PDA

View Full Version : Shopping as a Miad

kimberly c
10-26-2019, 12:13 PM
Went to Dress Barn this morning as a miad. Cute top with bra and forms, skirt panties and pantyhose and pumps. People don't care how you are dressed, not one strange look from numerous women not even from the women in the dressing room. One even said the dress I picked out was pretty. Love the S/A's there. I'm really going to miss the store when it closes for good. Bonus dress was 80 dollars marked down to 15 dollars. Huggs Kimberly

CayleeMarie
10-26-2019, 01:38 PM
Hey Kimberly,

I am glad to hear that your outing went so well. I'm still planning on a similar excursion... haven't been out dressed yet. For me, it's now more about the opportunity than the courage. I was planning on going to my favorite Soma shop as MIAD. The ladies there know me and know that I shop for myself most of the time, so it would be nice to show off some of the dresses that they helped me select. With facial hair that I am "not allowed" to remove, the best that I can do is neck down dressed. Quite frankly I don't really care what others think... this is something that I really want for me. Since my wife isn't on board with me leaving the house dressed or any one knowing except our closest couple... and the ladies at Soma, the opportunity to do that is still somewhat elusive. One day I'll get my chance and I know it will be all butterflies and euphoria!

docrobbysherry
10-26-2019, 01:59 PM
Correction, Kim. MOST people don't care.:straightface:

It's only those few that DO, that bother me!:doh:

Micki_Finn
10-26-2019, 03:37 PM
I’ll take Doc a step further. MOST people are too polite to say anything, and wether they care or not is entirely speculation.

kimberly c
10-26-2019, 04:23 PM
Micki, you always take a negative approach with all your posts. How about just being happy that I had a nice morning shopping.

NancyJ
10-26-2019, 04:56 PM
Kimberly, I agree about Dress Barn ? has been a great place for us and shame that it is closing. I bought my first dress there, tried on several in the dressing room. As far as people caring....It is the radically transphobic that are scary, the rest are just inconvenient. Nancy

Taylor186
10-26-2019, 07:29 PM
MOST people are too polite to say anything, and whether they care or not is entirely speculation.

I agree 100%.

You have no idea what people are thinking just because they don't say anything directly to you. I wear leggings to the healthclub for my three times a week cardio workout. No one in three years has said anything to me about wearing leggings and I could easily surmise "no one cares," but two people who worked where I worked (I'm retired) saw me at the healthclub did say something to someone else about my wearing leggings and that person was kind enough to tell me. As I said I'm retired, so I don't really care what those two women think, but it is a mistake to think that someone doesn't have an opinion (positive or negative) and won't spread it far and wide, just because they don't say anything to you.

Crissy 107
10-26-2019, 08:46 PM
Kimberly, I can say that I think you had a very enjoyable experience and that just says it all. Good for you! Wish I was there with you!

AndreaCalifCD
10-26-2019, 08:53 PM
How about just being happy that I had a nice morning shopping.

Glad you had a great morning shopping! I LOVE shopping at Dressbarn, and I'm really going to miss them when they close :-(

HelpMe,Rhonda
10-27-2019, 04:00 AM
Micki's right, and if no one showed if they cared to you while shopping the end result is the same.

alwayshave
10-27-2019, 06:30 AM
I agree that most people are to polite to say anything.