PDA

View Full Version : My new Voice

Michelle Hart
03-26-2006, 03:11 AM
Ladies,

Here are two voice samples I made today. Which one sounds better?

Sample 1 (http://latexblondes.com/voice/26-march-06-F-1.wav)

Sample 2 (http://latexblondes.com/voice/26-march-06-F-2.wav)

Crisack
03-26-2006, 03:27 AM
I like sample 2 sounds to me more natural, kind of excited. Sample one seemed kind of forced.

Michelle Hart
03-26-2006, 03:49 AM
My SO likes the second one the best also. I think if I can pick the low end up just a bit it will be perfect......

Nikki Dee
03-26-2006, 05:15 AM
Yeah...sample 2 is the more natural sounding voice.
Nikki. x

stephanie100
03-26-2006, 06:19 AM
sample 2 It is certainly better
Steph

mskilmer
03-26-2006, 06:58 AM
You know ... it's kinda hard to really get a feel for it without actually seeing the whole package. But in isolation, sample 2 sounds much the better. As others have said, it sounds more natural and relaxed. Sounds great!

renee k
03-26-2006, 08:11 AM
I like sample two as well. I agree with the other posts, it's more natural.

Huggs, Renee

Adrienne Heels
03-26-2006, 08:23 AM
Like the other girls said, sample 2 sounds like you are more comfortable with it. It is the more natural of the two. Good luck, hon !!

Sally24
03-26-2006, 08:28 AM
I'll have to disagree with the other girls, I like the first one. The second one sounds more relaxed but there is just too much voice there. In the first one I think your hitting just about the right spot in your throat and pallet. It also has a much softer feel to each of the words. Men tend to hit the words each individually. You should try to get it all to flow. I'm impressed if you've only been working a week! I've been working off and on for the last 3 months. I sound ok, but occasionally I can hear a word or phrase that is just dead on! It's times like that that give me hope. Have you tried any of the DVD/CD instructions available. I think they help. Also you might try singing to females in the right general pitch. I use Diana Krall, her voice is like honey! Good luck.

Monica55cd
03-26-2006, 10:50 AM
I think the 2nd one sounds more natural.... it could be male or female.. so that that makes it good then? ... the 1st one sounded a little too forced...like a guy trying too hard to sound fem... maybe with more practice the 1st will sound more relaxed? good job...i'm quite envious of you...

Kathryn
03-26-2006, 10:53 AM
Hi. The second sounds real, the first sounds like a guy trying to be sexy.
Kathryn

HaleyPink2000
03-26-2006, 11:59 AM
I’ve been sound engineering for years. I'm not a voice expert. But I tend to listen lotssss. Techyyy you see!

I believe the first one is better.

Your last words on the first one, started to fall apart when you put more air into your voice box. The Second one was a combination of the weeks training, and your real voice. If you are trying to change to a more fem sounding modulation. Then I’d try more along the lines of the first one. You can tell that your words need to be modulated differently in version 2.

I would bet that your real voice, without the high tones is fine. I’d try using your real voice, and just modulate your words as a female might. The way a Man says a word is different, than a Woman would say the same word. Listen to a room of Women talking. Their tones are in the same range as many Men, the big difference is the way they express emotion while talking. Try a sentence like this, “ Oh, Johny fell” ((with an Oh well attitude)). Then the same one, over like a Woman might, “ Ohh,,,Johny fell”? With the Fell higher in tone than the rest. Also making it sound like a question. Most Women seem or tend to talk in questioning sentences. Talk to someone and end each paragraph with a question. Or Maybe a Sentence that could be misconstrued as a question.

Or try this. How are you today. Femme it might be” How are You, today”? With emphasis on the word You. Also the word You would have a shift in tone from low to high. Male mode might be “ How are you. Leaving off the Today in the sentence. Very Mono tone and with absolutely no emotion and no eye contact. Women seem to get eye contact right away. They try to Hold your hand during emotional times and want you to eat something. It’s all about Mothering others I think. LOL:)

You come into my House hold, my wife will ask you can I get you something. A Male would say “ Have a seat”. There are little differences, if we listen we’ll hear them.

It’s strange, how people talk. I, myself use more words than some, while speaking. I tend to sound something between, Male, and female. A Woman’s voice, tends to flow more like a rhythm. It modulates up and down like waves on an ocean. The speed changes and the tones vary more. Where a Man’s voice, is usually less complex in tonal variations, pause, and running through some words not others. I listen lots, and my Wife has a wonderful voice. Beautiful singing voice also.

Try to add tender words to your sentences, and more description to a story. Like talking about Shopping. Men say “I bought a Shirt”. Women have to say “I bought this lovely blouse, and it was on sale for half price. I had to find Just the right color, and and and” Said with lots of gayety in their voice, and hand motion. Moving around, and body language is essential.

I’m still working on my voice, always will be. Since I tend not to dress, all the time. But I’m lucky, my normal Male voice is not far off the track, of being lots femme.

Have fun, that’s what is all about, life. Or it should be!

Kathycd
03-26-2006, 12:40 PM
Hi Michelle:

No expert here but the second one is best. From what I read it is not so much the pitch but how the words are placed together.

Great sound girl!

kathy

Wenda
03-26-2006, 01:49 PM
I would also say the second is closer. The first seems to sound too forced. How did you create that fileƉ

Jacqui
03-26-2006, 02:16 PM
Michelle, there were elements in each sample that sounded very feminine. I think you're on the right track and with more practice you can pull the whole thing together.

HaleyPink gave excellent suggestions...thank you, Haley!

As for hotornot, you are very pretty. However, imho, if your breasts were half the size, I bet your rating would double.

Looking forward to seeing you in video and sound..

Jacqui

Tina Dixon
03-26-2006, 02:20 PM
Number 2 sounds bettter, but it's going to be hard to crossdress our voices.

randi_789
03-26-2006, 03:10 PM
I vote............... number two, no wait, number one, no two, no I think one, is there a third choice? No seriously, number two, or should I vote for one? What is everyone else voting for? Decisions, decisions. Okay two!

Jennaie
03-26-2006, 03:25 PM
OK, sample 2 is better compared to sample one, however, sample one is very close to the correct pitch, I think that if you worked on sample one, raising the pitch just a bit, after a few months of practice keeping the "singing" tone to it, it would be far better than sample one.

It takes time to train your voice. You have to learn how to pronounce words so that they work with the higher pitch voice. It also takes time to "get the airy sound out of the higher pitch voice.

If you practice with sample 1, I feel like you can make it sound better than sample 2 with time and practice.

My 2 cents.

Good work

Jennaie

Michelle Hart
03-26-2006, 07:19 PM
For a comparison here is my "Normal" voice Sample 3 (http://latexblondes.com/voice/26-march-06-M-1.wav)

Right now I'm spending most of my time being able to go "into" the right range which is 175 - 256 hz once I get a consistent tone that does'nt slide around so much I plan on getting my language skills down.

Just for fun here is my goal voice: Monica (http://latexblondes.com/voice/introducingmyself.wav)

lawnmanmo
03-26-2006, 09:01 PM
Ladies,

Here are two voice samples I made today. Which one sounds better?

Sample 1 (http://latexblondes.com/voice/26-march-06-F-1.wav)

Sample 2 (http://latexblondes.com/voice/26-march-06-F-2.wav)
Dear Michelle
I like voice number 1
Jerry

Michelle Hart
03-27-2006, 07:20 PM
Okay ladies,

Since everyone like Sample 2 best I worked on it for about 3 hours today and this is my "final cut"

Sample 2 update (http://latexblondes.com/voice/27-march-06-F-3.wav)

Let me know how this sounds.