PDA

View Full Version : Men's legs vs women's legs

Nicole Bernard
09-07-2019, 05:58 PM
Besides foot size, do you think there is a noticeable difference between the shape of a man's leg versus a woman's?

If you shave your legs and put on nylons, do you think anyone could tell you were a guy just by the shape of your legs?

I think I could tell if it's a man's arms, butt, neck, chest, and other features. But I kind of feel that legs are the most similar body part. I feel like the shape is very close.

Thoughts?

Micki_Finn
09-07-2019, 06:25 PM
There isn’t really a hard and fast rule. Some guys have more feminine legs than others, or vice versa. But GENERALLY I can tell men’s legs from women’s. The thighs is one of the places women tend to store fat, so they tend to have softer, rounder, less muscle-defined legs.

docrobbysherry
09-07-2019, 06:26 PM
Nicole, u may be correct that legs r the most similar body part.:thumbsup:

But, there's still a tremendous difference in male and female legs! Female legs tend to chubbier. Men's more muscled. Especially the thigh area is different. Even obese male's legs tend to be more muscled and trimmer than women's, in my experience.:daydreaming:

Alice Torn
09-07-2019, 08:17 PM
Shaving, hose and heels can sure make mens legs look passing, but i agree, with micki and doc. The thighs of women store fat more than mens, and they are noticably different. But, hose do help make them similar.

Robertacd
09-07-2019, 08:29 PM
There are differences mainly in the thighs and butt of course, but sexy legs are sexy legs. That being said I have got lots of compliments on my legs both drag or drab.

EDIT: More added

I don't think legs alone are a tell. narrow hips and a flat or dimpled butt with broad shoulders are our main giveaway.

Sometimes Steffi
09-07-2019, 08:42 PM
Think about the old commercial with Joe Namath wearing Hanes pantihose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BCWvH2ISyI

His legs look like any woman's until the camera pans above the waist.

Stephanie47
09-07-2019, 08:52 PM
I'm not so sure about thighs are the easiest appendage to distinguish between men and women. There seems to be the supposition all women have fat to store somewhere. At some point fat thighs and calves are just fat thighs and calves whether a man's or a woman's. Put on the pounds and I think the outcome is the same. When my daughter ran high school track endurance races, she developed muscular legs. A lot more muscular than the ordinary guy legs. When she stopped running, she lost it all. It was muscle and not fat. My wife had beautiful legs among other assets. She has let her weight pile on and her legs, thighs and calves, look terrible. I see the same with guys wearing shorts.

My wife has always said I have great legs. I walk a lot, but, do not do strength exercises to increase muscle mass. I only wear hosiery due to spider veins. Not too long ago I saw a video asking whether the legs were male or female. All legs were wearing hosiery. The legs were very similar. I will concede women tend to carry excess weight at the hips and thighs, but, if viewing just the legs and not the entire body I think you hard pressed to make your case. For argument sake, what about those really skinny men and women who don't have an ounce of mass to spare on their entire leg.

xam
09-07-2019, 08:52 PM
I don't know is this true or not but I think the knee cap is rounder in women and man has a flatter knee cap.

JulesLynne
09-07-2019, 09:11 PM
On average, men have more muscular legs and it’s easier to make out individual strands of muscle in the calf and quads.

On average, women have more subcutaneous fat and larger thighs which tend to soften the underlying muscle.

Do some women have chiseled and muscular legs? You bet! Do some men have more chubby and less defined legs? Absolutely. But on average you can tell the difference.

Sara Jessica
09-07-2019, 09:46 PM
Many men are delusional in that they think their legs look better than a natal female's legs. Yes, there may be better retention of the classic young woman's shape but between leg length, muscle definition and fur (for the non-shavers), the male in the legs betrays many in the long run.

alwayshave
09-07-2019, 10:28 PM
I think mens legs tend to be more muscular and therefore thought to be more defined. But your milage may vary.

SHINY-J
09-07-2019, 11:27 PM
Legs can look amazing on both men and women.. I can typically tell the difference.. I do think men’s legs are typically more defined.. obviously, there are athletic women that have defined legs too..

