PDA

View Full Version : Traveling with breast forms - advice

Michelle Vinova
09-21-2019, 06:12 PM
Has anyone traveled with breast forms in your carry on? Did TSA have any issue with them?

Robertacd
09-21-2019, 06:24 PM
I haven't personally traveled with mine but from what I hear either wear them or check them.

Otherwise your bag will probably get extra scrutiny because they will show up as too much liquid for carry on luggage in the scanner.

VS Fan
09-21-2019, 06:48 PM
Take mine in my carry on all the time - 9/10 times they want to look in my bag but once they see what they are they move you right along - never had a negative comment about it. That said if you?re traveling with co-workers and might be in the line with them ... then check it 100% - have done that in the past also with no issues ever. Enjoy!!!

katherin28
09-21-2019, 09:25 PM
I just did this week for the first time. I had them in my carry on and TSA wanted to see what was in the bag. He asked what I had in the bag and I told him they were my prosthetics. He then asked if I want a private screening, I just simply told him to be discrete when he opened things up. He discreetly opened the bag and swiped them with a test strip before closing it back up. This was an average regional airport, Denver didn't bat an eye.

Sometimes Steffi
09-21-2019, 11:11 PM
This was several years ago, but yes and yes.

However, I thoroughly read the TSA rules and was well armed to defend my rights. Remember, breast forms are entirely legal, but they kind of look like C4.

I had my breast forms in my carry-on bag and just let them go through security. After i made it through security, I saw my bag going back and forth through the scanner, and I knew my breast forms had been spotted. The TSA agent called my name, and I quietly told him, "I think I know what you saw in the scanner. I have breast forms in there." The TSA guy said, "I have to hand inspect them anyhow." I knew I had the right to request a private scanning, and that was my intended next step. However, before I even got the words out, the TSA guy asked me if I wanted a private screening. I said I did.

The private screening was unremarkable. We went to a private room, and the TSA guy asked to see the breast forms. About half of my bag was girl stuff, including a lot of jewelry that I didn't want in my checked luggage. But it was not a problem at all. The TSA guy even allowed me a few extra minutes (at my request) to repack my carry on bag so I didn't need to repack it in public.

Just remember, many breast cancer survivors use the same forms as you and I and may be equally squeamish about revealing their secret to everyone in the airport. You are entitled to the same level of privacy as they are.

So read the rules and stand up for your rights. You are allowed to ask for a supervisor the the TSA screener does not respect your rights. Demand it if you need to.

Allow time for the additional screening. I don't know what to do about co-workers, except to say "I need to go to the bathroom NOW. I'll meet you at the gate."

docrobbysherry
09-22-2019, 07:36 AM
If u carry them on? Expect a delay while they examine them and check u out.:thumbsdn:

They don't seem worried if u put them in your checked bag.:thumbsup:

Dannigirl
09-22-2019, 07:45 AM
I had them in my carry on once and it got searched, no issues at all with the search. So now to save time I always check them, my checked bag has never been searched. (I use a colored zip tie to secure the zippers and they have never been cut-off)

Laura28
09-22-2019, 07:54 AM
I only have checked them. On occasion they have searched my check bag. They will leave a not inside the bag saying it was searched.

CarlaWestin
09-22-2019, 08:04 AM
My breast form carry-on story.

The nice lady TSA agent in Las Vegas upon seeing the outline of my boobies and heels, "What show are you in, Hon?"

But, the dumbass rookie at DCA had to make a big effing deal holding one of them up and showing everyone.
And then noisily doing an explosive test on each one as I stood there shaking my head.

Karen Wilder
09-22-2019, 09:06 AM
I had them in my carry on once and it got searched, no issues at all with the search. So now to save time I always check them, my checked bag has never been searched. (I use a colored zip tie to secure the zippers and they have never been cut-off)

I don't want to sound paranoid or to start a conspiracy theory but zip ties are extremely easy to open and retie without cutting them off.

Hugs... Karen

Dawn P
09-22-2019, 09:59 AM
I pack my forms in my checked bag. TSA has opened my bag every time. how I know is they put a slip of paper in the bag saying they have opened your bag for inspection. After the first time I put in a note saying, I hope you enjoyed inspecting my bra, panties nighties, dresses and breast forms.

jennifer0918
09-23-2019, 02:20 AM
Who has flown en femme? I could use the advice

GenevieveF
09-23-2019, 08:08 AM
I travel extensively for work. I always pack them in my checked in suitcase. Never had a problem. I never take them in carry on because I'm a frequent flyer and everyone in security knows me.

Cheryl T
09-23-2019, 11:28 AM
Well, if you read the TSA restrictions and adhere to them then you wouldn't be able to take your forms unless they comply with the regulations for liquids and gels.
In that case they can't be more than 3.4oz...and who wants boobs that small???? LOL

JenniferMBlack
09-23-2019, 02:45 PM
I don't want to sound paranoid or to start a conspiracy theory but zip ties are extremely easy to open and retie without cutting them off.

