PDA

View Full Version : Open toed heels

jillinla
03-26-2006, 09:58 AM
A question of style if I may:

Hi ladies,

I love open toed shoes

(Why else get the pedicure?)`

I also try to always wear stocking or hose.

However, I've read that the two together are a fashion no no?

True?

I've seen "toeless" hose advertised, but do I need that?

What do you girls do?

I dress mostly for myself, but I still want to be it in style.

Thanks

TGMarla
03-26-2006, 10:06 AM
Hey, I'm not the fashion maven around here, but I'd say 100% absolutely positively false. Look open-toed shoes have been around for quite a while, a lot longer, in fact, than the current "bare-legged" look that is for some unknown reason so popular today. Why do you think that hosiery companies did away with the reinforced toe on some issues of their product? (Play Jeopardy music....) Correct! So you could see the lady's toes! This one's a no-brainer.

I love open-toed shoes. I wear them nearly all the time. And I never dress up without hosiery. And I haven't been arrested by the fashion police yet.

jillinla
03-26-2006, 10:14 AM
Thanks Marlla

That makes me feel better.
:)

Tina Dixon
03-26-2006, 10:16 AM
Here a picture of my foot hon, open toe and with hoss, I don't any thing wrong here do you?

Jodi
03-26-2006, 10:37 AM
When wearing open toe shoes (which I like to wear), I wear either the bareleg look with pants or the toeless hose with a skirt or dress. I know I will be bashed for being critical, but thick hose with sandals or opentoe will get you read in a minute. As Marla said, they have been around forever. That is correct, but styles change, and the style today is no hose on the toe if open. A hint to Tina. You have been working to progress to going out. Please--if you are going to wear the thicker hose as in your pic, please wear a closed toe. Teenage girls will rip you for that look. If you insist on hose with a sandal, go with Hanes beyond bare in beige or natural. That way the hose will be almost invisable.

I realize that I am almost obsessive on going exactly with style. Maybe this is why I can go to many straight venues with no problems and not be immedialtely read.

I wear the Hanes toeless in beyond bare. It has the look of a bare leg and shows the pedicure. I've enclosed a pic showing the look of toeless hose

cosmolovesph
03-26-2006, 11:16 AM
i don't know that i would completely agree that will get you read right off, there are still (not nearly enough) GG's wearing hosiery, and still (thankfully) some wearing with open toes.

hint from me, sheer toes do look better and a striaght toe seem as well ;)

Me bare-legged? never! ;)

Rebel against any "fashion cop" 0.02

lydia7
03-26-2006, 11:23 AM
:p I have to strongly disagree. Nothing "wrong" with stockings, but with open toes, the ONLY time this is acceptable is in very cold weather (and then the questions is why wear open toe in cold weather?) trust me on this, do not wear both if you are trying to pass or blend in. Women notice shoes during the "down-up" look over, and that is 95% never doen with GGs under 40 yrs old. Of course over 50 and it doesn't have the same tabu. Bare leg is de rigour these days, and stockings are generally for suits, formal events (like funerals, weddings, etc.), and "I want to show my sexy" moments. GGs generally don't oversex themselves in daily attire...so you would tend to "stick out" when you do. No pun intended...

barbie lanai
03-26-2006, 12:10 PM
Sometimes I wonder what the allure is for young CD'ers these days. At least us old girls had lots of things to want to wear in days of yore. Probably some even older CD, saying 'what no hoop skirts and button up shoes!!' What's the allure these days.

Jodi
03-26-2006, 12:12 PM
Cosmo, I have no idea how much you go out or to what venues you go, but any fashion faux pau will bring undue notice from women. Once noticed, they notice other things, and everything comes apart. Tina asked in her post, "Do you see anything wrong with this?". I answered with my opinion--yes I see something wrong with that look. My opinion is that the hose are too thick and too dark for any opentoe shoe, and the toe seam is not lined up properly. It is not a great look for going out. My gg friends tell me that look will shout "TRANNY" when out and about. If when out, you are trying to make a statement as a tranny, then wear anything you want to wear. If you are trying to blend in and be accepted as a woman when out in a straight venue, then one should dress the part as closely to a woman as possible.

HaleyPink2000
03-26-2006, 01:23 PM
Jodi

Beautiful Heels, love em.

FemGayLadyboy
03-26-2006, 03:21 PM
Jodi: I think you're being a bit harsh on Jill and Tina about their OWN style which is to wear open toed heels with nylons. Also a bit naive about clothes being the first and quickest thing that gives you away as a crossdresser.

