PDA

View Full Version : Shopping at Kohl's

Jennaie
03-25-2006, 11:41 PM
I suppose that my trip to Barnes and Noble made me think that I just might pass in another place like a dept store. Today I got dressed, "only took me about 1 hour to do my makeup this time" and I walked outside into the sunlight with a mirror to see what I looked like in the daylight. When I looked in the mirror I was actually impressed with what I saw. I smiled into the mirror and I saw an attractive 50 year old woman smiling back at me.

I went back inside and the need to go out was just overwhelming. I got my purse, slipped into my womens tennis shoes and out the door I went. I did not want to have to use a bank card or credit card for any purchases that I might make so I decided to stop at a 7-11 and pull some cash from an atm.

When I pulled up the place was packed and I was nervous about getting out of the car. I finally got up my nerve and walked into the store. There were several people in there so I just paid attention to what I was doing and got my cash. I left the store without incident, nor did see anyone who looked my way give me a second glance.

When I arrived at Kohl's dept store, I walked in and the girl at the counter said hi to me. I returned her with a polite hello that I have been practicing with a recorder and she smiled back.

There were lots of people in the store. Men, women with children, not to mention the "dreaded teenage girls", only a few of them but that is enough to scare this old lady. I walked by several people making eye contact and just smiling and not a single person gave me a second glance. Then I turned the corner and there were two teenage girls, about 15 or 16. I made eye contact with one of them as we passed and I smiled at her with her returning the smile and glancing away.

At this point I realized that I had nothing to worry about and really relaxed and started shopping. I tried on a few things and then I had to go to the bathroom. As I opened the bathroom door there was a woman with three children inside. To be safe, I closed the door and waited in the store till she and her children came out.

As they came out her little boy looked up at me and gave me a big smile. I smiled back and proceded to go into the bathroom. After I left the bathroom I spent another half hour shopping and then went to checkout counter. I only bought a pair of sunglasses and some earrings.

As luck would have it, I only had to say hello and thank you at the checkout counter.
It was a wonderful experience and I can't wait to get out some more.
Only problem is, I have got to get some attractive womens prescription glasses. :happy:

uknowhoo
03-26-2006, 12:07 AM
Wow, look who's totally passing!
Congratulations on your second big outing, Jennaie.:D
Be careful, it can become somewhat addictive.
Thanks for posting:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Hugs,
Tammi

talkwithmelissa
03-26-2006, 12:27 AM
Way to go girl. Here's to many more oppurtunities.

Allison1
03-26-2006, 12:37 AM
Girls, you look good tonight. Enjoy and be happy. Lots of love, allisoon

Monica55cd
03-26-2006, 01:22 AM
Jennaie.. you look wonderful.. nice to hear your experience.... when I go to Kohls with my GF i want to so badly shop for fem things there... i think I might try there when i do first go out the other place i've been scoping out to go enfem is Catherine's...they seem nice there too...how about some pics of how you looked that day??

Jennaie
03-26-2006, 01:40 AM
Thank you ladies, I had so much fun. I honestly did not thnk that it was going to work when I first started thinking about getting out again. I hope to be able to get some new pics soon but I do not own a digital camera, how sad. I have a really good 35 mm but I am very uncomfortable about taking pics in to be developed.

I am meeting with another cd that I met here on the forums for coffee in a couple weeks and perhaps she has a digital and we can arrange a photo session sometime soon.

I have been looking at cameras but have not been able to decide which one I want to get. So many to choose from.

cdlib, I cannot begin to tell you how nice it was to casually stroll through the isles, looking at everything from panties to coats and feel like "I belong here".

GypsyKaren
03-26-2006, 02:26 AM
Hi Jennaie

I'm so happy for you, and I'm glad you had a good time. I love Kohl's, their new spring stuff is real cute. You just can't beat being out and about, can you?

Karen

Jennaie
03-26-2006, 02:53 AM
Karen:

It was too wonderful. If I had to choose between it and a trip to disneyworld, I would go shopping again. LOL

It's the first time I actually felt "like I belonged" where I was. I am waiting for my new wig to come in and I hope that it works as well as the one I am currently using. The wig I am using now is the one that is in my avatar and if the new one does not look as good I will buy the style I currently have and have it styled. The wig I am wearing is borrowed from a friend of mine who is a post-op ts and she no longer wears wigs. Lucky girl, I shave my head because there is so little hair left. LOL

GypsyKaren
03-26-2006, 03:04 AM
Woo hoo, I shave my head too, gotta go for that gypsy look. I think you look just fine, very pretty. Enjoy your next time out, it gets better and better.

Karen

HotJean
03-26-2006, 06:47 AM
I think I tried Kohls once, but got agravated by the lack of pant/jeans/shorts in my size (18 - 20). Kohl's is having a big sale this weekend so I guess I'll go back, but what is your take? Do they stock these sizes?

