PDA

View Full Version : red nails

alysonatl
03-27-2006, 02:37 PM
Is there any sexier, more feminine feeling than getting a manicure? The nail salon is one of the best places to pick up your spirits. I love the all female environment and I feel so girly! My nails are now a shiny red and my rings look even more gorgeous. I love the feeling of having properly manicured and polished fingernails.

Julie Avery
03-27-2006, 02:44 PM
Yep, when someone writes "The Joy of Crossdressing" I hope there's a big chapter on nails close to the front of the book!

Kathycd
03-27-2006, 03:06 PM
I really envy those that have such a wide variety of shops to get things done. Living in a small redneck town can be hard. Love to have my nails done or even have a make over place closeer than 1,000 miles away. <smile>

kathy

DanaJ
03-27-2006, 06:20 PM
You mean like the ones below? :) Those are acrylics, overlaid on my natural nails. I go for weekly nail appointments, I have been very lucky to find a totally cool supportive nail tech! She is the best ever!

Wenda
03-27-2006, 06:45 PM
I need help. Over the last two years, I have never had more than 7 decent nails at one time. Someimes I am down to three or four. I have used the teflon nail strengthener, but I think it just makes them brittle. Does anyone have useful tips for strengthening nailsÉ

Breanne
03-27-2006, 06:47 PM
The only time I've had my nails done by a pro was when I attended SCC a couple years back. First thing I did (while waiting for my hotel room to be readied) was go to the Nail Salon in the mall and get my nails done in acrylics. I didn't expect this to be such a thrill. Perhaps this was because I had dressed many times before, but never had my nails done. At any rate, come Monday morning, (time to deconstruct, as I had put it to friends) time to remove the acrylic nails, this was possibly the final vestige of my fem self of the previous five days. It was not a nice moment.

Elizabeth Anne
03-28-2006, 06:55 PM
This is something I have been able to enjoy for many years. I have had my nails "natural" up until a few months ago. I was always chipping or breaking one which made me sick. I had a very dear friend that also was a nail technician who knew about Beth that did my nails for me. I could never talk her in to doing acrylic overlays for me. I guess she thought since she was doing them for free that the acrylic with the fill ins was "asking" too much even though I always offered to pay her. She moved away & I had to find someone else to do my nails. I got the nerve to do acrylics & WOW. The bad thing is acrylic, over time, will yellow, especially if you smoke. I found another salon closer to my work & she said I needed gel overlays. She took off the acrylic & did the gel. It is about time for my first fill & they still look like the day they were first done. With the gel there is a sealer put on at the very last that looks like clear polish if not buffed down. I had mine buffed down a little for my everyday life.