PDA

View Full Version : easter bonnetts???

Mandy Salamander
03-25-2006, 08:44 PM
'k,,,,, was just wondering,,, does anyboddy else, like ladies hats???,,, i got this matching jacket 'n hat over a year ago, (th' leather skirt i added separately,, 'n soooo sorry for th' photographic issues, but there is a band 'round th' hat which matches jacket),,,,,,,,,,,, 'n now have 'bout a dozen hats, mostly fancier 'n more elaborate styles w' lotsa flowers 'n feathers 'n beads 'n veils 'n such,,,, absolutely no idea where i might actually where such delights,, but i dooo adore them,,,,, anyhoots!,,,,, annyboddy else?????

Janelle Young
03-25-2006, 09:47 PM
I think a woman in a hat looks sexy, just like you do my dear.

Tina Dixon
03-25-2006, 10:20 PM
looks good on you but I'll past on the hat my self.

jenny_centaur
03-25-2006, 10:34 PM
BBC hat advice:

Top hat tips for ladies

1. If you're short, don't wear a hat that's too wide. If you're tall you can get away with more.

2. Unless you have the character to get away with it, the brim of the hat shouldn't be wider than your shoulders.

3. Don't let your hat drown you.

4. If you feel comfy with your chosen hat, you will automatically look confident and good!

5. To make yourself feel more comfy in it, wear your hat around the house, down to the shops, or to work!

6. Before the day, experiment with hairpins, combs and elastic so that your hat will stay on your head.

7. Hairspray helps to stop your hat slipping in the wind.

8. The sun will hopefully be out, so make sure you pick a hat that looks good with sunglasses!

They're talking about hats in the context of "Ladies Day" at Royal Ascot, but the advice is sound for most circumstances.

Here's a nice Ascot-style hat you might like to get:

http://www.felicity.co.uk/images/hats/Dyonni%204004%20-%20Bumblefleur.jpg

Breanne
03-25-2006, 11:13 PM
BBC hat advice:

They're talking about hats in the context of "Ladies Day" at Royal Ascot, but the advice is sound for most circumstances.

Here's a nice Ascot-style hat you might like to get:

http://www.felicity.co.uk/images/hats/Dyonni%204004%20-%20Bumblefleur.jpg
Hey, were did you get that picture of me? (I wish!!!)

Teresa Amina
03-26-2006, 10:23 PM
Here's a couple hats, one warm weather, one cold weather.

jenny_centaur
03-27-2006, 03:33 PM
Here's a couple hats, one warm weather, one cold weather.

Teresa, those hats are great! especially the first one; it suits you perfectly and you look gorgeous:)

The great thing about hats is that they're unique (I mean you rarely see the same hat on two different women). Plus they can last a very long time before going out of fashion; in fact some hats just never go out of fashion.

Teresa Amina
03-27-2006, 07:50 PM
Teresa, those hats are great! especially the first one; it suits you perfectly and you look gorgeous:)

That one is my favorite too, but my photo retouching fuzzed out my face a bit too much!