PDA

View Full Version : You don?t have to be rich to be a girl

fiona de wilde
10-16-2019, 01:16 PM
I really love Prince, he and David Bowie changed my way of looking at music and looking at myself. The song ?Kiss? has the line ?you don?t have to be rich to be my girl?. When I first heard it, years ago, I was under the impression that he sang ?you don?t have to be rich to be a girl? and that the song was about crossdressing. Obviously it isn?t, but for me Kiss will always stay some kind of transgender-song, that?s why I recorded a rockversion for my collection of classic rock songs.
The question is if you have to be rich to be a (T-)girl? If I look at myself I?ve spent more money on dresses than on anything else in the last few years?
Click here under to see the video, hope you like it, I am all the ?girls? in this video (greenscreentechnology)
PS Do you like my cleavage?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IccO2CNbmU

Jane G
10-16-2019, 05:52 PM
Some seriously good rock chick guitar going on there. :thumbsup:

docrobbysherry
10-16-2019, 07:15 PM
If I paid retail for all the crap I've bought 2nd hand? I'd either not be rich or not have nearly as much fem nonsense as I have now!:eek:

Hmmm. The latter of the two sounds awfully good at times!:heehee:

abby054
10-17-2019, 03:48 AM
My father often told me that it is no disgrace to be poor, but it can be inconvenient.

A number of people have been quoted as saying, ?I?ve tried rich and I?ve tried poor. Believe me, rich is better!? The great comedienne, Mae West, appears to be the earliest to be so quoted.

Here is an anecdote about rich and poor pertaining to life as a female. Last week, I was riding a streetcar through a mostly black neighborhood of Baltimore. I am sixtysomething, ancestors all from Bavaria. The car was quite full of people. The mix of people in the car reflected accurately the mix of people in the neighborhood. Two twentysomething black women were in the seats immediately behind me, chatting loudly. They would have made good standup comics because some of the stuff they were saying, it was hard to keep a straight face. In the middle of their conversation, one of them says loudly, ?I?m tired of working. I need a Sugar Daddy. A rich old white man!? At that, I turned around slowly and looked her in the eye for a few seconds but I said nothing. The entire car full of people busted out laughing.

Tracii G
10-17-2019, 06:16 AM
Prince was a real talented guy and a killer guitar player.

Teresa
10-17-2019, 08:38 AM
Fiona,
It's not what you wear but how you wear it , sometime ago I promised my wife it wouldn't cost a fortune . I felt it was unfair when on occasions she chose to go without . I admit I've bought many items from charity shops and still do . I look at it like this , how many times will you wear that item despite what you paid for it . Everyday wear is everyday wear , I pick and choose among the reasonably priced shops and usually come up with acceptable outfits . The dress in my avatar was in the sale rack for ?11.00 , one of my favourite shops is a Retro charity one if you pick the right time of the year they have a rack full of a leather items , I bought two lovely skirts at a bargain price .

There are some songs that can have double meanings , I have to careful which ones I choose as some really show your age !

fiona de wilde
10-17-2019, 02:51 PM
Fiona,
It's not what you wear but how you wear it , sometime ago I promised my wife it wouldn't cost a fortune . I felt it was unfair when on occasions she chose to go without . I admit I've bought many items from charity shops and still do . I look at it like this , how many times will you wear that item despite what you paid for it . Everyday wear is everyday wear , I pick and choose among the reasonably priced shops and usually come up with acceptable outfits . The dress in my avatar was in the sale rack for ?11.00 , one of my favourite shops is a Retro charity one if you pick the right time of the year they have a rack full of a leather items , I bought two lovely skirts at a bargain price .

There are some songs that can have double meanings , I have to careful which ones I choose as some really show your age !

Hi Teresa, it is indeed how you wear it. When I put on my rockchick-outfits I feel twenty years younger! Fiona

- - - Updated - - -

Some seriously good rock chick guitar going on there. :thumbsup:

Thank you, (sweet?) Jane

Tracii G
10-17-2019, 04:47 PM
Kim when a person that has genuine talent like Prince did it crossed skin color lines and music genre lines.
True artists share their talent and don't have huge egos.
I like lots of various styles of music but there are very few "artists" (and I use that term lightly) these days that have raw talent and charisma.
Sure some have ability to play their instrument reasonably well but few actually bond with it and express their emotions with fluidity.