PDA

View Full Version : CDing mistakes...

heathr1
03-26-2006, 02:50 PM
What are yours?

One time, as a teenager, I helped myself to mother's Woolworth's Evette (not made anymore) lipstick which was pink.

Being a very cheap lipstick it made my lips itch, tasted horrid and after lots of wiping, still stained my lips.:eek:

You'd have thought that would have taught me not to mess with her things.

Anyone else remember Evette products?

Tina Dixon
03-26-2006, 02:54 PM
My wife has some foundation from avon, got some chemicals in it, thought I'll give it a try, OW!!! The stuff felt like it was burning my skin, washed it off fast, left a crust like burn on my face, good thing I never used much of it.

sherri
03-26-2006, 02:56 PM
I don't if you're limiting mistakes to makeup? Regarding CDing in general, I've screwed up just about every way possible.

Oh well, we learn by doing.

Jennaie
03-26-2006, 03:09 PM
Ahhh, many indeed. My bigest mistake in crossdressing was trying to become the woman of my dreams. It did not take long for me to realize that dressing that way was a huge mistake. Now I dress to emulate the other women I see out there shopping. I have made some good progress by doing this. Other mistakes include buying cheap stuff to try and solve big problems. I learned that in most cases, you get what you pay for.

Julie Avery
03-26-2006, 03:25 PM
Eating too much :)

christine55
03-26-2006, 03:30 PM
Ouch. Was very red faced for a few days.
Hugs, Christine

Ms. Donna
03-26-2006, 03:34 PM
The summer of my junior year in High School, I decided to go out biking in a leotard. I put on my terra cotta colored leotard (with a pair of jeans) and a tee shirt to cover it up and off I went. Once I was far enough away from home, I took off the shirt and biked around for a couple of hours. It was a wonderful feeling.

Put my shirt back on and headed back home. When I got home, as I was changing, looked in the mirror and saw a noticeable tank style tan line on my shoulders and back. :eek: My reaction: WTF do I do now? You can't untan yourself.

My solution was to go out biking again the next day - no shirt, lots of sun = bad sunburn. It hurt like hell, but it covered up the other 'damage'.

Last time I made that mistake! :o

Love & Stuff,
Donna

Jill
03-26-2006, 05:36 PM
I would argue that crossdressing IS a mistake, but I would be arguing that to that wrong crowd. I mean, I feel like I made a CDing mistake when I had the house to myself and decided to try on my sisters clothes. From that day on, I was doomed to be a crossdresser. Just my opinion...

Maureen Henley
03-26-2006, 09:33 PM
My biggest mistake was in not telling my wife until 14 years after we married. Of course, I was in a purge for 10 of those years. Still... She was most angry about the stress I caused myself by keeping it secret. Other than that, all my other mistakes are minor.

jo_ann
03-26-2006, 09:46 PM
put on makeup, had to get it off.. so i used lava soap, left really bright red marks on my face, big mistake. lucky it faded enough before I had to go back to work.

Maria2004
03-26-2006, 10:07 PM
...thinking I "had to pass". Once I got over it, I was free to be the "prettiest man" I could be, wear what I wanted, I didn't have to try and lie to people and convince them I'm a GG when I'm not, and they seem to appreciate it (I don't like being BSed, do you?) since I have not had any problems going out in public now, and have actually made some new friends.

AmandaCD
03-26-2006, 10:53 PM
My first attemt at make-up was planned in advance!
Or so I hoped...

I got removers for all the make-up I bought at the same time for a photo shoot I had planned.
After cakeing on a couple pounds of goop, I looked like a clown but went on anyway!
Afterwards, I was successful in getting 99.9 % off my face.. which was good. A hot shower got rid of the rest.
But...
The nail polish remover wasn't getting it done all the way :eek:
I had that sponge in a can bullsh.t that you stick your finger in and twist it.
But my cuticles were still stained flamin' pink no matter what I did!!

