PDA

View Full Version : How do you handle the mailing of things bought off the net?

Kathycd
03-27-2006, 11:44 AM
Hello everyone:

I am wondering, from those who's SO's do not know, how do you handle the mailing of things bought off the net?

Do you have a PO Box?
Do you have them sent to a friend who knows?
Do you have them sent to your home?

I have found some wonderful things to buy, just not sure about getting them with descretion.

Thank you, in advance for the ideas.

kathy

Casey Morgan
03-27-2006, 11:48 AM
I don't have an SO but I have orders shipped to work. I just tell the receptionist that I'm expecting a package and she keeps an eye out for it. No, she doesn't know either. But everybody here has packages sent to work.

Lisa Marie
03-27-2006, 12:04 PM
I have a P.O. Box thats where I get my stuff from the internet.

Bonnie D
03-27-2006, 12:10 PM
My SO doesn't know, so I rent a mailbox and then using the address of the mailbox I ordered a credit card with only my initials and my surname on it. My credit card bills are sent to the mailbox so nothing is sent to my home. It's a Sears Mastercard so I can pay the bills cash at Sears.

Getting the items home is the next problem but I manage.

This is not something I like doing but find it necessary.

Bonnie

Jennaie
03-27-2006, 12:17 PM
Kathy, In your situation a P.O. box is probably the best bet.

Jennaie

Danielle/Mo
03-27-2006, 12:29 PM
I use a PO BOX and my credit cards. If you can't use your credit card send a money order and have the item sent to a PO BOX.

EricaCD
03-27-2006, 12:35 PM
Get a PO Box. As most of the girls have noted, it's also a good idea to get a credit card with the PO box as the billing address. Lot's of internet merchants still only ship to billing address.

With regard to home deliveries, you have to figure out if your SO is the kind of person who would ever be likely to open a package addressed to you. If not, then you can order from gender neutral places like eddie bauer, target, macys, etc. without any problem. If you have any doubt, however, skip this.

You can also send things to work. In my experience you can get away with one package from a "female" shop (places like newport news or spiegel; NOT like "Paula's Palace of Pretty Panties") going to your office every once in a great while. Just have the package addressed to your SO c/o you at your office address.

Kathycd
03-27-2006, 12:42 PM
Thank you all for your responses, it is much appreciated. The PO Box sounds like the way to go then as I don't have an office, proper as my office is either home or my RV service van while out on the road.

And the suggestions of the billing address being the same as the PO Box had answered my delima, as one of the girls stated, many of the on line shops or ebay do not mail to a PO box.

Hugs everyone, your fantastic!

kathy

Ashley in Virginia
03-27-2006, 02:43 PM
A place like mailboxes ect... gives you a real address. Not a PO box #.

sherri
03-27-2006, 04:39 PM
Hello everyone:

I am wondering, from those who's SO's do not know, how do you handle the mailing of things bought off the net?

With a great deal of excitement and anticipation! :D

Seriously, most companies catering to CDs ship items in nondescript packaging. But if you're worried about home delivery and don't want a permanent PO box, you can rent a box by the month at your local UPS Store or other mailing center.

Steph53
03-27-2006, 05:22 PM
I have a mail box at the ups store.It costs about 150.00 per year and I find very convenient and private.

Phyliss
03-27-2006, 07:07 PM
Rental of a mailbox is about the best way to go. If your package is to be delivered by UPS, they don't deliver to P.O. boxes.
With a "rented mailbox" you have an actual street address.

I rent mine from Postal Center USA. As long as my rental check clears and is on time they don't care why I'm renting.

cdboy4u
03-27-2006, 07:29 PM
you got to be carefull though, i bought a wig andhad it shipped to work it was sent very discret and packed very well just a brown box no one knew a thing, the next day the lady in the office ask if i needed my recipt for the wig that came in the mail :(

Debbie Kong
03-27-2006, 08:13 PM
PO Box is the only way in my town. There is no home delivery. Too bad as I live alone! Strangely enough there are shipping companies which won't deliver to a PO Box and they charge even more for this lack of service.

I offer the jury example A: Through eBay I bought a dress from a seller in Texas. They shipped via Global Priority, the most expensive way. My item arrived in a city 30 kms away but they wouldn't deliver to a Canada Post Office Box. Somehow they traced the phone number of the shipper, called her, she then called me and informed me that I would have to call the shipper, FedEx (Fedup?) I think it was. I called them and they said they would only deliver to my home address but, being as I wouldn't be sitting around all day waiting for them, they could possibly have it shipped to my local, small town, hardware store where I could pick it up later that week after the confused staff had had ample time to read the green label stating that it was indeed a woman's dress inside that package. If there is a point in this rambling it is that, no matter what length you go through to insure a secure transaction by mail, things can still blow up in your face. By the way, the Seller who called me was super friendly and the outfit is still one of my favourites. Well worth the troubles.