BrookeMckayla
03-29-2006, 12:59 PM
Hey Jennaie,

My first shopping trip after coming out to my SO was at Kohls. She thought it would be a good place for us to go. And it was. We have been there at least a half a dozen times since. I feel comfortable there. I wrote it up on myspace.com.

Of course, I went as a guy. I haven't tried going out dressed yet. But, we will, and it will be at Kohls.

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=59048638&blogID=100361895&MyToken=5b80010f-e77e-4b33-9f15-33e1e6ea9b3b

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

the first couple weeks
Category: Life

Well, the last couple of weeks have been wonderful! That's why I haven't written much yet. I have been having too much fun to write about it. My relationship with my wife, as good as it was, has gotten even better! What a shocking, but pleasant surprise. I never thought it would turn out like this. I was pretty sure that if anybody ever found out, the world would end. It has never felt so good to be wrong!

We've been shopping at least a half a dozen times since I told her I feel like I should be a girl. Shopping with my wife for clothes has turned from being a boring, tedious, endeavor, to something I look forward to and get excited about. It feels so good to just be me. I can take a minute to look at some pretty clothes that I found, instead of just glancing everywhere really quick hoping nobody will notice my interest in woman clothes. We have a great time when we go shopping. I feel totally comfortable and safe shopping with her. I even use the dressing room without much thought. Being able to really speak what I think has been great all around. She loves my taste, and I have been picking out great outfits for both of us. It feels so totally awesome to be able to browse the clothes racks with her.

When we started looking for a cashier, we heard 'I can help you over here, ladies'. Only my wife and I knew how much that meant to me. . . .and I wasn't even dressed en femme. My long hair either has people thinking I'm a girl, or I'm some tough, cold, intimidating biker type guy. Lol, if they only knew. I wonder how many other dudes out there are like me.

She has also been great with teaching me make-up. I bought the book 'Making Faces' and we have been experimenting on each other. I feel like a teenager . . .like I'm going thru puberty again, only this time as a girl. I've taught her some things already as well, so this whole thing has been very expanding to our minds. For instance, she didn't think you could put eyeliner on the inner rim of your eyelids. She said you would get an infection. I told her that I had never heard of that and it must be an old wives tail because I read site after site about lining the inner rim . . .AND it says so in the book we just bought.

For every one thing I teach her, she teaches me about 30 things. We're going thru this together and we are both growing from it and it is totally awesome. I still can't believe this is turning out so well. Everything, like our conversations, our intimacy, and friendship, has all been even better! It's all been incredibly wonderful! I can not describe how awesome my wife has been about all of this. She has been so understanding and supportive. I love her so much. . .she's the best!

Kathycd
03-29-2006, 02:24 PM
Fantastic experience Jennaie! you look great, no that is the wrong term, you are woman personified in look and demeanor. You go girl!

kathy

christine55
03-29-2006, 02:58 PM
A successful trip just makes the next one that much easier. So much more fun when not so on guard.
Hugs, Christine

Katrina
03-29-2006, 06:29 PM
Jennaie,
I'm jealous! I love Kohls too! I'm glad you had a good experience there...maybe someday I'll get the guts to go there enfemme.

Jennaie
03-29-2006, 06:42 PM
Hey Jennaie,

My first shopping trip after coming out to my SO was at Kohls. She thought it would be a good place for us to go. And it was. We have been there at least a half a dozen times since. I feel comfortable there. I wrote it up on myspace.com.

Of course, I went as a guy. I haven't tried going out dressed yet. But, we will, and it will be at Kohls.

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=59048638&blogID=100361895&MyToken=5b80010f-e77e-4b33-9f15-33e1e6ea9b3b

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

the first couple weeks
Category: Life

Well, the last couple of weeks have been wonderful! That's why I haven't written much yet. I have been having too much fun to write about it. My relationship with my wife, as good as it was, has gotten even better! What a shocking, but pleasant surprise. I never thought it would turn out like this. I was pretty sure that if anybody ever found out, the world would end. It has never felt so good to be wrong!

We've been shopping at least a half a dozen times since I told her I feel like I should be a girl. Shopping with my wife for clothes has turned from being a boring, tedious, endeavor, to something I look forward to and get excited about. It feels so good to just be me. I can take a minute to look at some pretty clothes that I found, instead of just glancing everywhere really quick hoping nobody will notice my interest in woman clothes. We have a great time when we go shopping. I feel totally comfortable and safe shopping with her. I even use the dressing room without much thought. Being able to really speak what I think has been great all around. She loves my taste, and I have been picking out great outfits for both of us. It feels so totally awesome to be able to browse the clothes racks with her.