As far as legs go, the only thing I know for sure is that I know a good pair of gams when I see them! �� and they ALWAYS look better in high heels!❤️

Tracy Irving
09-08-2019, 12:06 AM
Once in a while, on this site, I read about how much the women in our lives love the look of our legs and that they are our best feature. Even I have been told this many times and I do nothing to sculpt them. Legs are easy.

I can't recall ever thinking that a man had great legs but I have thought that way about women's gams often.

Jin Xer
09-08-2019, 12:26 AM
From my observations, even the most muscular cis-gender womens' legs look more feminine to me than any genetic maie's legs. Whether it's physical size or an edgier look to thighs and calves, I've always noticed a difference. Saying that, and at risk of mentioning a 4-letter word, I do think race plays a part. But white euro-males? I think you can spot them a mile away.
Except for mine. They're fem-perfect.:liar: :lol2:

Angela Marie
09-08-2019, 05:49 AM
A lot of women have told me they would die for my legs. I understand there is a difference between male and female legs. I'm 5ft 6 135-140 and have worked out for many years. My legs are not super muscular but well defined. It depends on the genetics and lifestyle of the individual.

dana8656
09-08-2019, 06:02 AM
Don't forget about those calf muscles you get from walking around in high heels all day.

Cheryl T
09-08-2019, 09:04 AM
People are so different I don't think there is a Male and a Female leg shape.
All shapes can be considered sexy by someone and if you have shapely legs, smooth shaven and in hose I'm sure that most people couldn't determine what you are just by your legs.

Pumped
09-08-2019, 10:41 AM
My wife comments on my legs all the time, she wishes they were her's. That said, hers are softer, not much muscle showing, where mine are not overly muscular, but definitely show muscle detail.

We were out shopping one day and a twenty-something year old woman was shopping near us. She was wearing a short summer dress and cork wedges, her legs were over the top, long and while not heavy, very defined and muscular. I remember her calf muscles were almost squarish. She has to exercise all the time. My wife saw her first and pointed her out to me. All I could say was "wow!" My wife told me later that she was almost afraid to point her out to me because she knew I would like the view!

A few years back a few of us were sitting in a bar having a few drinks after work. The bar happened to have a body building contest on the TV. Most people were commenting on how terrible the female competitors looked. A couple of us liked them, a lot! I like a slim, well built women. I know a gal that was a body builder. On the off times she would put an a few pounds and she was stunning, awesome legs, well awesome everything! I didn't care for her in competition weight, too thin, but when she put a few pounds back on and "softened" up, I was speechless, unable to form complete sentences when she was around.

Teresa
09-08-2019, 12:35 PM
Nicole,
It's one thing women do comment on even other women , to have shapely legs is something many women prefer to have . While I agree with others , it is possible to tell male legs by more muscle tone and less fat , women don't appear to worry about that as I've found so many would love to have long toned legs more like men and catwalk models . Like others I've had many compliments about my legs , in stockings and heels some male legs are amazing .

It is often the reason why so many women prefer jeans/leggins and tunic tops , they dislike their legs .

BettyMorgan
09-08-2019, 12:56 PM
Carol Burnett could tell you who has the best legs in her annual leg competition.

First Annual (https://youtu.be/sLjSxUFtgi4)

And if you want a different year, here it is.
Another example (https://youtu.be/xqG7SgDbKUw)

docrobbysherry
09-08-2019, 01:18 PM
Betty, thank u! That is a perfect comparison of male and female legs!:daydreaming:

It was obvious to me which 2 pair were likely male legs! I was sure the first 3 pair COULDN'T be male!:battingeyelashes:

But, as Teresa said, they ALL look sexy in hose and heels! Much the way they all did to me when I watched Rocky Horror for the 1st time. Years before I began dressing! :o

Vicky_Scot
09-08-2019, 01:40 PM
I would say that I have pretty looking legs and they would pass as female. Especially with shaved legs and in tights/stockings. X

Tracii G
09-08-2019, 02:47 PM
I have always had rather thick legs and a slightly plump butt for a guy.
Girlfriends always gave me a hard time over it.
The medications I have been on have caused me to gain a lot of weight and my legs have gotten a lot bigger as well and rub together which is annoying.
At times I retain water which makes my legs look even bigger

Alice Torn
09-08-2019, 03:01 PM
I have huge feet, size 16 womens shoes, another thing which gives me away.

