PDA

View Full Version : “less then a real man” or “just one of the girls”?

rachealgirl
03-27-2006, 09:01 PM
So here’s my story. I was out last week at a club with a few G.G. friends. They all know me from collage, so they also know of my “male self”. Either way, dressed or not dressed, all 3 of them knew that I am straight. Soooo, after a few drinks and dancing the conversation turned to the topic of boyfriends. All three of them at one time or another, asked for my thoughts. This was fine. However, one friend started ribbing me about still being a single “gal”. Soon, they were all joining in! I was at first delighted that they would include me in such a topic, but then I started to wonder if they saw me as “less then a real man” or “just one of the girls”, or just something in between. Am I being too paranoid? Love, R.

livy_m_b
03-27-2006, 09:30 PM
Probably neither. Most likely they were just having a little fun and were curious about whether your en femme involved possible fantasies about men. It would be best when this happens to have a way of laughing it off with a sidestepping remark, unless it's really something you want to talk about. But, unless you know them all better than you seem to, I recommend just laughing it off.

GypsyKaren
03-27-2006, 09:30 PM
Hi Rachael

I think that they were just including you in as one of the girls, so I wouldn't worry about it. The important thing is, which way do you think of yourself, and are you happy with it?

Karen

Christina Nicole
03-27-2006, 09:31 PM
Too paranoid. Just go with it. After a few drinks and being in high spirts, you were just one of the girls. Enjoy. If you can't, I'll gladly take your place next time.

Warm regards,
Christina Nicole

Wenda
03-27-2006, 11:48 PM
Just to be clear, were you dressed when you were out with the girls. If you were, then I would consider it a compliment.

alysonatl
03-27-2006, 11:55 PM
Don't worry about it, you were accepted as one of the girls..When I'm out and about with GG GFs, of course we talk about their husbands or boyfriends and how silly men can be. It's what women do when no male company is present. So it seems to me likethey accepted you as another female and felt comfortable talking about the men in their lives with you.

Jennaie
03-28-2006, 12:03 AM
I think I would have taken the comment as a compliment. They were including you as one of them. However, I think I would have responded with a comment like, "I'm not attracted to men, I am a lesbian".

Jennaie :be:

rachealgirl
03-28-2006, 12:11 AM
I think I would have taken the comment as a compliment. They were including you as one of them. However, I think I would have responded with a comment like, "I'm not attracted to men, I am a lesbian".

Jennaie :be:
I have to rember that one!! Thanks to all for thier advice! (And yes, I was dressed (a red silk warap top and a knee length black skirt with tall black boots with 2" heels))