PDA

View Full Version : Better for cd's because it's forbidden?

Keri
03-27-2006, 10:23 PM
Not sure who "CJ" is, but I've copied her post from the "crossdressers discussion forum" at http://f24.parsimony.net/forum54410/
You may want to agree or not with her sentiment. I certainly agree.

Kerry

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++
Hi all,

Gals don't dress up often because dress up clothes are simply uncomfortable. They're good for special occasions or for sexy or seductive moments but not for everyday wear. This is something any crossdresser can agree with (if he's being honest).

Issues of comfort aside, I think many crossdressers (although I can only really speak for myself here) find the fabrics and colours and cuts of women's clothes have both a sensual as well as an erotic appeal. The way they glide and slide over the body; the way they constrain and restrain; the way the reveal while yet leaving something to the imagination; finally, the way they help CD's achieve the illusion of femininity; all of this contributes to the appeal this clothing has for us. That men, in our culture, generally aren't "supposed" to find sensual delight in things or activities both delicate and somewhat self-indulgent (let alone wanting to look like women) adds a certain frisson to the act of crossdressing itself. It's a form of transgressive rebellion... even if there's nobody there, in the room with us, to witness that transgression. We know it occured. And we know the pleasure it brought.

We desire more to "dress" the more it's forbidden but women, I think, don't "dress up" as much not because it isn't taboo for them to do so but, rather, because it's, well, just too much of a drag for them to do so on a regular basis. Again, any man who's ever spent more than just a couple of hours in the course of an evening alone at home wearing heels, corsets, and makeup knows the feeling.

Love,
CJ

Tamara Croft
03-27-2006, 10:29 PM
Totally agree with what she said :thumbsup:

Adrienne Heels
03-27-2006, 10:34 PM
I agree as well. I was trying on some clothes tonight in a consignment shop and it felt so good !

sherri
03-27-2006, 11:31 PM
Gals don't dress up often because dress up clothes are simply uncomfortable. They're good for special occasions or for sexy or seductive moments but not for everyday wear. This is something any crossdresser can agree with (if he's being honest).
Not true for me. My skirt and sweater, even my low heels, are very comfortable, way more so than men's clothes.

Issues of comfort aside, I think many crossdressers (although I can only really speak for myself here) find the fabrics and colours and cuts of women's clothes have both a sensual as well as an erotic appeal. The way they glide and slide over the body; the way they constrain and restrain; the way the reveal while yet leaving something to the imagination; finally, the way they help CD's achieve the illusion of femininity; all of this contributes to the appeal this clothing has for us. That men, in our culture, generally aren't "supposed" to find sensual delight in things or activities both delicate and somewhat self-indulgent (let alone wanting to look like women) adds a certain frisson to the act of crossdressing itself. It's a form of transgressive rebellion... even if there's nobody there, in the room with us, to witness that transgression. We know it occured. And we know the pleasure it brought.
Absolutely.

We desire more to "dress" the more it's forbidden
Patently not true for me. Taboos are nothing but a pain and frustration. Turn me loose and set me free.

Cathy Anderson
03-28-2006, 01:49 AM
I agree

but women, I think, don't "dress up" as much not because it isn't taboo for them
I guess that might mean wome, some anyway, have a different way to break taboos. Maybe an example is the fantasy of having sex in a public place, etc--it seems that's a more common fantasy for women than men.

Cathy

Marla S
03-28-2006, 03:23 AM
I don't agree.
The rarer the occasion the more I (we) tend to "dress-up". (The rarer you eat the more you have the desire for a big meal)

True for the stereotypes, but casual clothes are actualy quite comfortable.

As for the fabrics and colors. Meanwhile, you will find mens clothes in almost every color and fabric, but they are labeled "mens clothes".

Lisa Golightly
03-28-2006, 04:06 AM
Actually I just look better in the clothes I wear. I rarely dress up... indeed a girl who recently met me was quite shocked... art and real life, seems some people think I spend my life sprawled on a floor wearing very little.

I think in many instances a lot of women have either no interest or no idea how to 'dress up'. My sister is positively hopeless... she really doesn't like dresses because of her thighs. My last girlfriend looked like a positive Diva. If you are interested in clothes you'll wear the whole wardrobe, if you're not, or you lack confidence in your body you will not.

I buy and wear what looks good on me... and to be honest most of the recent evening dresses I've bought have been wonderful comfort wise. I accept the fact that women often dislike dressing up as they feel it being either demeaning, open to critical exposure of their form, or their taste in clothes, but I'm afraid in most instances they don't bother because they are married to a beached Moby Dick who'd suspect them of sleeping around if they did...

Controversial... moi?

Sorry I just wander into a shop and go ...'Oooo I like that... I'd look great in that... I must buy that'.

GypsyKaren
03-28-2006, 04:21 AM
Hi Keri

Dressing for sensuality of it used to be the case when I was younger, now it's because it makes me feel like I'm in the right skin. It also makes me feel good about myself because I feel pretty, and I look at least 10 years younger. Thank goodness for make-up!

Karen

Sharon
03-28-2006, 04:28 AM
Issues of comfort aside, I think many crossdressers (although I can only really speak for myself here) find the fabrics and colours and cuts of women's clothes have both a sensual as well as an erotic appeal.

This isn't true in my case, although, I admit, I'm in a minority here. Dressing to me is simply the act of attempting to get my outward appearance to match my inner heart and brain. To me, dressing in drab is when I feel as if I'm crossdressing.

I also find feminine clothing to be perfectly comfortable, no less than anything else I could wear. Granted, ninety percent of what I wear is just slacks or skirt, a comfy top, and flats or near flats, but my point in even posting this is that there are no absolutes in anything in life, including those in our community.