would make ewe a (shepherd's) crook.

Bobbi46
08-28-2019, 05:42 PM
Well various thoughts have been Ram med down nicely!!