PDA

View Full Version : Saturday dinner report

Macey
09-15-2019, 05:52 AM
I usually give a sunday dinner report. Sundays are family dinner time. Saturdays are when I like to doll up a bit and have a nice dinner waiting for when herself gets home from work. Time for us both to just be together and unwind from the long week.

Lamb. Herself picked up wine on the way home. She told me how beautiful I look. I told her the same as I do most every day :)

A bit after dinner and unwinding I rose and headed in the direction of the bedroom. The conversation went like this:

Herself: "You going in to de-corset?"
Me: "I'm not wearing a corset."
Herself: "b___h!"
Me: "What???"
Herself: "You look fabulous, I'm jealous!"
Me: "Hun, you're gorgeous every day! Besides, don't be jealous, be pleased! You can come home to a nice 'trophy wife', lol. "
Herself: "Hey! I want to be the 'trophy wife'!"
Me: "Sorry, dear, but you didn't marry well. We both have to work for a living. But we get to be each others' trophy!"

Crissy 107
09-15-2019, 06:00 AM
Macey, You have me smiling with this, it is good to see you enjoying yourself.
What was the wine?

GretchenM
09-15-2019, 06:45 AM
What a wonderful story Macey. And such an amazing wife. Obviously, you treat her as a friend and much more. Not as someone to compete with or as a road block or anything like that. That approach works well, doesn't it?! Of course, she is also a special person who understands and loves you. Talk about jealous; I am. Shouldn't be but I am. Feelings just are.

Macey
09-15-2019, 07:44 AM
Crissy, it's a Malbec from Santa Julia. Fairly .ight for a red wine and went well with a lamb dinner in late summer.

Gretchen, we fell in love with each other as people. As souls. Doesn't mean that we don't fight occasionally, just that we respect each other always. She has 'flaws'. I have 'flaws'. At least that's what other people have told us throughout our lives. But we love each other BECAUSE of these 'flaws' (and everything else). Not 'in spite' of them.

I think a lot of people go forward in their lives with expectations about who a person is and how they should line up with the image in their minds, rather than loving each other enough to help each other grow as who they truly are, or want to be. I think we do this to ourselves equally as much.

JaclynL61
09-15-2019, 07:56 AM
Excellent story Macey. Real life. It takes effort sometimes to make things work. We all have our pros and cons.

BTWimRobin
09-15-2019, 09:50 AM
Hi Macey, I so enjoy reading about your adventures in dining. Your relationship with your wife is priceless. It's wonderful how comfortable both of you are with each other about dressing.

JuliaGirl
09-15-2019, 10:40 AM
Loved that dinner conversation!! Had me giggling for a few minutes. Lovely story.

alwayshave
09-15-2019, 02:09 PM
Macey, Very cute banter.

crystaltvco
09-15-2019, 03:02 PM
Bloody brilliant dinner chat!!

Bobbi46
09-15-2019, 04:54 PM
That's what memories are made of, you should write down these epic happenings to muse about later in life.

Crissy 107
09-15-2019, 08:59 PM
I think a lot of people go forward in their lives with expectations about who a person is and how they should line up with the image in their minds, rather than loving each other enough to help each other grow as who they truly are, or want to be. I think we do this to ourselves equally as much.

Macey, This really says it all, you and herself are very fortunate to have found each other. Lucky you!

Tracii G
09-15-2019, 09:20 PM
Just right for each other and there is nothing wrong with that.
Consider yourself lucky.

Melissa in SE Tn
09-16-2019, 06:48 AM
A story to melt one’s heart.... incredibly lovely!!

Davina2833
09-16-2019, 09:23 AM
Macey,

What a wonderful story, we all here wish for the same. You really got a good one in your life...

Davina

kimdl93
09-16-2019, 01:19 PM
That is so sweet

Maria in heels
09-16-2019, 09:14 PM
Well Macey, you know that i am going to tell you that you owe her an extra special hug each night this week!

Kelly-o
09-16-2019, 09:20 PM
A really sweet and fun conversation