PDA

View Full Version : How Tall Is Too Tall?

Daphne Jane
03-26-2006, 12:34 AM
Just throwing out a question here ladies I am going for gender therapy hoping to transition just worried about height wise my wife thinks I make a cute girl but is unsure of me being able to pass due to my height I am 6'7" someone please advise me if this will work or not thank you

Jennaie
03-26-2006, 12:55 AM
Don't know what to tell you. If passing completely is imperative to your transitioning. I would give it some thought. I don't believe that I have ever in my life met a woman that is 6'7".

Barb Valentine
03-26-2006, 01:25 AM
It's how you feel on the inside that matters

Michelle Hart
03-26-2006, 03:46 AM
Don't be so sure.....

The tallest and biggest woman in the world lives in Holland. She is 7'4" and weighs 320lbs.

ValerieToo
03-26-2006, 04:19 AM
Hi Daphne,

I'm sure your post was meant to read that you are 6' 7" and not 67" which would make you five foot seven, not a bad height for passing. I am 6' 4" and could not pass, but for me it's not just the height but a matter of being too old and weathered :-} When I was younger which I assume you are, I could probably have gotten away with it. Especially in flats (But I like tall heels and so I am 6' 9" dressed.)

But height is less a factor these days, I think. I see more and more GG young ladies over six feet and my first thought is NOT is that really a guy?

If you have the blessings of your wife, and she thinks you make a cute girl, that would be more than enough for me. Go for it, be that tall, stunning girly girl and don't worry about what anyone thinks. But tell me where you get your clothing, because I can't even find Boy clothes with long enough sleeves!

Love,

Valerie

Joy Carter
03-26-2006, 05:19 AM
It's a state of mind honey just be the best you can be with some class and you will make it. Was at the doctors last week and a Catholic school GG came in she was in her school uniform and she was at lest five elleven. Vollyball anyone?

I'd like to be a threesome with thouse two blondes after that I could die happy.

Toni CD
03-26-2006, 05:39 AM
i agree with the other gals, it is how you feel inside that counts. that will show on the outside. be yourself and be proud. as for the gal from holland can you say AMAZON......

Paula Jaye
03-26-2006, 05:49 AM
What people seem to mean by passing is "not attract too much attention". So at 6'7" you will attract attention - in either male or female mode.. It's down to you - if you feel comfortable as a female of your height you will "pass". Sure you'll get second looks but if you feel right, you'll look right and will have no problem.

DanaJ
03-26-2006, 07:06 AM
Don't be so sure.....

The tallest and biggest woman in the world lives in Holland. She is 7'4" and weighs 320lbs.Sorry Michelle - this is a well-known internet hoax - see http://www.snopes.com/photos/tallwoman.asp

Back on topic - Daphne, your height will make you stand out more (excuse the pun), but unless we could see some pix of you or a video, only you will know how well you can pass.....

Sally24
03-26-2006, 08:55 AM
There are girls as tall as that, but not many. http://www.tallwomen.org/famous/ I myself am around 6 foot and I'm taller than most women. You have to realize that you'll never "blend" in. If you can look and act like a woman otherwise than your height than you'll just have to be an extraordinary woman! If you can look great, then you'll just be a great looking woman who is very tall.

Eric/a
03-26-2006, 09:01 AM
Thanks for that great pic, Michelle! Whoever she is, even if she's just 6' or something for real, I feel a lot better now about being 5'9" and wearing 6" heeled platforms like hers! For a long time, I wondered if any girl over about 5'7" could wear those and still look good! I've been dreaming about these (http://www.mayashoes.com/Sky-3091GCHERRY.JPEG) 7" jobbies for a long time, but I've been to scared to try them until now! Wadda ya think...go for it? ? ?:D

Tina Dixon
03-26-2006, 09:02 AM
Well im six foot three and if im dressed i know people will look, it's a given.

Michelle Hart
03-26-2006, 11:17 AM
Thanks Dana for the clarification.

I'm 6' tall so I use "heather" as my guide. There is no doubt she is a GG so If she can do It so Can I.

I wear 4" heels most of the time and have managed to "get away with it"

Eric/a: I have those in black and red also. Go for it!! I did.

HaleyPink2000
03-26-2006, 03:42 PM
I'd have to say just this time. I have a case of Breast envy. That woman has great breasts. Then being 7 foot tall , Wowowow.

rexy
03-26-2006, 05:27 PM
Being too tall / Who says that someone is too tall. It is how you will feel. If you feel good about yourself, FEEL LIKE A WOMAN who cares how tall you are girl. Go for it. Myself I am 6'2" tall and like at least 3" heels when i am out
I just try to look my best and who cares after that , not me. Hope THIS helps girl :thumbsup:

Francine
03-26-2006, 05:31 PM
I have the same problem..or fear.
I am 6'5" tall, and a rather slim build, a feel I look nice as a woman, but being that tall, makes me feel that I would always be 'made' in public.

My search showed that most women over 6' tall or so, play for the WPBA. (Women's Professional Basketball Association)

It do limit myself to 3" heels, or I have to watch door way headers! :happy:

Francine

rexy
03-26-2006, 05:34 PM
I have the same problem..or fear.
I am 6'5" tall, and a rather slim build, a feel I look nice as a woman, but being that tall, makes me feel that I would always be 'made' in public.

My search showed that most women over 6' tall or so, play for the WPBA. (Women's Professional Basketball Association)

It do limit myself to 3" heels, or I have to watch door way headers! :happy:

Francine
do you go out ?

Francine
03-26-2006, 05:51 PM
Rexy,

Once... in a great while, but mainly for just a "road trip". Except for the occasional drive thru at a fast food place for something to eat or drink, or a turn pike toll booth, I haven't 'mingled' with the public. I have worn the fur coat out once, twice if you count the time, I went in drab. :)

Francine

Julie Avery
03-26-2006, 07:04 PM
Those are real GG's in the WNBA (for you Englishfolk, the Women's National Basketball Association).

Daphne Jane
03-26-2006, 09:38 PM
well thank you all for your comments you have helped me immensly I am going to go and become the girl I was meant to be I am coming out a little at a time first is family then friends then in laws hope they take it well thanks again sisters I feel lots of love here and give mine to my online family

Charlene Marie
03-26-2006, 10:41 PM
Excellent responce Dana. Let's see a picture Daphne. OMG am I on the creative writing page?

PS Dana, I apologise, you know why.

Zelda Noe
03-26-2006, 10:56 PM
Daphne: If you are a slender tall man, try using hip shapers to give you a frontways equal proportion with your shoulder width. Do not wear anything with shoulder pads in them, as this will broaden your shoulder look. I've seen real GG tall women who look quite attractive. But as others have said, you will ALWAYS be noticed either as a man or woman, simply because of the tallness. Try to not overglamorize in your femme look, ask your wife for tips on dressing as natural looking as possible. My advice is to wear long hair wigs to compensate for height. Hope my two cents helps you.

Warmly, Dandy

ReginaK
03-27-2006, 04:02 AM
My step mother is about 6'2" (as tall as me) and when she wears anything with a heel, she towers over me. I've met women taller than me and wider than me and a lot of them were beautiful. So many people wrongfully equate size with beauty. You could be 8ft tall and still be beautiful. It's all about how you carry yourself.

Don't concern yourself with passing too much. Most TS women you'll talk to will say they gave up trying to pass after the first couple of months. It simply eats away at your esteem. Just be yourself. You'll be so much happier.