PDA

View Full Version : Pierced Ears (Again)

tori-e
03-27-2006, 01:21 PM
My husband Tori really wants to do it and I wish he would just do it and be done with it. I guess he's a little nervous about the reaction. We both work in the same office, so i'm ready to back him up. I'm totally willinging to tell people that I like it and I made him do it. But my feeling is that nothing will be said.
Brenda

I just found the above from an old thread and just had to comment.

For those that are interested, I got both ears pierced about three weeks ago. In guy mode I am quite conservative and most of male friends and co-workers would think of me that way. So this was quite strange for me. Most people have made comments right away and many have said nothing at all. Except for my business partner, who thinks I'm quitting to join a rock band and an old (homophobic - - I think) friend that seemed shocked, there has been little reaction. Our 12 year old babysitter giggled for quite a while at first. And my chiropractor, told me I looked dangerous. (hasn't seen me in a skirt)

So after all it was no big deal.

Can't wait for the six weeks healing to be done, to start with some real earrings!

Tori

Julie York
03-27-2006, 02:34 PM
I had mine done four months ago and I'm still self conscious wearing two studs at the same time (I actually wear a tiny hoop and a stud....funky!). Interestingly, the only rude comments were from the closest of friends who just thought I'd gone slightly bonkers. Everyone else either doesnt care or thinks I am gay or are afraid that I'll smash their tiny insignificant heads to a bloody pulpy mess of gristle and mush and then........ .

Where am I?

Anyway mostly no-one cared.

Bernadina
03-27-2006, 02:36 PM
I've found that most people in Vancouver don't care too much. I got both of mine done a few years back and although they've been noticed, no one has really said anything.

Victoria-Marie
03-27-2006, 02:44 PM
For those that are interested, I got both ears pierced about three weeks ago.

Hi Tori-E,

I got both my ears pierced two and a half months ago, and I got very few comments.

My daughters (28, 26, 21) were a little surprised (as I was not out to them yet), but I just told them that I wanted to be "a little eccentric".

GypsyKaren
03-27-2006, 04:20 PM
I got both of mine done a year ago, I wear small hoops, and so far very few comments. Every now and again I'll see a guy with both done like mine, and I think "right on".

Karen

trannie T
03-27-2006, 07:35 PM
I have multiple piercings in both ears. A lot of women think its really sexy. I wear studs or small hoops in drab, big hoops or danglies in drag.

Joy Carter
03-27-2006, 07:49 PM
You guys (fem version) are talking me into it now! I saw a GG today that had one wide band at mid point in one ear looked fantastic.