The next morning I awoke to my alarm, ready to go to work.
I turned on my bathroom light and inspected my hands.. :eek:
Neon pink cuticles still (the horror)!
I kept my hands in my pockets as I checked in for work, then I discretely found a patch of dirt, and ran my hands around in it like a dog dragging it's butt on the carpet!

No one saw a thing (as far as I know) -WHEW!!

MarinaTwelve200
03-26-2006, 10:55 PM
It wasnt me, but a friend of mine who lived next door. It was the early 1960's We were in our early teens. "Paul" and another neighborhood friend of mine, "Charles" dressed like gitls for Halloween===I wouldn't do it, as it was "too close to home" for me, so i went as a hooded Skeleton (Death)

We has lots of fun trick or treating, but didnt see eitheir one of my friends afterwards for a couple of days. Halloween was Saturday nite.

A couple days later I saw Charles, who related what happened in Church sunday morning. As He and Paul were Catholic they HAD to go to church on sunday, To Charles's surpprize, Paul was still wearing his dark red lipstick from the previous nite. People were looking and chuckling at him. Paul was very embarassed.

Paul explained, and later told me that he accedently used the "wrong" kind of lipstick--a 24 hour type, and couldnt get it off , no matter how hard he tried. His parents made him go to church anyway. Paul told me that that was the LAST time he was ever gonna dress like a girl, and was as good as his word.

Well, I'm glad it happened to Paul and not ME, but I was careful myself after that, being sure to test any new lipstick of my mother's before using it myself.

Its odd today how they advertize a 12 hour lipstick as being a big deal---Some brands back then were 24 to 36 hour rated and they had to WEAR off. A scarry proposition for a young closer CDer back then if a mistake was made.

uknowhoo
03-26-2006, 10:57 PM
I discretely found a patch of dirt, and ran my hands around in it like a dog dragging it's butt on the carpet!

Cute story, love the imagery :D

Tammi

Lauren Mitchell
03-26-2006, 11:26 PM
My biggest mistake was trusting someone, a makeover business with no legal credentials who later outted me to my wife.:sad:

DawnRodgers
03-27-2006, 01:49 AM
Two things - one very early in cross dressing, the other much later.
The first was to try to shave as smoothly as possible - after all who wants beard stubble on a girls face - and my beard comes back in fairly quickly after shaving. Anyway I fugured I could try some Nair on my face to get it smooth. Well, if you haven't done that - don't. Face was smooth but also red and sore and I broke out in little sores all over. Didn't just put on the Nair but wasn't happy with how it was working so I shaved too. Bad mistake. Looked red an raw for easily a week. Worst part was some of the guys asked what did I do - use Nair or something.
The second was when I used a home made set of breast forems. They came out good. Used a foam outer shell and some beans as a filler. Looked quite good. Unfortunately I used first aid tape to hold them on and kept them on all night. Slept in them. When I tried to remove them the tape also remoived a nice layer of skin immediately under my breasts. That was over 30 years ago and I still have the scars.
Dawn Rodgers.

ReginaK
03-27-2006, 03:46 AM
Eating too much :)

Same here. :o

GypsyKaren
03-27-2006, 05:34 AM
...thinking I "had to pass". Once I got over it, I was free to be the "prettiest man" I could be, wear what I wanted, I didn't have to try and lie to people and convince them I'm a GG when I'm not, and they seem to appreciate it (I don't like being BSed, do you?) since I have not had any problems going out in public now, and have actually made some new friends.

Same here for me. Once I got over that, my whole life opened up to a whole new world before my eyes, and life has been good.

Karen

EricaCD
03-27-2006, 08:56 AM
On the profound side, not telling my s.o. for so long.

On the banal side, for years I wore WAY too much blush. It looked fine under makeup lighting, but when I started photographing myself I looked positively horrifying!

Fixed that - I don't wear blush anymore. Now I just need similar discipline about eyeliner, eyeshadow, foundation, lipstick...well, you get the idea :)