Hugs... Karen

By law if a checked bag is opened they must leave notice. This is useally left in the bag but have heard of it being attached to the outside.

CynthiaD
09-23-2019, 05:12 PM
I fly out of numerous airports. My bag has only been opened at one of them, a tiny airport near my home town. Even so, it’s no big deal. I’ve never flown completely en femme, but I’ve been patted down wearing a bra a few times. I’ve walked shoeless through the metal detector wearing sheer pantyhose many times. Nobody cares.

JulesLynne
09-23-2019, 05:15 PM
I?ve checked mine twice and had my bag searched twice. No real issues other than them haphazardly repacking my suitcase.

Sometimes Steffi
09-23-2019, 09:46 PM
Well, if you read the TSA restrictions and adhere to them then you wouldn't be able to take your forms unless they comply with the regulations for liquids and gels. In that case they can't be more than 3.4oz...and who wants boobs that small???? LOL

Here are the details from TSA itself:

https://www.tsa.gov/transgender-passengers

StephanieCLT
09-24-2019, 06:45 PM
I have flown with forms in my carry on many times, including tonight. I keep them in a little box, and I always pull that box out of my carry on for screening. It usually gets opened. Sometimes they do the full “swab” rest, and others they will just open the box, have a look, and return it to the conveyer.by pulling the box out, I keep them from going through my whole bag, which is more time consuming and just a pain. Never any issues.

Sometimes Steffi
09-24-2019, 10:48 PM
The box I got with my breast forms is rather large. I pack them in plastic "Tupperware" -like containers. They're actually Rubbermaid that I bought for a few dollars each. I might have even gotten them from the Dollar Store.

Genifer Teal
09-25-2019, 07:06 AM
I was wearing them so, no comments. They did make me walk through the scanner a second time. Lol side note: I did have the holsters adhesive in my carry on. It is legal if right size container even though flammable. Was prepared to defend. No one even noticed or said anything.

StephanieCLT
09-25-2019, 08:55 AM
The box I got with my breast forms is rather large. I pack them in plastic "Tupperware" -like containers. They're actually Rubbermaid that I bought for a few dollars each. I might have even gotten them from the Dollar Store.

Yes! I use a Tupperware-like container for my wig when travelling. I think I used one like it for forms in the past as well, but now I have a cute little "case" that I got at the Container Store that I carry my forms in.

Cheryl T
09-25-2019, 10:14 AM
Sometimes...
I was being cheeky, not serious.
We are about to fly on vacation and have been dealing with all these restrictions so I thought a bit of levity was in order...

Sissy_in_pink
09-26-2019, 05:40 PM
Just wear them with a wire-free bra, that's what I did going to and from China, I was frisked and they felt the bra and tugged on the strap but didn't say a word and just let me go.

Michelle Vinova
09-26-2019, 10:41 PM
Thanks for the advice everyone! I ended up just checking them. TSA left a note that they searched my checked bag on one half of the trip.

My forms are actually a breast plate from BoobsShop, so there’s no way I would’ve gotten through carry on TSA check discretely (without requesting the private screening), but really I was more worried about the minimum “liquid” requirements..and how long TSA would hold me up for the bag search.

Based on others responses it’s good to know (for the future) that at least the liquid allowance for carry on’s doesn’t apply to silicon forms.

As an aside, if you can afford Boobs Shop, they are the best!

alwayshave
09-27-2019, 06:09 AM
Michelle, I'm glad that you were able to fly with no issues. Your picture is gorgeous.

Crissy 107
09-27-2019, 06:46 AM
Michelle, You are absolutely stunning!

TerryWa
09-29-2019, 12:16 PM
Oh my. I'm on a plane right now having gone through TSA and noticing the fuss at JFK that the TSA agents made about fluids.

Sandy Clifton
09-30-2019, 06:53 PM
To chime in with my recent experience: a week ago
I flew pretty from Austin to Chicago while wearing my
silicone forms and hip padding; my "no" response to
"any metal on your person" won me a successful trip
through the metal detector (instead of the scanner
booth, which was having some kind of issue) and I
was through to the concourse lickety-split.

On the way back I flew in boy-mode and checked
the luggage containing my silicone; no problems
to report.

On past trips when I've transported my silicone in
my carry-on I usually have been pulled aside for a
bag check.

countrygirl
10-02-2019, 10:33 AM
Would bird seed breast forms cause any problems?

Eemz
10-02-2019, 10:54 AM
Just to join in: I flew over the weekend wearing forms and the whole kit and caboodle with no problems. I did get some questions because I didn't look like the guy in my passport, but it was fine I basically just said oh yes that's an old photo for sure and made light of it. They looked a bit closer and decided ok that is you, thanks for your time, and off I went.

Seeds: I don't know for domestic flights but for international travel seeds of any kind are usually an issue (agricultural concerns) regardless of where or how you carry them :)

abby054
10-02-2019, 11:10 AM
US Dept of Agriculture laws prohibit importation of raw plant material, such as seeds, leaves, roots, potted plants, etc., without a permit. The reason is to avoid importing dangerous insects and plant diseases that attach their eggs or spores to raw plant material. Birdseed not within a commercially labeled package is one of the prohibited things. I am a gardener who gives much of my produce to the poor. Please help us by following the rules for imports. We risk the daily food for a lot of hungry poor people if we are careless.