Adam's apple, square jaw, forehead shape, broad shoulders, lack of hips, length of hands & feet, wigs, etc. Several subtle and not so subtle things can give you away as a crossdresser to worry so much about fashion and specially about pantyhose and sandals.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26684

I guess you didn't bother to read the entire article before saying: "You are much safer in a public venue surrounded by a crowd" while the victim was in a public (straight) venue surrounded by a crowd!

A straight venue like those you like to go to are the most dangerous because it doesn't matter if you have surgeries done, voice training, style and charm like her, ANYONE can find out you're not a girl simply because you're not.

I'm sorry for being so harsh on you but like you I love to go out and about, I love wearing pantyhose and sandals and like you I have never had a problem or a bad time going out dressed as a girl.

"Sheer" luck? Maybe, but let's not forget what we do is not accepted everywhere we go and trust me, for those who REALLY might and want to give us a hard time, wearing pantyhose and sandals won't be as bad as being a man trying to pass for a woman. Think about it.

Lovable Tina... I just love the way your foot looks in that pic. *Kiss*

Jodi... I also love the way your foot looks. *Kiss*

Yours,
Delmi

Julie Avery
03-26-2006, 03:41 PM
I have never been out fully en femme so I'll dodge the controversy about that whole issue for the moment.

For me, nothing brings out the whole CDing pleasure of a pedicure more than wearing "sandalfoot" pantyhose with open-toed 2" heels. I love what nylons do to legs, and to have that effect without in the least concealing the glittering nails....oh, be still my heart! :)

Tina Dixon
03-26-2006, 03:47 PM
I don't mind some one telling there view, so im not hurt by any thing said here, as far as teenage girls go, if they come up to me and say "Hey Mister don't you now your not suppossed to wear hoss with a open toe, DA" well then maybe I'll change my style;)

Deanna2
03-26-2006, 03:59 PM
I am under the the impression that nowadays hosiery of any description is very (repeat very) optional.

However, stick with the open toe sandals/shoes.

Sally24
03-26-2006, 04:06 PM
I have to agree with Jodi, the Hanes Silk Reflections open toed in the beyond bare are the best with open toed shoes. They even out the skin tones to give your legs a no hose look and the feel absolutely fabulous with a silk dress! This is my favorite evening look for dinner and a show in boston.

It's true that no one thing, especially clothing, will automatically get you read. What I try to do is avoid anything that is out of place. It's a domino effect. One item that gets noticed draws attention to you. Then movements, height, shape etc.. can force a reavaluation of your gender. I try to look very polished without going overboard into fussy. If anything I want people to see my look and think "wow, what a nice outfit".

FemGayLadyboy
03-26-2006, 04:40 PM
I would say anything you want to wear is fine as long as you WANT to wear it, not because you HAVE to wear it.

One item that gets noticed draws attention to you. (...) If anything I want people to see my look and think "wow, what a nice outfit".

I agree... anything that gets noticed (including the nice outfit/look you are talking about) draws attention to you.

Don't want to be seen? don't go out!

Yours,
Delmi

GypsyKaren
03-26-2006, 05:49 PM
If I might join in, I go out wearing open toe shoes with sandalfoot pantyhose all the time, and the Fashion Police haven't arrested me yet. As far as it getting you read, that's just plain silly, people don't go around looking at your toes, and if they do happen to notice I really doubt they're going to say "ah ha, a man!". Get real.

Karen

Teresa Amina
03-26-2006, 10:01 PM
Saw a pair of open toed shoes in a catalog and had to have them. Now when I read the stockings or no discussion here it occured to me that it also depends on how nice your feet are. Well, my feet were in workboots for eight hours today and looked awful! When I put stockings on they weren't as bad. The shoes are great either way and since I stay in my cosy closet my feet are happy!:D

Krystenw
03-27-2006, 02:18 PM
When you get to be my age, it seems you need to cover things up a bit more. Even after shaving my complexion is terrible. Because of the weather where I live I actually wear more then one pair of pantyhose at a time. I would think that about the only way someone would say anything would be if there was a lot of hair showing through.
Krysten

Penny
03-27-2006, 05:57 PM
Open toes and hose?:thumbsup:

cosmolovesph
03-27-2006, 07:07 PM
Open toes and hose?:thumbsup:

Amen sista! :cool:

VeronicaMoonlit
03-27-2006, 07:55 PM
la la la....holding my tongue......la la la.....wanting to comment.......la la la.....search my posting history..... :-) Oh....what the hell.

