PDA

View Full Version : A short story of a long progression

carhill2mn
09-21-2019, 11:38 AM
For almost 20 years I have been meeting a friend for coffee nearly every week. I met "Jim" as a result of using the Tri-Ess members address book and "snail-mail" (BI time; Before Internet).

When we first started meeting we were both drab (Jim never goes out en femme). We were meeting at a coffee and bagels place. I was quite nervous about people over hearing our conversations when we talked about cross dressing After some months I decided that I wanted to meet while en femme. Gradually I became much more comfortable presenting as a woman.

Later we started meeting at a local mall as we could sit and visit in the atrium for as long as we wanted to and people watch. One day Jim said that his wife ("Jan") wanted to do some shopping at the mall while we visited. She told him she would call him when she was finished shopping. Instead she just came to where we were sitting and joined us. Since then she has often joined us after shopping or having had her nails done. I have also visited them at their home.

For the past 2 or 3 years Jim and I have often met a strip mall where there is a coffee shop that we both like. Last week Jim asked if we could meet at the larger mall as Jan wanted do some shopping with their granddaughter whom I had never met. I asked Jim if Jan would be OK with me meeting their granddaughter. Jim assured me that it would not be a problem as I was often mentioned in their family and they all knew that I would be en femme. This was a surprise to me!

I am happy to say that all went well when I met them at the mall. At no time during our conversations did anyone give any indication of being uncomfortable. I have spent so much time in many public situations presenting as a woman that I am totally comfortable doing so. It was another enjoyable event.

Kelly-o
09-21-2019, 12:04 PM
That is a wonderful story! I am glad everything went well.

missjoann49
09-21-2019, 12:23 PM
Hi Carole, glad you had a great time and all went well

Maria 60
09-21-2019, 03:04 PM
That's great I love reading happy stories and so glad you feel comfortable going out in fem. Thanks for sharing

Sarah Doepner
09-21-2019, 07:40 PM
This is such a good example that we can take our time and not feel pressure to meet anyone's expectations buy our own. And it seems that your comfort level has allowed Jim and Jan to feel comfortable as well. It's a good story Carole, thank you.

BTWimRobin
09-21-2019, 07:52 PM
This is such a wonderful story on so many fronts. Thanks for sharing.

Angie G
09-21-2019, 07:58 PM
That's a great story so glad it works for you Carole. :hugs:
Angie

GeorgeA
09-21-2019, 09:01 PM
Good story, but I am not surprised all. You present yourself so well; always impeccably dressed.

NancyJ
09-22-2019, 10:57 AM
You are an inspiration, Carole! Nancy

Stephanie47
09-22-2019, 01:09 PM
I always find your picture postings very inspiring in the sense everyone should look as womanly as you. You are a lovely mature woman. You dress impeccably. Nice to read about your encounters.

Jean. Ann
09-22-2019, 01:56 PM
Great story , this is the way it should go
For all of us , all the time

JAS

alwayshave
09-22-2019, 07:55 PM
Carole, That is a great story of acceptance on your friend's family and confidence on your part.

Crissy 107
09-22-2019, 08:26 PM
You are such a classy lady it does not surprise me that you have such nice friends.

Victoria_Winters
09-22-2019, 08:33 PM
I?m tots jealous. I think I speak for everyone here... you are a lucky person!

kimdl93
09-22-2019, 08:34 PM
That?s such a nice example of progress, as well as progression:)

Janine cd
09-22-2019, 09:33 PM
I wish that i could meet with someone as open to our crossdressing needs as you have.

docrobbysherry
09-23-2019, 01:25 AM
Sounds more like a story of your evolution of confidence and acceptance of yourself, Carole. Than, that of acceptance by others?:thumbsup:

I have found women, in particular, to be quite accepting and curious about CD's. Until it comes to dating one!:doh:

jennifer0918
09-23-2019, 02:13 AM
Great story very inspirational also.