Lara A
10-05-2019, 07:47 AM
I always check my feminine stuff when traveling, and don't travel en femme ever, at least not yet. The only time I ever had an 'almost' issue was going into Malaysia earlier this year. My breast forms were in bags inside a pair of sneakers to keep them a little more secure, and the customs agent at the checked bag scanner, a lady dressed in full Hijab, asked me what was inside my shoes. Some colleagues were with me, so I nervously told her they were just forms to keep my shoes in shape! She nodded and let me thru. I have no idea if she knew what they were... I was actually more nervous about my cbd oil that would have been a greater problem if found! I take that for chemo side effects...

Robinsinclair
10-05-2019, 04:43 PM
I just place the forms in a separate bag or tote. Pull the tote out of your carry on and put it on the conveyer all by itself.

That way, if it's an issue TSA doesn't need to "open" or "inspect" your carryon. They might ask "Can we check inside the tote?". You can say "Sure..." and not say anything about what's inside. They'll peek inside, see what's there, know the forms are on the list of acceptable items and simply close the tote/bag without comment.

If the tote bag with the forms is inside something else, TSA will often ask to inspect the entire carry-on. If the tote bag is by itself on the conveyor it sometimes gets checked, but usually without comment.

Wearing forms (in drab) has only caused an issue once. I ended up in the hand inspection line and the poor TSA guy did the normal pat down, felt my bra straps, then my chest area. He sort of paused, turned completely red and sort of stammered, "You're clear". I was worried at the time, but looking back - it was pretty funny.

SometimesJen
10-09-2019, 05:56 AM
I flew over the weekend with fill-its (a 1 cup size enhancer, much smaller than full forms), an underwire bra, boots, and a wig in my carry on. The bag got a little more scrutiny on the bag scanner screen but they didn't ask to open it or ask any questions, coming or going. Whether it's because of the combination, because I was traveling with my lady, because we were flying under her TSA pre-check, or they didn't care, I'll never know but I had no issues or delays from it.

Mary Lawrence
10-10-2019, 09:53 AM
Curious. Do silicone forms being worn show up on a TSA body scan? I sometimes wear an inexpensive pullover soft bra that is extremely comfortable. There is no underwire obviously, nor any metal clasp. I've never had the opportunity (or dared) to fly en femme. I'd consider this bra with forms if I did, however.

Yael L
10-10-2019, 04:26 PM
You are absolutely gorgeous. I would never know you were not a woman.

lingerieLiz
10-10-2019, 05:46 PM
I've done all three ways. I don't usually wear forms. I did get the wand check because of my underwires. Carry on was checked since I had a bra in it. It was below the panties the guy just looked quickly. I put forms in my checked bag. It was searched and who ever checked made sure to put the notice on the forms.

Trione
10-10-2019, 06:29 PM
Flew out of San Diego last year was searched, hands wiped and my perscription meds (3) were checked. Was a real pain. Made comment that I should just show up in flip flop and a speedo with my ID and ticket, lady behind me said she had though of doing that often, also comment that she was a local and this was the worst airport for tsa.

Sometimes Steffi
10-10-2019, 09:23 PM
Curious. Do silicone forms being worn show up on a TSA body scan? I sometimes wear an inexpensive pullover soft bra that is extremely comfortable. There is no underwire obviously, nor any metal clasp. I've never had the opportunity (or dared) to fly en femme. I'd consider this bra with forms if I did, however.

I'm not sure if they show up on a body scan, but I expect they do.

In checked or carry on luggage they kinda look like C4, hence the extra security check. Just remember that some GGs wear forms, say after a mastectomy, and they wouldn't be happy if they were outed by TSA. TSA considers them a permitted medical prosthesis.

I use a CPAP device for sleep apnea. It's actually pretty damn expensive, like $2000+ and I always bring in it my carry on. It is a separate bag with a bunch of accessories. A few times the flight attendants have stopped me for having 3 carry on bags, but it's a permitted medical device and doesn't count as one of my bags. As soon as I say CPAP, I go right through with "3 bags".

abby054
10-13-2019, 08:21 PM
Flew out of San Diego last year was searched, hands wiped and my perscription meds (3) were checked. Was a real pain. Made comment that I should just show up in flip flop and a speedo with my ID and ticket, lady behind me said she had though of doing that often, also comment that she was a local and this was the worst airport for tsa.

Speedo and flip flops? It has already been done. There are photos of guys in Speedos on the Internet, as well as photos of the nice brunette in a bikini going through the scanner in Denver a few years ago.

San Diego is bad, I will agree, having been there twice in the past year. But the prize for worst TSA goes to DCA. They are the pros when it comes to brutal passenger abuse. In my experience, and I do a lot of flying, no one else is even close.