PDA

View Full Version : What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

jodybi35
03-27-2006, 07:04 AM
Now that is an olde saying which has come home to roost. So to speak. I have always questioned why a female can dress as a male, be out in public, and no one says a thing about it? Plaid shirt, blue jeans, doc martins and a
baseball cap. Yet, if a male wishes to go out in public in a nice blouse, skirt,
and heels with a wig on, everyone gets riled up. Seems to be such a double
standard to me. I began, as many here did, at the early age of 5 trying on my Mom's slips and panties, bras, and even a pair of falsies I discovered back in the back of her lingerie drawer. I loved the feel and the look. I had two older sisters and a rather gruff Father. Once Mom managed to open the bathroom door as I was trying to apply lipstick and caught me in her underwear. Nothing was said, and I have always wondered what she must have thought. I like this forum as it is nice to know that others (lots and lots of others) have had and are having the same wonderful experiences in their lives. Do girl girls get the same feelings by dressing male? What do you think? Jody

Krystenw
03-27-2006, 10:37 AM
On weekends when we go garage sailing or just go to town to shop I generally wear a nice pair of ladies slacks or a pantsuit of some sort. Something that is pretty plain so as not to attract any attenion. My wife allways wears Levi's and a t-shirt and a flanel shirt. I asked her the same question you are asking and she couldn't figure out why I didn't wear the same thing she did. She said she liked to dress that way because it was more comefortable. And besides that someone had to wear trousers in the family and not pants. Explaining that to me that men wear trousers and women wear pants. And here I thought they were the same thing.
Krysten

Karen Edmonton
03-27-2006, 10:55 AM
I'm sure there are GGs out there that have the same feeling about guys cloths as we feel about girls cloths. But like you say , they don't have to worry about it as much .

Jennaie
03-27-2006, 10:55 AM
Honestly, I do not believe that women wear the traditional "mens" clothing because it gives them a masculine feeling or anything of the sort. I think they wear this type of clothing simply because it is comfortable for them. I don't see too many them wearing boxers under those jeans, no they are still wearing panties and they still have breast, "not trying to hide them", and they still wear makeup, "at least some".

Lets face it, dressing up is harder than dressing down, and more expensive. I agree with you that men should be able to dress as they wish and both men and women should be able to learn to accept a man that wants to be feminine.

We do not need to direct our attention towards the other sex, we simply need to excersize our "right" to wear what we choose to, as they did.

Marla S
03-27-2006, 11:06 AM
Do girl girls get the same feelings by dressing male? What do you think?

I think they don't (I don't talk about F2M), because the double standard is on an different level than wearing men's clothes. These "men's clothes" are actually women's clothes derived from men's clothes for fashion reasons or just for the comfort. And if they wear "real" men's clothes they usually don't want to hide their feminity, but sometimes even emphasize it. Though I haven't seen many, I'd assume that women trying to hide their feminity run into similar problems as a M2F.
The double standard is a different one. Women trying to weaken their feminity or M2F CDers are accepted by the society, though reluctant, whereas the society gets in panic if a men weakens his masculinity by visible signs. A similar double standard can be observed for lesbians vs gays. This might be due to the fact that women are still considered to be of less value than men for the society, even in the western cultures. So, the double standard is indeed a problem for us CDers but on a different level also one for the women (I guess).

CaptLex
03-27-2006, 11:25 AM
Though I haven't seen many, I'd assume that women trying to hide their feminity run into similar problems as a M2F . . . So, the double standard is indeed a problem for us CDers but on a different level also one for the women (I guess).

Yup, you said, it Marla. You've hit the nail on the head! :bonk: