PDA

View Full Version : What shoes should I wear with a black trouser suit

Natasha Anne
10-30-2004, 08:52 AM
I posted a similar poll at Roses, but will keep the result from there a secret until this one is completed.

I have a black trouser suit I want to wear, but don't want to make a fashion faux pas when out in front of the GG's in my workplace.

I have two choices for what to wear

1. Pink wrap shirt, button up shirt or top, with pink heels, a pink bag, belt and complementary watch and jewellery
2. White button up shirt, black heels, black bag and all the other accessories I need to make the outfit complete.

What do you think I should go for, and if you have the inclination why?

Julie
10-30-2004, 08:59 AM
Natasha, having seen the poll over at Rose's I must say I gree with the result there, it was a little overwhelming don't you think?

Julie J

Natasha Anne
10-30-2004, 09:01 AM
Natasha, having seen the poll over at Rose's I must say I gree with the result there, it was a little overwhelming don't you think?

Julie J
Yes, and strangly my vote agrees to :)

I'm interested to compare a predominatly British audiences responses with the one I get here. It's fun.

babe4life
10-30-2004, 09:05 AM
Hi Natasha! Long time no hear :)

I voted for the white combo package. :p

Love,
Vicky

Marianne
10-30-2004, 09:09 AM
Can't go wrong with the black/white combo, especially in the workplace.

Of course, if you work in a brothel, go with the pink! :p

Natasha Anne
10-30-2004, 09:25 AM
Hi Natasha! Long time no hear :)

I voted for the white combo package. :p

Love,
Vicky
I've been all over Roses like a rash recently :)

But nothing much seems to be going on a tgsafrica, other than people patting each other on the back.

I shall try to visit here more often :rolleyes:

babe4life
10-30-2004, 09:28 AM
Hi Natasha,

Glad to hear it ;)

Love,
Vicky

Anne Charlotte
10-30-2004, 01:27 PM
aven't seen the roses pole, but got to be white with black - especially if the black is crisp linen and the white is satin !!!! :D

Amelie
10-30-2004, 03:50 PM
Got to go with Black and White. As XsideburnsX would say. Two-tone is the best music.
Love Amelie

Sharon
10-30-2004, 04:34 PM
I concur with the white consensus. I love pink for home, but white is the way to go if you want to be taken seriously.

Lily_gg
10-30-2004, 07:51 PM
Well, I've just voted for the black & white, but then I've got a bit of a hang-up about pink anyhow (getting into it slowly though, finding it actually kinda suits me!!!). I had this horrible vision of bright bright bright fuschia pink, which would really not be my thing at all (although I've seen some people look stunning in it!). If it's baby pink though, I think I'd like it....

How about the black suit, white shirt, and then subtle bits of pink? Add the pink belt, or the shoes (maybe both if they match well, although it could look a little much), maybe the belt and the bag - all the magazine fashion pages love this kind of subtle use of colour for the workplace, and then you can go overboard on your favourite brights for evenings and weekends. :D

How about some piccies of both outfits? :D

Fiona K
10-30-2004, 11:25 PM
Well, I've just voted for the black & white, but then I've got a bit of a hang-up about pink anyhow (getting into it slowly though, finding it actually kinda suits me!!!). I had this horrible vision of bright bright bright fuschia pink, which would really not be my thing at all (although I've seen some people look stunning in it!). If it's baby pink though, I think I'd like it....

How about the black suit, white shirt, and then subtle bits of pink? Add the pink belt, or the shoes (maybe both if they match well, although it could look a little much), maybe the belt and the bag - all the magazine fashion pages love this kind of subtle use of colour for the workplace, and then you can go overboard on your favourite brights for evenings and weekends. :D

How about some piccies of both outfits? :D

I'm with Lily,
White shirt with accents of pink? Depends a bit on whether it is girly pink or bubblegum pink............. Decisions, Decisions!
Fiona
xx

Natasha Anne
10-31-2004, 01:44 AM
I love this comment :) I'm waering womens clothes to work and I'd be worried about whether I'd be taken seriously in pink or white :rolleyes: I'm going to be absued for a day, but I'll take it as long as things don't get nasty

I concur with the white consensus. I love pink for home, but white is the way to go if you want to be taken seriously.

