PDA

View Full Version : Surprise Observation

CayleeMarie
11-15-2019, 06:04 AM
Over the past month or so I have been introducing more of Caylee's wardrobe into my at home time when we don't have the kids around. The more I do this the the less awkward and more natural I feel around my wife. The past several weeks with the cooler weather, morning attire since the kids are all asleep, has been a flannel granny gown replete with forms. So this morning, I'm in the kitchen cleaning the stove from last night's dinner and I hear my wife giggling behind me as she is getting ready to leave. What is it, I say? She through her giggles says OMG you look like a housewife! Why thank you I responded... It was a wonderfully empowering feeling!

GretchenM
11-15-2019, 07:41 AM
What a wonderful experience. Your wife equates you with a housewife operating in that role. Now that is the Golden Realm where it is not just appearance but it is behavior that becomes the defining element in gender definition. Enjoy that wonderful success.

alwayshave
11-15-2019, 08:12 AM
Caylee, Good for you. It's always great when your wife is on board.

Rhonda Darling
11-15-2019, 08:23 AM
Caylee:

How wonderfully affirming that must have been. I also have a wife who is empowering. She loves and encourages me to be Rhonda, as she recognizes my comfort, calmness, and happiness all go up when I’m able to live my true self. You seem to be in a similar place. All I can say is: “Isn’t it grand!”

Best, Rhonda

Stephanie47
11-15-2019, 10:31 AM
Nice to hear of stories of acceptance.

RADER
11-15-2019, 03:13 PM
Now here is a great opportunity for you.
Go Out and get a Patton for that outfit. People will be dying to get it.
Rader

BTWimRobin
11-15-2019, 10:11 PM
Hi Caylee,

I love your approach to dressing more feminine around the house. I have got to try that. Maybe it will help me feel more comfortable dressing when my wife is around.

Cheers,

Crissy 107
11-15-2019, 10:34 PM
CayleeMarie, What a wonderful post, I am very happy for you!

bridget thronton
11-16-2019, 01:53 AM
You have a great wife

CayleeMarie
11-16-2019, 05:47 AM
Thank you all for the encouragement! And yes, I have to agree that I have a wonderful and very supportive wife. While her oldest child is MTF trans, and she is fully accepting of her, it does help with acceptance of my dressing. I still have to find balance between how I present myself. After all she did marry a man and has a few latent anxieties as to what extent my dressing will progress. For me, following the advice of others here to take it slow, it has been a slow process of breaking through the brain washing of what men are supposed to wear and not feeling awkward around her or the friends that we are out to. Out of respect for her and her feelings, it has been a slow progression to find a place that we are both comfortable. Every small inclusion of something new and allowing her the space to accept it has worked out well for us. I learned early on not to surprise her with things, but to ask if she is okay with something. So, so far so good... while she was very opposed to the idea of a GNO when I first came out to her, who knows, maybe one day it could happen.

Kimberly A.
11-16-2019, 06:09 AM
Wow Caylee, that's awesome! I know it must be nice, having a supportive SO...... I was married for 10 years and only wore pantyhose around my ex-wife, but she hated it.

Crissy 107
11-16-2019, 06:36 AM
CayleeMarie, You are correct in taking things slowly, no need to scare her off by rushing into things.