PDA

View Full Version : What kind of makeup remover do you use.

Krystenw
03-26-2006, 11:17 PM
As you can see by my attachment I use a LOT of makeup. I have very light skin and a very dark beard. I have been asked several times about what I use to take it off with.
I use the baby shampoo that doest't make you cry.
It is gental on the skin and doesn't burn your eyes quite as much as other stuff I have tried and it isn't as expensive.
Krysten

connie rotten
03-26-2006, 11:20 PM
Only baby oil. I then wash with a moistuerizing soap in warm water.

Robyn2006
03-26-2006, 11:30 PM
I too wear a lot of makeup and use Noxema Deep Cleansing Cream. Gets everything off and love how it leaves my skin tingling fresh.

Robyn

Ronnigirl
03-27-2006, 12:03 AM
Hi,
A friend turned me on to baby wipes for makeup removal, there inexspensive and work great.
Happy dressing,
Ronnigirl:doll:

Jennaie
03-27-2006, 12:52 AM
Ponds cleansing cream and makeup remover.

Hey, it's what my mother used, OK?:)

trannie T
03-27-2006, 01:59 AM
Soap, water and sandpaper.

_Janelle_
03-27-2006, 02:04 AM
I think it can depend on what type of makeup you are wearing. I use Dermablend, and the gal at the counter said I can remove it with olive oil! I did that once and only once. At someones suggestion I switched to baby oil - much better. But I mustn't be very good at removal since my wife can always tell when I have had makeup on - grrrr.

Janelle

Seven
03-27-2006, 06:54 AM
Soap, water and sandpaper.

Have you tryed the new Black & Decker power sander 603 with turbo speed 16 V ,GTI, over head cam.
just having fun :GD: :GD: :GD: :GD: Sand paper you bad, bad girl.
Love Seven

Adrienne Heels
03-27-2006, 07:49 AM
Clinique Take the Day Off

DonnaT
03-27-2006, 08:06 AM
Noxema for me as well.

However, I did pick up some Albolene recently, but haven't worn makeup since so haven't tried it. The reason I picked it up was the L'Oreal foundation I use really stays on, and the Noxema wasn't getting it all off.

http://www.anyotc.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=8301

Sam-antha
03-27-2006, 08:29 AM
Vanishing cream and Gilette Turbo Mach 7

Seven
03-27-2006, 09:26 AM
Vanishing cream and Gilette Turbo Mach 7

Do Gilette do that in Pink

Amanduhrob
03-27-2006, 12:09 PM
Almay eye make up remover pads & Noxzema

Mitzi
03-27-2006, 01:08 PM
But I mustn't be very good at removal since my wife can always tell when I have had makeup on - grrrr.

My wife used to say she could always tell when I'd worn lipstick. Sometimes it was a day or so later, I thought there was still some telltale signs. So I quit using lipstick for quite a while, but she still made accusations now and then. I realized she really didn't know, that she hadn't paid that much attention to my natural lip color.

But the upside of not wearing lipstick was...it made passing in public easier. Many, if not most, middle aged GG's out in public aren't wearing lipstick these days.

I'm back to wearing light shiny shades of lipstick again (easier to remove), it just feels more fem. But I feel like I get more looks now, maybe the shade isn't age appropriate.

Mitzi

Ranee Daze
03-27-2006, 01:16 PM
Colourstay makeup is just the best, but it does take some practice putting it on and getting it off. The thing is that once well applied it just won't rub off on clothes..period...a great thing if you like trying on clothes in shops the way that I do.

Getting it off.....apply a mix of lotion and baby oil with your hands and let it soak for a couple of minutes, then tissue off. End by a good wash with Dove or Jergen's hand soap. After that I have to wash four times a day or the zits come on fast and furious.

Stacie Stockman
03-27-2006, 01:59 PM
Baby wipes are cheap and effective! Baby oil for getting rid of mascara and eyeliner.

Cathy Anderson
03-27-2006, 02:30 PM
Baby wipes
later, moisturizer & aloe

Ashley in Virginia
03-27-2006, 02:47 PM
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Category.taf?CategoryID=104&pricetype=

I have been using this with success for a while now. Gotta be careful around the eyes.

CharleneCD
03-27-2006, 03:27 PM
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Category.taf?CategoryID=104&pricetype=

I have been using this with success for a while now. Gotta be careful around the eyes.

I should have known better than to click on that link.:OMG:

Both my wife and I use Ponds clean sweep cleansing and make up removing towelettes.

HaleyPink2000
03-28-2006, 10:03 PM
I use Noxema and Ponds pads for make up removing.

But read this about Baby Oil please! Link Below.

http://www.zilltech.com/FAQMakeup.html

ReginaK
03-29-2006, 08:37 AM
I too wear a lot of makeup and use Noxema Deep Cleansing Cream. Gets everything off and love how it leaves my skin tingling fresh.

Robyn

I concur. That's what i've used. It worked for my grandmother, my mother, and now it works for me.

TGMarla
03-29-2006, 08:51 AM
Many, if not most, middle aged GG's out in public aren't wearing lipstick these days.Unfortunately true, I think. Like pantyhose, another fine feminine accessory is going extinct. I think it sucks, frankly. Women don't want to wear either one anymore, but tatoos and body piercings are popular? What a whacked out world. I'm glad that social norms run in cycles, because after this one runs its course, perhaps we can get back to being delicately feminine instead of female marines with piercing fetishes.

:OT:

Sorry. Oh, and I use baby wipes. But the eye makeup is still hard to remove. Perhaps I'll throw in one of those power sanders.

MarinaTwelve200
03-29-2006, 07:48 PM
Vaseline!

Joanne_'jojo'
03-30-2006, 01:12 AM
I have a whole line of Clinique products to clean and moisturize, some are girl products and some mens products, just because of the differences in skin types.
For eye make up remover I have some Marcelle no rinse stuff that I love to death, works very well and feels gentle on the eyes.

My wife says I have never taken so much care of my skin... well I am getting older and beauty sleep only goes so far :)

Joanne

Seven
03-30-2006, 01:32 AM
For me its Avon Solutions, moisture, boots, hydrofirming, Clean, moisture, treat.
37770 Clean Cream Cleanser £4 37762 Alcohol free toner £4 page 90 of the Avon Brochure 7 2006, if you have this, look also on page 58 item 2 Bronzing Pearls £7, Avon offers me so much, and at my door step.

XXXXXXXXXX Seven

lynda jane hamilton
03-30-2006, 02:29 AM
Any pack of face cleanser wet wipes Boots own or simple are best. For foundation removal I go for Estee Lauder make up remover it is the best, expensive and smells divine!

Lynda

xx