If you're under 40, no pantyhose with sandals or open toe shoes...no exceptions. If you're over than 40, well it used to be acceptable fashion wise and now it isn't. Sorry. If you're one of those who are very into the sexy sexyness of sexy hose and want everyone to wear them...(this means you cosmo) .well sorry you're out of luck Hose are very optional as an earlier poster said.

If you need two pair to cover your leg hair, perhaps it's time to shave the legs. If you think you have too many blemishes or whatnot, there's the spray on "leg makeup" things available these days, like the ones from Sally Hansen.

Please, I'm beggin here, don't do it. It's one of the biggest fashion faux pas nowadays. Google group alt.fashion if you don't believe me. Someone mentioned the "down-up" way of getting "checked out" and that's a good thing to remember.

If you don't believe me, believe Jodi

Veronica

HaleyPink2000
03-27-2006, 08:38 PM
Talking to my wife about this issue She broke into the thing about How I broke the marriage Contract when I started cross dressing. Gawd, then of to other things about how She would not believe anyone the comes to a CD site as to fasion etc. Wowowow, OK! I got Her slowed down enough to finally say to Her, " Hey I just wanted to talk about Hose! Not about things to argue over"! Then I smiled and She did stop rambling about How the TriEss contract for CD's and their SO's was stupid.

Finally I got out of Her that the Hospital where She works does not allow open towed Shoes without Nylons right now. That the way Women wear their Stockings is mostly a case of How their Toes and feet look. If a Woman with ugly feet wears open toed Shoes, She'd better wear close toed Nylons or not wear open toed shoes. My wife thought that your argument about the nylons was nonsence. Sorry, But that is right from My Wife, after I got Her settled down enough to talk to me. I did learn not to ask Her opinion on things you all talk of from now on.

Never again will I tell Her it was off here I did hear this or that. LOLOL:)
Wow was I in hot water! Just over you all, and this thred. Wow should I be thankfull She did stop waving Her hands and talking at the top of Her lungs.
It was not intended to cause that reaction in Her. Was just asking Her opinion
on wearing open toed shoes and nylons. " Like Forgive me for breathing"!
Good thing I'm in a good mood tonight, LOLOL! Also that She did leave to take the Nephew to His Boy Scout meeting.

I really wanted to know what my Wife thought on this, as I thought it was a cool thred on this forum.

Jodi
03-27-2006, 08:56 PM
Haley, Health care regulations require footcover. That is why the hosery is required. When I worked for the Limited, their dresscode specifically stated that "if open toed shoes or sandals were worn, there must be no hose".

Jodi

Leigh Davis
03-27-2006, 09:09 PM
Do the rules change if they are black or textured/patterned hose?

Now can we talk about Open Heeled Toes?

:cheeky:

GypsyKaren
03-27-2006, 09:12 PM
In an era where teen-age girls walk around in short-shorts cut up to their necks, and boys in jeans with crotches hanging down to their knees, who the hell bloody cares whether you're wearing hose with sandals?

Karen

cosmolovesph
03-27-2006, 09:19 PM
In an era where teen-age girls walk around in short-shorts cut up to their necks, and boys in jeans with crotches hanging down to their knees, who the hell bloody cares whether you're wearing hose with sandals?

Karen

And those aweful flip-flops :thumbsdn:

Sorry to have drawn this off course, the lynching line starts over there ==> :kickbutt:

Francine
03-27-2006, 11:18 PM
how 'bout if open toed heels are worn with knee highs and jeans?

Jayne
03-28-2006, 05:34 AM
I don't fully dress as I don't feel the need to, but I do love undies and shoes.
I have bought a fair amount of sandles (strappy type) and always paint my nails and wear either stockings or tights as my legs are hairy and I can not shave them.
Today while I am on holiday and the wife is out, I drove across the city to a shoe shop where I am not known and tried on a few pairs of shoes. I walked away with a loverly pair of open toed court shoes in brown. I am presently wearing them.

sweeting
03-28-2006, 07:44 AM
i like my heels and love my nylons so i wear both laurie

Bridget
03-28-2006, 05:40 PM
I'd personally only wear nylons with a dress and closed toe shoes. Anything else, no nylons period. But i like wearing jeans and pants anyways on a regular basis.

And those aweful flip-flops :thumbsdn:

i hate the name, but not the item. They're zoris people. The Japanese invented them a loooong time ago.