When we started looking for a cashier, we heard 'I can help you over here, ladies'. Only my wife and I knew how much that meant to me. . . .and I wasn't even dressed en femme. My long hair either has people thinking I'm a girl, or I'm some tough, cold, intimidating biker type guy. Lol, if they only knew. I wonder how many other dudes out there are like me.

She has also been great with teaching me make-up. I bought the book 'Making Faces' and we have been experimenting on each other. I feel like a teenager . . .like I'm going thru puberty again, only this time as a girl. I've taught her some things already as well, so this whole thing has been very expanding to our minds. For instance, she didn't think you could put eyeliner on the inner rim of your eyelids. She said you would get an infection. I told her that I had never heard of that and it must be an old wives tail because I read site after site about lining the inner rim . . .AND it says so in the book we just bought.

For every one thing I teach her, she teaches me about 30 things. We're going thru this together and we are both growing from it and it is totally awesome. I still can't believe this is turning out so well. Everything, like our conversations, our intimacy, and friendship, has all been even better! It's all been incredibly wonderful! I can not describe how awesome my wife has been about all of this. She has been so understanding and supportive. I love her so much. . .she's the best!

I'm so happy for you that you have had such a wonderful experience. Can't tell you that I am not jealous of your relationship with your loving wife, but...

Be cautious, because if you don't take her out to a lovely restraurant and tell her that she is the absolute most beautiful woman in the world while giving her a special gift that appears from under the table. Someone like me will. "giggle"

Jennaie :be:

Jennaie
03-29-2006, 06:46 PM
Jennaie,
I'm jealous! I love Kohls too! I'm glad you had a good experience there...maybe someday I'll get the guts to go there enfemme.

I can't believe your not out there every day girl! Your avatar is so cute I just want to kiss you. What a beautiful smile.

Keely
03-29-2006, 06:53 PM
Kohl's was the first place that I dared to try on clothes. Worked out OK and I still buy there.

Jennaie
03-29-2006, 06:53 PM
I think I tried Kohls once, but got agravated by the lack of pant/jeans/shorts in my size (18 - 20). Kohl's is having a big sale this weekend so I guess I'll go back, but what is your take? Do they stock these sizes?

Ouch... ummm, I don't know what to say... I wear a size 8 in jeans and a womens large in tops.

Go ahead, I know what you're thinking.... say it, Oh, you bitch! Ok, I deserved that. :bonk:

Jennaie
03-29-2006, 06:56 PM
Fantastic experience Jennaie! you look great, no that is the wrong term, you are woman personified in look and demeanor. You go girl!

kathy

You do know how to make a girl feel good Kathy. {{{{{Hugs}}}}

HaleyPink2000
03-29-2006, 07:22 PM
Jennaie:)

You look lovely hun in that wig. Your look is so naturally female I'd not know unless you told me other wise. Love the story Hun, and hope you many more great days ahead.

GypsyKaren:)

Your to cool. I'd so like to meet you someday. You seem like such a fun person. Love the new Avatar!

Take care Sis TC

Jennaie
03-29-2006, 07:33 PM
HaleyPink2000 Jennaie:)

You look lovely hun in that wig. Your look is so naturally female I'd not know unless you told me other wise. Love the story Hun, and hope you many more great days ahead.

Or uttered a single word to you in the english language, or any other language for that matter. :p

Billijo49504
03-29-2006, 09:10 PM
I don't know if you girls know, but Kohl's has a cosmetics dept now. And they give free make overs, to get you too buy their products...

bj

michellecd9999
03-29-2006, 09:39 PM
I have shopped for fem items at Kohls in guy mode. Never had any problem.
I have not shopped in fem.... yet....
Michelle

RenaCD
03-29-2006, 10:05 PM
Jennaie Thanks so much for a wonderful shopping story it's sounds like you had a Fabulous Day and why not you deserve it. We do a lot of shopping at Kohl's, me in drab. Maybe someday I'll be brave like you, but in the meantime, Glad you had a great day.:thumbsup:

Super Hugs Rena

cindybarnes
03-30-2006, 07:02 AM
Hi Jenniae,
My first daytime shopping in fem mode was at Kohl's, I was so nervous I just browsed a bit and left. The store was almost empty since I went as soon as they opened and the sound of my heels seemed to echo through the whole store LOL.
Thats great you actualy bought something unlike me :)
Its been said over and over,, if we just act natural and dress like a typical GG people just dont pay attention.
Cindy

alysonatl
03-30-2006, 09:55 AM
Jennaie dear: I've gone shooping in Kohl's several times with a GG gf and each time has been great. I was totally accepted and even got a consultation from the Ashley Judd makeup lady.
I've discovered the better discount chains like SteinMart, TJ Maxx and most especially Ross are more accepting and more welcoming than both the larger dept. stores and places like Target and Kmart. Have you girls had the same experience?