Debbie

size7satin
03-27-2006, 08:37 PM
I dont have a SO, so everything comes to the house. The kids know of my CD'ing but have know clue whats in the packages nor do I think they really care.

Kathi-Anne
03-27-2006, 08:46 PM
I live alone and just have things shipped directly to me door. My pantyhose just comes in the usual mailbox.

VeronicaMoonlit
03-27-2006, 08:49 PM
Rather than doing the "keep on hiding" and getting a PO box, maybe it's time to have "the talk" with your SO? Honesty is always better than secrecy.

Veronica

Adrienne Heels
03-27-2006, 10:37 PM
I had a package shipped to a UPS store type of place that receives the packages in for a fee.

trannie T
03-28-2006, 02:46 AM
Everything is shipped to my house. My postman might suspect something as he knows I'm single, but who cares?

Cora
03-28-2006, 05:39 AM
I will be more careful in the future but I had an incident the other day where the guy who lives accross the hall in my apartment complex actually opened my mail. Sure enough he found a pair of pumps, a bra, and stockings. He just happened to have the same first name as me and doesn't speak English very well. I was mortified and every time I see him I cringe a bit. It was wide open so he had to see.

Joy Carter
03-28-2006, 05:47 AM
She's right you need to be open with your SO rather than being secretive.

Cathy J
03-28-2006, 06:38 AM
Hi Kathy,

Lots of good suggestions. I've tried having stuff sent to my workplace but it made me very nervous, although as far as I know I was undetected.

I now have a P O box at a UPS store which gives me a box number as well as a steet address. I pay by credit card and find most merchants will ship to an address differing from the billing address and I stipulate no phone calls. Respond via e-mail only. It works for me.

Good luck,

Cathy

Avsblues19
03-28-2006, 12:08 PM
I was going to buy a PO box soon and use my credit card to buy lingerie online. However, thanks to this great thread, I will probably use money orders because I didn't know that some companies ship the items to the billing address. That could have been horrible.

randi_789
03-28-2006, 07:03 PM
I have a PO Box and have everything shipped there. If the company only ships UPS or to a billing address I don't order from them, which is a little disappointing at times. Maybe I will change to a UPS box or Mailbox Etc. A couple years ago I had ordered a longline bra and had it shipped to my PO Box, but to my shock it came to the my house. It just happened to come on a Saturday when my wife was home and she opened it even though it was addressed to me. Luckily I can think quickly and came up with a reasonable explanation. It was in early December and I told her that I had ordered her some lingerie for Christmas and this was obviously a mistake in shipping. She bought it. Or at least she said she did. Whew!

Lawren
03-29-2006, 11:15 AM
I guess I'm just one of the lucky ones. I just order them in my fem name and have them sent right to my regular address. My GF and I are the only ones who check the mail and she knows ans accepts that I xdress so no prob there.

sharifemme
03-29-2006, 01:05 PM
Kathy...

In the days before my DW knew about Shari, I used to buy a lot of my things on E-Bay and have them sent to me at work using my real first and second initials and real last name. I would request that things be shipped in a plain envelope, box or wrapper and that any really feminine names on return address labels be omitted. Our secretaries were really great about accepting personal shipments for me. Of course a personal shipment of mine might be a computer, a 5th wheel trailer hitch, outboard motor parts, a dress, cosmetics or a bra! LOL!

Sharifemme

Hello everyone:

Do you have a PO Box?
Do you have them sent to a friend who knows?
Do you have them sent to your home?

I have found some wonderful things to buy, just not sure about getting them with descretion.

Thank you, in advance for the ideas.

kathy

sabrina mercedes
03-29-2006, 01:59 PM
KathyCD, I have been buying on Ebay for three years now. I have a P.O. Box. I find that using my Paypal account I can get items shipped to the box without any problem. I have only had one item that needed to be shipped differently. A UPS delivery had to be sent to a physical address, so I used my office. A box is best and Ebay should have no problems shipping to it.
Sabrina

Kathycd
03-29-2006, 02:07 PM
Rather than doing the "keep on hiding" and getting a PO box, maybe it's time to have "the talk" with your SO? Honesty is always better than secrecy.

Veronica

Hi Veronica:

I agree with you about the honesty thing and I try to stay 99.8 percent honest in everyhting.

I wish that avenue were open to me, but alas it is not. I would probably be divorced and I like being married. So Kathy uses descretion, never touch the SO's things, I like mine better anyway. <smile>

I do thank you for your input though, it is appreciated.

kathy