PDA

View Full Version : Media interpretations

NancySue
11-26-2019, 12:58 PM
I love to read newspapers, magazines, catalogs, etc. I often see something I like and try to envision how it would look on me. Same when I go shopping. I always look at the mannequins as I assume they?re showing a popular item. I had to chuckle at one of the crossword words today. 7 letters..question..who buys a bra? My first thought was...?me?, but it obviously wasn?t correct. Anyone else have fun?

Patience
11-26-2019, 02:34 PM
"Females" or "shoppers" would fit the number of letters for the answer.

I too like to imagine myself in the clothing I see in catalogs, etc.

Majella St Gerard
11-26-2019, 07:28 PM
I love to read newspapers, magazines, catalogs, etc. I often see something I like and try to envision how it would look on me. Same when I go shopping. I always look at the mannequins as I assume they?re showing a popular item. I had to chuckle at one of the crossword words today. 7 letters..question..who buys a bra? My first thought was...?me?, but it obviously wasn?t correct. Anyone else have fun?

I thought the same thing with that clue

Ashanti
11-26-2019, 11:01 PM
7 letters, who buys a bra? Easy. My first answer was: Ashanti. Of course.

Suzi Q
11-26-2019, 11:02 PM
NancySue,

Across # 42 Bra Purchaser = Female

I know my answer fit in all directions with the other words, but wasn't truly correct!

I do all the Daily Commuter Puzzle, Jumble, Lexigo, and 7 Little Words before I get up from the breakfast island almost every morning.

Suzi Q

nvlady
11-26-2019, 11:09 PM
Who buys a bra, seven letters?
MememeI.

docrobbysherry
11-26-2019, 11:57 PM
Of course I see photos of shapely women modeling clothes.

But, I've bought enuff stuff over the years to fairly accurately buy things that will look good on Sherry and NOT what is illusionary!:heehee:

NancySue
11-27-2019, 09:27 AM
Ashanti..excellent answer. (Big smile) I tried my name but 8 letters didn?t work. I have many wonderfully comfortable bras. Why do I feel I need more.

- - - Updated - - -

I?ve
NancySue,

Across # 42 Bra Purchaser = Female

I know my answer fit in all directions with the other words, but wasn't truly correct!

I do all the Daily Commuter Puzzle, Jumble, Lexigo, and 7 Little Words before I get up from the breakfast island almost every morning.

Suzi Q
Yes, that?s the answer. I, too do crossword puzzles, solitaire, etc. after breakfast. You?re correct about the answer.
I liked nvlady?s answer too...mememe1

CynthiaD
11-27-2019, 01:15 PM
Cynthia has 7 letters. And would be correct.

Marianne S
11-27-2019, 02:30 PM
Oh, it's SIX letters, not seven! That made it impossible to solve correctly! (And I had no idea WHICH crossword was being referred to until Suzi Q spoke up...)

jacques
11-28-2019, 12:18 PM
hello NancySue,
please ignore my earlier version of this post - I realised later that I could not count very well!
luv J

abbiedrake
11-29-2019, 12:24 AM
Abigail
Because of course I do. Especially after that VS fitting where I found I am 2 sizes smaller than I thought. WIN!

Palaina Nocturnus
11-29-2019, 01:26 AM
Hello NancySue,

I used to be a Baker for einsteins so I'd ride my bicycle to work. Every morning I would stop in front of the Rue 21, catch my breath, and stare at the latest fashion and would dream of how I would look in all the different outfits I could see. I'd spend a few minutes each day daydreaming before I'd walk my bike the rest of the way to start work.

I miss those days. So many good times.

BLUE ORCHID
11-29-2019, 05:39 AM
Hi Nancy Sue :hugs:, I have always been fascinated with woman's clothing catalogs.

And watching the woman's fashions in general. >Orchid ..+:daydreaming:+..