Natasha Anne
10-31-2004, 01:47 AM
How about the black suit, white shirt, and then subtle bits of pink? Add the pink belt, or the shoes (maybe both if they match well, although it could look a little much), maybe the belt and the bag - all the magazine fashion pages love this kind of subtle use of colour for the workplace, :D

:D
I will post piccies when I've worn them :)

AS for the subtle hints of pink. That's a good idea. I pack away the heels, but I have the perfect white shirt with some subtle pink detail in it. Would my bag need to match my shoes, or could it be pink.

I figure if I'm going in girls clothes, I'm not exactly going to have a hang-up about taking a bag along too. I would even wear a skirt, but I need the right outfit for that, I'm extremely fussy, and as a result I haven't found one yet :(

Lily_gg
10-31-2004, 04:17 AM
*giggles*

Well, you've certainly got the girlie attitude to getting the right outfit down absolutely perfectly! :p

Um, I'd say shoes and bag don't need to match if you're wearing black shoes and putting colour into the outfit with the bag, ditto if you did it with the belt (or bag and belt). If the shoes and the bag are similar colours, they need to either be so close that they only look different (and then only slightly) when right next to each other, or significantly different so it looks deliberate (e.g. dark and light pink. If they're the same tone but different shades, perfect! By which I mean, if you got two tins of paint of the same colour, then added a load of white to one, they'd be the same tone, but different shades because one would be much lighter. Um. Not sure if that makes sense!...).

I find if you're struggling, the easiest thing to do is go for a fairly simple outfit, like the b&w you've got, and put one colourful item with it. Next step is to link two things together - the white shirt with the pink in sounds like it could work well with the pink shoes, if the pink of the shoes is in the shirt, it'll look gorgeous, you could even add the belt to the whole lot. Maybe. I feel a bit like I'm starting to ramble nonsensically now. Ok, time for better advice:

Put on the outfit that you want to wear.
Look in the mirror.
Decide whether you like what you see.
If the answer is no, make a change so that you do like it (e.g. if something clashes).
If the answer is yes, wear it, go out, and don't care what anyone else thinks, because you have nothing to prove to anyone.

The one exception being if someone compliments you - anyone giving you a compliment is clearly absolutely 100% spot-on, it's just the ones who want to insult who have no taste :p :D

Sandra H
10-31-2004, 04:56 AM
Hi Natasha.

I voted the black and white because they look smart together. I am just wondering what colour of pantyhose will you be wearing? As this could spoil the overall look.

Once you have decided upon your outfit, then all that will remain is for you to have a great time and enjoy yourself. ;)

Natasha Anne
10-31-2004, 05:35 AM
Thanks Lily and Sandra :)

I was at the mall this morning, getting the Sunday paper etc. and just happened to come upon an even better white shirt with light pink stripes in it. I think that shirt with a pink bag and belt and black heels is going to be it. :rolleyes:

Julie
10-31-2004, 07:20 AM
Natasha, there's still been no change on the Rose's poll overnight, things do look overwhelming, don't they?

Julie J

Natasha Anne
10-31-2004, 09:24 AM
Natasha, there's still been no change on the Rose's poll overnight, things do look overwhelming, don't they?

Julie JConspiracy theories abound :)

Or they're just bored. I guess I posted the poll in the first place because I knew what the answer should be, but had to check just in case I could get a away with wearing my new pink shoes :)

Did you notice I got 3 pink votes here, compared to 2/30 at Roses

Julie
10-31-2004, 09:40 AM
I noticed that but thought it was probably Nicole Satin using devious means to vote 3 times for the pink shoes, they are her colour. If she did we'll have to forgive her as it is her Birthday. :D

Julie J

Natasha Anne
10-31-2004, 10:50 AM
I noticed that but thought it was probably Nicole Satin using devious means to vote 3 times for the pink shoes, they are her colour. If she did we'll have to forgive her as it is her Birthday. :D

Julie J
I love the colour too, so I'm very forgiving ;)