PDA

View Full Version : anyone had this happen

stephanie100
03-26-2006, 06:44 AM
Out driving around with a friend in the car we stop at my friends work place to pick up something I stay in the car. The next day I get a phone call from my friend. A man at the works wants to know who the georgous girl was in the car and can he have a date. I did not know weather to be flattered or annoyed but secreatly very flattered. No date though
Steph :D

Teresa Amina
03-26-2006, 07:33 AM
Guess this means you "pass"! Or the guy needs glasses;)

stephanie100
03-26-2006, 08:09 AM
My first comment was how short sighted is he

Eric/a
03-26-2006, 08:40 AM
I was going to start a thread with that title, but I think it ties in with this one pretty much. The situation Stephanie brought up is one that we all probably need to think about what we'd do if it were us, especially for those who pass really well! In that instance, the guy didn't actually talk to you directly, so you could get your friend to give him a sort of cover story - you were visiting from out of town, whatever. I don't know what your friend said this time, so I don't know if that idea would work there, but it might be a good one to have for future use. In any case, congratulations on passing so well!

When it's a case of somebody actually talking to us, that's a whole different ballgame! I don't have a really good fem voice yet, for more than a few words with a cashier at a store or something. If I ever got "hit on," I could say something in my normal voice and hope that drives them away. Do any of you have ideas or experience as to what works and what doesn't?

Other times, like if it's a GG who says she really likes your outfit and wants to know where you got it, maybe it's not such a bad thing to go ahead and talk as yourself. I've done that before, and they've usually been very friendly. What they said as soon as I was out of earshot might be another story!

We also might want to have some ideas for what to do if we get "read," which a lot of us probably do when we're starting out. I'm sure I have been many times, in grocery stores, book stores, video stores, convenience stores, post offices, malls, etc. It's not always as obvious, because guys will usually check out a woman anyway, even if they don't wonder if "she's" really a "he," "it," whatever! Of course, when there are kids sitting on a bench and one of them taps his friend on the shoulder, points to you, and they both start laughing, THEN you know for sure! What I usually do is just finish whatever I came there to do and then leave, hopefully without looking too panic-stricken! I don't know if that'll always be a fail-safe plan, but so far so good! Again, if anybody has a tried & true method for a situation like that, you just might be one of the greatest friends in the world to a lot of us!:D

TGMarla
03-26-2006, 11:07 AM
This means that from about 35 feet away, (at night??) through a glass pane and a windshield, you're a hottie!