PDA

View Full Version : Keeping your hair on!

lynda jane hamilton
03-26-2006, 03:59 AM
Can anybody help?

I have trouble keeping my wig on!

Usually I cover my own hair with a hold up stocking, the lacy type with a broad lacy band. I than do my makeup and put my wig on. Sometimes after a while the stocking begins to ride up under my wig and eventually comes off taking my wig with it. is this a common problem or is there a fool proof way of keeping it all in place other than super glue. Pleeese help!!

Lots of love

Lyndax

Nikki Dee
03-26-2006, 05:20 AM
Hi. Lynda...Have to confess this is not a problem I've ever had...and I wear my wigs straight on to my head...no "cap" of any sort..if the wig is adjusted for fit it shouldn't be too much of a problem..?
Nikki. x

mskilmer
03-26-2006, 07:14 AM
Linda -

I wear my wig directly on my head, too. But my real hair is very short. I was actually wondering about this the other day ... I assume your real hair is a bit longer and needs to be held up? I wondered how those caps might work. I can understand what you mean, and I think I can understand how it happens. Have you tried asking you question to someone who sells wigs? I hope you get it figured out ...

Teresa Amina
03-26-2006, 07:20 AM
Another direct on the head wearer here. But then that hair I do have is thin and relatively short.

Sally24
03-26-2006, 07:50 AM
I wear a stocking cap that came with my wig. It will shift a little but mostly stays in place. I do usually use a few bobby pins around the back and temples to secure it a little better. I do worry that wind will move or remove it but haven't had that problem. I do run into a problem that after a couple of hours it gives me a headache. I have to move the stretch part of the wig around to releive this some. Is it just pulling on all my hairs or is this maybe from the pressure on all of the skin?

DonnaT
03-26-2006, 10:08 AM
There are U-shaped pins made for keeping wigs on. Also there are wig clips.

See:

http://www.mochi-mochi.org/workshop/makeup/wigs/wearing.html

http://store.yahoo.com/wowwigs/hairpin.html

Adele
03-26-2006, 10:29 AM
Another "direct on head" person here but my natural hair resembles velcro!

jo_ann
03-26-2006, 10:39 AM
I do have a problem with mine sliding around, but I also have a really big head and it's hard to get a wig with a large scalp without paying a fortune. I might have to try that wig hairpin.

lynda jane hamilton
03-27-2006, 12:11 AM
Thanks girls for all of the advice. I'll try without the cap tonite (that is the obvious answer). If not I'll invest in some bobby pins.
LOL

Lyn xx