PDA

View Full Version : Socially accepted dressing

Crisack
03-27-2006, 04:06 PM
If this has been asked already, I apologize. Still kinda new here so I'm not very forum savvy.

I've read here about people wanting to be accepted for who they are so they could portray themselves as they see fit. That would so rock. That concept popped another question in my head, though.

How many crossdressers would still crossdress if it were socially acceptable? Would wearing feminine underclothes while in drab still hold the same value? Not taking into account the tactile sensations, how much of crossdressing is just the thrill of the taboo and how much of it is the self portrayal?

I know we all dress for our own reasons, but I'm honestly not sure what percentage ratio I would fall into. It would be nice to throw on a summer dress and go enjoy myself, but then I think that the constant underwire reminder of what I'm wearing would actually be a pain in the butt (not literally, lol) and not as enjoyable. In other words, I'd understand what a GG is talking about when she rushes home to get out of her bra, hehe. Anyways, I was just curious if anyone had any thoughts on this.

Marla S
03-27-2006, 04:51 PM
There has been this thread lately
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24622

I for myself would probably dress more in public, as I right now trying to find an socially acceptable every day style, which means essentially male (no skirt, no dress, no heels, no bras, no full makup, no wig) with feminin clothes and accessory (everything else).

sherri
03-27-2006, 05:15 PM
how much of crossdressing is just the thrill of the taboo and how much of it is the self portrayal?

The taboo sucks. There's nothing thrilling about it. Once you've been going out for awhile, all you want is the freedom to move about without fear of embarrassment or reprisal.

Penny
03-27-2006, 05:29 PM
Sheri is right; there is no thrill in the taboo! There should't even be any taboo except everyone has been gender brainwashed and for that matter, brainwashes. Ideally, if everyone was permitted to present themself without reguard to gender, I would be a ******* grandfather. That would match more closely.

Annaliese
03-27-2006, 05:50 PM
If this has been asked already, I apologize. Still kinda new here so I'm not very forum savvy.

I've read here about people wanting to be accepted for who they are so they could portray themselves as they see fit. That would so rock. That concept popped another question in my head, though.

How many crossdressers would still crossdress if it were socially acceptable? Would wearing feminine underclothes while in drab still hold the same value? Not taking into account the tactile sensations, how much of crossdressing is just the thrill of the taboo and how much of it is the self portrayal?

I know we all dress for our own reasons, but I'm honestly not sure what percentage ratio I would fall into. It would be nice to throw on a summer dress and go enjoy myself, but then I think that the constant underwire reminder of what I'm wearing would actually be a pain in the butt (not literally, lol) and not as enjoyable. In other words, I'd understand what a GG is talking about when she rushes home to get out of her bra, hehe. Anyways, I was just curious if anyone had any thoughts on this.

I would dress much like GG do, nice shoes jeans and a nice blouse some times slack with light make up. and when giong out, a nice dress with make up high heels. I would not feel the need to ware a wig It would be refreashing just to be able to be my self.

Anna

Yes I am
03-27-2006, 05:56 PM
I love breaking the taboo, though I am fully aware that there are some people out there with very small and violent minds who can't handle it. But the thrill of breaking the rules and the liberation I feel in doing so is what makes it worth doing, otherwise it'd be a pretty boring and tedious hobby to have.

sherri
03-27-2006, 06:10 PM
I love breaking the taboo, though I am fully aware that there are some people out there with very small and violent minds who can't handle it. But the thrill of breaking the rules and the liberation I feel in doing so is what makes it worth doing, otherwise it'd be a pretty boring and tedious hobby to have.

You sound very young.

Yes I am
03-27-2006, 06:16 PM
Thank you!

Jeri
03-27-2006, 06:24 PM
I just like the feel of women's clothing more than menswear, so I would openly dress all the time.

Breanne
03-27-2006, 06:38 PM
I would dress like an ordinary well dressed GG would dress most if not all of the time. Skirts, dresses, make-up sometimes, heels, sometimes, etc. When called for, I would go all out and look decididly feminine, hair fancy dress and so on. Most of the time it would be simple skirt/or dress, no or minimal makeup, no wig and so on.

Joy Carter
03-27-2006, 07:08 PM
Ditto's to what Breann sead