ReineD
09-08-2019, 05:11 PM
Besides foot size, do you think there is a noticeable difference between the shape of a man's leg versus a woman's?

I've taken life drawing classes almost every semester for the last 10 years or so. These classes are 6 hours per week with both male and female nude models. Other than size and leg hair, I see no difference between male and female legs. Of course there are differences between old and young legs (for both male and female), skinny and fat legs (for both male and female), and athletic and non-athletic legs (for both male and female). But if you shave every leg and put everyone of the same height standing up behind a curtain covering the body from mid-thigh, it would be difficult to tell whether the person is male or female, especially if they are all wearing hosiery and heels.

As to feet size, my own are large (women's size 11) with no arch. It runs in my family - the men tend to average between size 13-14 shoes, also with no arch.

Male vs female skeletons (https://www.open.edu/openlearn/ocw/pluginfile.php/130433/mod_oucontent/oucontent/3350/c343b045/9753e29b/s240_bk2_sg_f3_7.eps.jpg)

- - - Updated - - -

Carol Burnett ....

Thanks Betty, point proven!

Maid_Marion
09-08-2019, 05:39 PM
Most of my fat is stored in my thighs. My lower legs are fairly muscular, as are my arms and upper body.

Marion

April Rose
09-08-2019, 09:15 PM
I've taken life drawing classes as well, and I agree with Reine.

Mary Lawrence
09-08-2019, 09:59 PM
The angle at which the femur extends from the pelvis differs, on average, between men and women. There are lots of more subtle differences that a pathologist can identify. On the other hand, variability is so great across both males and females that most 'average' differences are meaningless. FWIW, I once saw an article about a man presenting as a woman during bank robberies. He was identified by the FBI from a photo taken during a robbery as male by the size of his ankles (he wore a skirt and flats) based on the fact that, apparently, most male ankles are larger than the female counterpart.

Teresa
09-09-2019, 06:08 AM
Mary,
I apologise for using this picture again but not all male ankles are bigger , it's something some GGs have commented on.

https://www.crossdressers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=268153&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1477825216

Mary Lawrence
09-09-2019, 10:19 AM
No argument, Theresa. And, your leg plus ankles are great! The FBI was going according to averages, of course, and they (FBI and averages) are fallible. You are the proof in that pudding. I, on the other hand, was once told that I have ankles from hell. Structural defects allow each ankle to tilt inward making them look extra large. Arch supports help a lot both in men's and women's shoes. The rest of my legs, I am pleased to say, look a lot like yours. :)

Dawn P
09-09-2019, 10:54 AM
My best friend,a former MR. Universe said I had athletic nice legs. Don't know if he was complementing me or hitting on me. LOL

TheHiddenMe
09-09-2019, 04:47 PM
I just read an article about a study of 360,000 people that said men tend to accumulate 28% of their fat in their legs/hips/butt and 62% in the chest, versus 40% and 50% for women, respectively.

So mens' legs, on average, would tend to be more muscular.

However, on the scale of things that would tend to "give us away", I suspect legs would be pretty far down the list (assuming shaved legs, of course).

I think as I have lost weight, it seems my legs are thinner. I also note my "love handles" have diminished, although they haven't completely disappeared (and they seem to be stubborn about that).

And I have gotten compliments on my legs from both women and men.

Rhonda Jean
09-09-2019, 05:04 PM
If you wen't looking for some that you could tell, you could probably find them. I doubt that legs are a giveaway for most of us.

I get compliments on my legs, too, but I think it's mostly because I shave and tan (self tanner, these days). That and the fact that even when I get fat elsewhere, my legs stay skinny. It's also possible that these are people searching for something to compliment and they've gone through everything else on the list and found nothing.

Helen_Highwater
09-10-2019, 04:03 AM
I was stopped at a set of lights the other day and a guy in shorts, heavy necked, broad shouldered, muscled arms cross in front of me.

