PDA

View Full Version : maybe people dont give a dam about you

Paulie Birmingham
10-16-2019, 09:59 AM
I was reading an article from one of my favorite writers Walter e William's where he recounts a story about a conversation with his professor. He tells his professor he assumes everyone is his enemy unless they prove otherwise. His wife assumes everyone is her friend unless they prove otherwise.

His professor asks if he has every considered a third possibility that people dont give a damn about you one way or another.

Profound thought. If I see someone of a different race, ethnicity, class, education sexual orientation, (or the same) I dont go out of my to pat them on the back or curse them. I just dont care.

For all those afraid to dress up and go out, most people don't care.

Interesting thought on how that would apply to race relations too.

sometimes_miss
10-16-2019, 10:21 AM
For all those afraid to dress up and go out, most people don't care.
It only takes that one person, however, that thinks you're an abomination, and so wants you dead. And in our current social climate, since being racist, misogynist, and a bigot have been somehow declared acceptable, we've seen that there are a lot more intolerant people out there than we previously had thought. Be careful out there; maintain situational awareness.

Jean 103
10-16-2019, 10:25 AM
It's both some don't care, others do.

I have had a number of complete strangers come of to me and tell me to that they support me. They say different things, like they know someone who is part of the lbgt... Community, or they are part of it. Like how brave I am to be out. My friends have witnessed this, my BFF is like ya Jean is great.

There are some who don't like me, that's their problem.

Most people are more interested in their own world, unless our two worlds intersect they don't care.

sara66
10-16-2019, 10:32 AM
99.9% of people really don't care and are not willing to waste time in giving you a second thought.
Remember we are still men who can defend ourselves. Even if we have to run in heels.:2c:
Sara

Robertacd
10-16-2019, 10:39 AM
Most people are too wrapped up in their own life's drama to care about you.

But there's always that small minority that is looking for a fight.

docrobbysherry
10-16-2019, 12:32 PM
The operative word is "most".:straightface:

If u run into that 1% that DOES care and must let u know they disapprove it could ruin your outing!:doh:

Tracii G
10-16-2019, 12:40 PM
Never assume anything and when you think you know the answer more than likely you are wrong.

Sometimes Steffi
10-16-2019, 01:30 PM
It only takes that one person, however, that thinks you're an abomination, and so wants you dead. And in our current social climate, since being racist, misogynist, and a bigot have been somehow declared acceptable, we've seen that there are a lot more intolerant people out there than we previously had thought. Be careful out there; maintain situational awareness.

I think that the number of intolerant people hasn't changed, just the percent of intolerant people who now believe that they can get verbal or physical about it.

Teresa
10-16-2019, 01:52 PM
Paulie,
I feel it's more of a case of people being in neutral mode , if you interact with them most appear to be very happy to respond .

I find it very sad sometimes that a group of people in a waiting area for example will sit in silence and yet if you strike up a conversation people will sometimes open their heart to you . I know this may relate to my photography , I needed to get people to respond in a positve way , so I don't hold back from breaking the ice .

Going out dressed full time and people caring , they do actually care but may not repond not unless you have upset them in some way . I agree you can't go patting everyone on the back but I don't ignore them either because I do care .

Tracii,
Well said , never assume !!

JenniferMBlack
10-16-2019, 02:53 PM
I for one dont really care who or what you are. As long as your not harming or trying to harm someone, what difference dose it make? I wish more poeple could be like that and many might be.

Micki_Finn
10-16-2019, 03:20 PM
You’re spot on when it comes to dressing and many of us have been saying that for a while. I wouldn’t extrapolate that to race though. That’s a whole other quagmire.