PDA

View Full Version : Lesson learned the other day...

ShelbyDawn
09-22-2019, 11:30 AM
Preface: I wear a bra and panties every day, most days, depending on the shirt I choose, with a subtle pair of breast enhancers. Nobody notices or cares and it is all good.

My ex took me back to court to have my child support adjusted. When I entered the court building there was a security station with a metal detector.
I emptied my pockets and put everything in the little basket to go through the scanner and walked through the detector. As always, it beeped. This is usually due to the metal shanks in the arches of my boots.

In short, the hooks on my bra are what set the alarm. I didn't realize those things were that sensitive.
To his credit, the Deputy was a consummate professional. He asked if I was wearing a brace of some sort. I told him yes and he apologetically said he would have to check, ran his hand across my back, nodded and said I was good to go.

No doubt that he knew exactly what was going on but he never indicated anything out of the ordinary.
Don't know if he told the other deputies or not but there was never a comment or a sideways glance.

So, I guess the takeaways are; sports bras only on court days and, as has been said a thousand times on here, nobody cares.

Mermaiden
09-22-2019, 08:02 PM
Wow, that?s a sensitive metal detector. It must go off lots.

Victoria_Winters
09-22-2019, 08:30 PM
And no underwire ;)

kimdl93
09-22-2019, 08:36 PM
Glad that worked out.

Ozark
09-22-2019, 10:28 PM
big stink in our town where deputy made a lawyer remove her underwire bra because the wire could conceivably be removed and used as a weapon. The lawyer was P.O.!

Allison Chaynes
09-22-2019, 10:36 PM
I was shot in the leg with some snake charmers (shotshells for pistols) years ago, and I set off every airport metal detector I go through. Guess I didn't get them all out of my thigh! So yes they are sensitive!

docrobbysherry
09-23-2019, 01:18 AM
-------------------------------------------
Don't know if he told the other deputies or not but there was never a comment or a sideways glance.

So, I guess the takeaways are; sports bras only on court days and, as has been said a thousand times on here, nobody cares.
As the posts above, underdressers, and I can attest, sometimes people DO care!:doh:

Maybe it's u who doesn't care if you're "caught", Shelby? But, many CD's underdress for good reasons!:brolleyes:

jennifer0918
09-23-2019, 02:17 AM
Close call glad it worked it ..

alwayshave
09-23-2019, 06:25 AM
ShelbyDawn, I'm glad the court officer was a professional.

Teresa
09-23-2019, 08:19 AM
ShelbyDawn,
I can only say the detector was badly calibrated , how many women do you see go through detectors without their bra's setting them off , I've not seen one security staff ask a woman to remove her bra .

Robertacd
09-23-2019, 08:35 AM
Same thing happened to me with TSA. The TSA agent said there was an alarm on my back so they pull me aside for a pat down and proceeded to run his hands across by back. He slides over by bra and says "I can feel something going across your back". I just looked him straight in the eye and said "I am wearing a bra", He then just said "Okay, have a nice day", and that was that.

char GG
09-23-2019, 04:13 PM
by: ShelbyDawn;

In short, the hooks on my bra are what set the alarm.

big stink in our town where deputy made a lawyer remove her underwire bra because the wire could conceivably be removed and used as a weapon. The lawyer was P.O.!

These are both very strange situations. I fly every few months - with an underwire bra. Also, I used to have to go to court for cases for the insurance company that I worked at. I have never set the alarm off at airports or courts. If that is the case, every man with a metal zipper would be setting off the alarms. Something must have definitely been wrong with the calibration or sensitivity.

beau
09-23-2019, 05:51 PM
It is my understanding that a underwire bra has no actual wire it is plastic. And I believe what I set the alarm off is what is out of the ordinary a man with a strap across his back. There is a more dense area TSA or Deputy need to fine out why the oddity. Don?t give them crap most will be cool about it to you then go to the water cooler 😀

kimdl93
09-23-2019, 06:44 PM
Beau, your understanding would be mistaken. Underwire bras may sometimes be made with plastic, but I?ve never owned one that did not have a curved metal band running across the bottom of the cup. A metal band of that size could certainly set off an alarm, and in this person?s case it did.

ShelbyDawn
09-23-2019, 08:51 PM
To clarify, I wear cowboy boots most days. I believe they have a metal arch support that sets off the detectors(happens pretty much every time). It was when the deputy wanded me he detected the clasp on my bra.

Sometimes Steffi
09-23-2019, 09:29 PM
My regular shoes have a metal shank in the sole. At one time, I worked in a building where I had to go through security every day, and more often, if I went out to lunch.

I got to practice my stealth moves every day. I would slide my feet along the floor to avoid the metal detector. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. Some day I would come through clear, some days not. Sometimes it would alarm with keys or change in my pocket, sometimes not.

I never did figure out why.

JenniferR771
09-23-2019, 10:51 PM
Keep in mind, parts of shoes--most tall heels are made from steel--covered with vinyl. The spiky heels need to be strong--of course.
I suspect the agent doing the scanning--sees the underwire--and expects to see it on a woman. Mine is metal. Likewise hooks on the back.

lingerieLiz
09-25-2019, 08:55 PM
I used to travel full time. Often every couple days. Usually under dressed. Most often no one cares. One flight I was helping an older woman put her bag overhead. The flight attendant put her hand on my back, felt my bra band and freaked out. She took off as she apologized. For the whole flight she was shook up.