PDA

View Full Version : Sons or Daughters?

Vicky_Scot
12-22-2019, 08:48 AM
Hi All

Firstly I would like to take this time and wish you all A Merry Xmas and A Happy New Year when it arrives.

I have two grown up sons and two grown up daughters and I was ( I know a bit of a how long is a piece of string question) but if you
have come out to your kids who were the most accepting, Sons or Daughters? x

Rhonda in dallas
12-22-2019, 09:39 AM
I don?t post a lot at all but this one I have done. I have 2 sons and a daughter and 2 daughter in laws and all of them know and have for a few years. It?s not a big deal to my oldest but my youngest son still asks a lot of questions at times and that?s fine. I answer all of them

Rhonda

Lana Mae
12-22-2019, 10:00 AM
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you also!
I have one son and one daughter! I came out to both of them years ago! Both responded with, "Whatever makes you happy, Dad!" My son is married and I am out to his wife and last year, she bought me earrings as a Christmas gift!
Hugs Lana Mae

bridget thronton
12-22-2019, 10:03 AM
My son and daughter both say they are OK with it - I do dress more when my daughter is present than when my son is

Piora
12-22-2019, 10:27 AM
I have a daughter in her 30s who found out I cross-dressed when she lived at home with me, and a package with shoes came. She opened it, thinking it was something she had ordered, and asked me about it. I explained, and she is fine with it today. She just would never want to see me dressed (or photos) She has never gifted me any clothes, but has seen my female stuff in my closet (I'm divorced and single)

sometimes_miss
12-22-2019, 11:55 AM
After my past experiences of non acceptance, I've found that I'd rather just remain in the closet and imagine that they might accept me, than come out and find that they don't. Hope is the last thing to die, and it's extremely depressing when all hope is lost.

Majella St Gerard
12-22-2019, 12:16 PM
My 29 yo only son was cool with it, he's like, whatever makes you happy.

Robertacd
12-22-2019, 12:27 PM
Well I only have one son and he was like "You be you, Dad", but in general I have found women a little more accepting than men.

docrobbysherry
12-22-2019, 12:47 PM
The younger one who lives with me doesn't like it.:thumbsdn:

The one that doesn't couldn't care less!:thumbsup:

JuliaGirl
12-22-2019, 01:02 PM
So closeted yet as a dad with a transgender daughter and amazing younger son, I'm sure acceptance would be more than given but my kids. My daughter might also have that "Aha!" moment where she realizes why I was super-trans dad and accepting so well so fast. :battingeyelashes:

It's my wife's reaction and dismissal/snarky contempt (at best) I fear, sadly ... and since she is financially dependent on me, I will do nothing to rock the boat at this point in our lives.

Teresa
12-22-2019, 02:50 PM
Vicky,
I have an adult son and daughter , so to answer your question my daughter was the easier one . It happened more by accident , I forgot she was in the house and was busy ironing a dress , when she saw me she knew it didn't belong to my wife so I bit the bullet and told her it was mine and why . We now have a lovely relationship and go out with her and her daughter , I shall be spending Xmas day with her again this year .

My son knows but has never seen me but I have been told his wife has seen me driving into my old home town . They all know I'm now full time in my new home town so I would think it's only a matter of time before we do meet up .

Rachelakld
12-22-2019, 04:05 PM
I have 4 daughters and 2 son-in-laws, they were all easy to come out to.

The main thing is to wear respectable clothes and to respect their needs around your dressing.

alwayshave
12-22-2019, 05:36 PM
Vicky, I wish I had some insight, but I haven't seen my children, three adult daughters, in almost a decade.

BTWimRobin
12-22-2019, 05:59 PM
All of our children have fur and four legs.

abby054
12-22-2019, 07:47 PM
When my only child, a daughter, figured it out at about age 22, she opted for DADT. Wife is violently opposed.

JocelynJames
12-22-2019, 08:46 PM
I have one of each, both adults, neither of them know. My son recently told me he was gay. I believe he would be accepting, my daughter , not so much. Doesn?t matter as telling them is no where on my radar. Merry Chistmas , ladies

Vicky_Scot
12-23-2019, 02:58 PM
Ty for your advice ladies x

Jane G
12-23-2019, 06:03 PM
Both son and daughter where cool with my dressing.

kimdl93
12-23-2019, 08:06 PM
I?d say its a toss up. I have a pair of sons and two step daughters.

Judy-Somthing
12-23-2019, 09:32 PM
I told my 24 year old daughter last year I dress now and then for fun and she said "so, no big deal" then she told my son and he said "his faddish/issue is worst than mine"?

Palaina Nocturnus
12-24-2019, 09:21 PM
Merry Christmas everyone!

I have a 20 yr old son that I came out to years ago but recently he asked questions just in curiosity, he accepts me.

My girlfriend has an 11 yr old daughter that I love and treat as my own. Her mom is overprotective and doesn't want to talk to her about LGBTQ. I wear female clothes with my finger/toe nails painted with anklets and toe rings with a padded bra. I was asked to not wear a dress around her so of course I don't but that's it. One day I picked her daughter up from school and she said her friend was sad cuz they got teased for being transgender. I asked how she felt to which she replied it shouldn't matter if you like boys or girls or if you want to be a male or female, what should matter is those kids being mean and not just treating her like a person. I told her that was very well thought out and heartfelt and honest. She giggled and said he's not as pretty as you but then you're the prettiest guy I know, you like everything I do, I think its fine you dress up like a woman, that made me smile. I told her that her mom is struggling to talk to her about it. She said well she needs to know the kids at school are vulgar and talk a lot about gross sex stuff. I just laughed and reiterated her need to speak to her mom despite how anxious her mom can be. After that, she's copied my outfits and her mom just shakes her head.

My girlfriend and I have a 2 yr old boy together. She asked I follow the same rules with him so he has a fair chance in life to make decisions based on what he wants and feels not what we put on him. I'm like ok if that's what you want, no prob.

I'd say the biggest shock was my mom lol