LaredoCD
03-28-2006, 08:46 PM
I see nothin wrong with this. Here where I live I see gg's do it all the time. It looks great. I also came across a website where a thread had been started about open toed shoes and pantyhose, 50% were for them going together the rest against. By the way my girlfriend wears pantyhose and open-toed shoes all the time, and she looks great!!!

Sarah Stockings
03-28-2006, 10:18 PM
Here a picture of my foot hon, open toe and with hoss, I don't any thing wrong here do you?

NOT AT ALL TINA - VERY NICE! xx:thumbsup:

lynda jane hamilton
03-29-2006, 12:12 AM
Open toed courts are my favourite at all times!

In UK most GG's go bare legged. My SO has only one pair of stockings. If you wear open toe shoes though it is best to wear aa nude shade and always sandal toe. Tuck the toe seam just behind the toes paint your toe nails and voila. For the best effect expensive fully fashioned tights or stockings are a must. proper sandals though require a bare legged look.

LOL

Lynda

Mandy Salamander
03-29-2006, 03:56 AM
'nother endorsement for open-toed hosiery here!!!,,,, tho' 's really not such an issue w' mee,,,,, no fashionista myself, but i mostly never wear open-toed shoes with short skirts/dresses, usually only with long skirts/dresses or pants,, 'n i doo wear jeans lots,('n with sandals' too!), thus avoiding th' issue pretty much, tho' doo notice that th' GG's at work often wear open toed shoes with hose,,,,,,,, 'n zoris' are cooool!!!

allisonrn06
03-29-2006, 02:25 PM
I have had some open toed shoes that I thought didn't look right with hose,and of the ones that did I think they look best with a natural skin colored hose,although I do have a pair of black open toed shoes that look good with black hose.Still I think of the shoes don't go with hose I'd rather not wear them.

lela
03-30-2006, 01:27 PM
I love and wear open toed shoes with or without hose, and pretty polished toenails complete the look. I think wearing hose gives the feet a more softer feminine look.

Candy Heels
03-31-2006, 02:57 PM
I have some open toe slingbacks - I think of them as evening shoes and often wear them to restaurants and to clubs. Hope you like:) I am actually wearing them in my profile photo.

cosmolovesph
04-01-2006, 09:31 AM
Very nice Candy!

Keely
04-01-2006, 12:53 PM
Ok, I'll join the discussion by posting 2 pictures one with hose and one without.

With feels better.
But without looks better ? ... don't know

LaredoCD
04-01-2006, 08:01 PM
Your feet look beter with hose, nice feet. By the way me and my girlfriend hate flip-flops. She wears heels most of the time and tennis shoes ocassionally, never flip flops even to relax she juist wears slippers. Another great thing about my girlfriend is that she loves pantyhose and stockings as much as I do and the same color of them 2(black). My girlfriend wears pantyhose and open toed shoes and she looks awesome, she loves the way they look and feel, just as i do. I see nothing wrong with wearing both together, as a matter of i fact i came across a site, i dont quite remember the site though, but anyway it had a thread that talked about pantyhose and open toed hoes, 50% were for them together and obviously the other 50% said they were no match. Guys were the ones who siad they looked nice together while girls said they didnt, a few girls did like both together though.

FemGayLadyboy
04-02-2006, 05:06 PM
Ok, I'll join the discussion by posting 2 pictures one with hose and one without.

With feels better.
But without looks better ? ... don't know

Dear Keely

I would first have to say that your feet are lovely any way. You already think "with" feels better... now, from my point of view, it also looks better.

Yours,
Delmi

ashlee chiffon
04-02-2006, 05:13 PM
WHEWWWW!!! HaleyPink!!!

You've got Quite the issues going on with your SO..

Good luck Luv!
*needing a nap, after that!*

Monica55cd
04-02-2006, 05:36 PM
I'm partial to seeing the nice shine of nail polish..... so I guess that means either go with out them or wear toeless stockings if the shoe has a band accross it wide enough to hide the edge of the toeless stockings... if the shoe is a open strapy design i think you just need to have enough natural color to your legs and show it bare....they have these airbrush tan hoseless products...not sure how good they work tho have never tryed them...

Tina P Hose
04-02-2006, 10:03 PM
I love open toed shoes with pantyhose, but that is just me.

kwebb
04-02-2006, 10:15 PM
Seems like back in the 70s it was more acceptable ,then the fashion police said it to be a no-no. I have always liked the way it looked since I was a boy.

I have seen a few women lately wearing hose with open toed shoes in a sandalfoot style.