He had thin legs that just didn't match the rest of his body much so I couldnt help but think of this post. Yep you certainly would mistake those legs as belonging to a GG if in heels and viewed sticking out from below a curtain as in a knobbly knees ccompetition.

One other thought, how many here wear standard size, not broad fit, ladies long boots? My legs fit comfortably in them so I look at it that my legs aren't that different to those of many GG's.

mbmeen12
09-10-2019, 04:24 AM
Humans are as different to snow flakes...

Crissy 107
09-10-2019, 04:59 AM
I’ve seen some of our members legs that women would absolutely love to have.
Teresa, Great picture, Yes you are one of the ones I was thinking about.

Teresa
09-10-2019, 06:54 AM
Helen,
All my boots both knee length and ankle are normal fit , in fact I do have a problem at times not having a wider calf .

Crissy,
That's a very kind compliment , I must admit I'd never given the shape of my legs any thought in male mode , in fact as a schoolboy possibly because of my T kicking in earlysome gave me the nickname " carthorse legs" on the rugby field .

The picture of me in the Union Jack dress was snapped by a SA working for M&Co , when I first saw it I couldn't help saying , " That isn't me !" It was the first time I became fully aware of what my legs looked like shaved wearing stockings and heels . In the past I'd been more concerned with my upper body shape and makeup and wig . I guess it shows how important pictures can be even compared to what you see in the mirror . I didn't discover till I met the SA again that she had been using my picture to show others the finer points of Cding .

Devi SM
09-10-2019, 07:49 AM
Of course they are different.
It was mentioned thicker tights. I would add, calves. Normally calves I women are thinner than men and less sharp and pronounced muscles.
Legs on women are the big difference.
First the hips, in the skeletal structure, are wider, that gives es a completely different shape. Tights are normally thicker in all directions that makes the difference with men and I'm not talking on muses but gloat. I see ma andy here that wear hip pads, I do too, but all hip pads lack of a curve that makes de difference, in the front area of the leg. All pads add volume in the side, looking just for the hour glass shape but that's not all needed.
If course you can see women with legs like men and vice versa but generally talking, they are very different but just a careful observer note the differences. We're are just too used to just watch that we don't actually see...just because other elements reinforce the femenine or male aspect.

Robertacd
09-10-2019, 08:35 AM
One other thought, how many here wear standard size, not broad fit, ladies long boots? My legs fit comfortably in them so I look at it that my legs aren't that different to those of many GG's.

A GG that wears a size 13 boot like me, usually has calf's the size of my thighs. (and probably "cankles (https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Cankles)" too)

So woman's boots are always too big in the ankle and calf on me.

jacques
09-10-2019, 12:29 PM
hello Nicole,
perhaps it depends what you use your legs for - lots of cycling or walking up hills will build different muscles!
luv J

Brenn
09-10-2019, 05:09 PM
I remember an article in the early 80s or maybe late 70s when I was young that was highlighting that a large number of the pantyhose models used in the big catalogs (Sears and JCP) were actually men. I only remember because I was wishing I could get that job!

Diane Smith
09-10-2019, 10:16 PM

I buy normal fit but they are almost all still larger than I would like. I've really only had one pair of knee high boots in all my years that were as snug and form fitting around the calf as I would prefer. (And I wore those so often for a few years that they are basically in tatters now!)

I also frequently need to punch an extra hole in shoe straps to fit snugly enough around my skinny ankles. At best, I almost always use the tightest setting or hole. This man's ankles are definitely NOT thicker than the average woman's!

- Diane

Nicole79
09-11-2019, 11:44 AM
I have a very feminine body so there isn`t a huge difference but generally speaking`, I think there`s a big difference.

docrobbysherry
09-11-2019, 12:22 PM
I'm with u, Diane. I nearly always have to punch extra holes in my sandal straps to get then to fit tite enuff!:straightface:

------------------------
Over here they're called "wide calf" boots, Helen. And, these days most women's boots seem to be made that way!:sad:

My legs look like straws sitting in soap cans when I try those one!:doh:

Laura912
09-11-2019, 12:34 PM
After reading all this wisdom, I must point out that my legs are exactly like most women’s legs. They reach the ground.