PDA

View Full Version : Update on my Christmas with my friends

Bobbi46
12-28-2019, 09:00 AM
To say the least it was memorable mainly because close to lunchtime on Christmas eve I was suddenly invited over for that evening as well! on Christmas day I made my way next door for coffee, Olivier one who knew but had never seen me dressed before greeted me warmly then the grand daughter and boyfriend turned up again the same with both of them, no second glances, no quizicle looks and "tell me more" I was just accepted as a normal human being! on Christmas day we all ate ourselves silly but that is what the day is for at least it was when I was at home with my parents.
I had been invited to stay over night because of drinking (not all that much but any drink is too much for driving) and in the afternoon I was asked to help finish of the food the next day (26th Dec) more drink followed and I ended up staying another night with friends old and new!
I finally came home yesterday afternoon to find I had no internet or telephone connection! but it righted itself by the time I went to bed.
Paul and Dianne just down the road who I thought I was losing over my dressing were just as before at coffee in my brasserie this morning, so the expats that matter to me have not deserted me at all and those that have were not the friends I thought I they were.
But this Christmas will be one to remember for a long time seeing as all of the previous Christmases from 2013 have been spent on my own.
A truly lovely way to finish off the year!

VS Fan
12-28-2019, 09:04 AM
Wonderful end to the story! Thanks for sharing :)

Sidney
12-28-2019, 09:19 AM
So happy for you and new found friends. The New Year is looking bright for you

kimdl93
12-28-2019, 09:49 AM
I?m so glad your Christmas brought you so many gifts...in the form of new friends

Crissy 107
12-28-2019, 10:44 AM
Bobbi, I am so happy for you twofold, the terrific time on Christmas Eve and the ensuing days and then today with expats Paul and Diane. You are ending the year with smiles on your face.
I would like to wish you a Happy New Year with more success on your journey.

Teresa
12-28-2019, 11:28 AM
Bobbi,
I can only agree with your last line , " A truly lovely way to finish the year !" I'm so pleased for you also knowing some doors weren't closed at all to you .

Aunt Kelly
12-28-2019, 11:47 AM
Lovely, indeed. Thank you for sharing that good news. :)

Carole
12-28-2019, 12:21 PM
Fantastic Bobbi, so pleased all went well for you; and your earlier fears quashed,. May I wish you a very Happy New Year in which Bobbi goes from strength to strength.

CynthiaD
12-28-2019, 12:44 PM
Bobbi, it sounds like you had a wonderful time. Congratulations on being able to spend Christmas with friends, as yourself. I hope you have a happy new year as well!

Helen_Highwater
12-28-2019, 01:45 PM
Bobbi,

Just when you think the night is at it's darkest light starts to shine. So pleased for you. A truly great way to end the year. Any plans to see the New Year in?

Lux
12-28-2019, 02:10 PM
Having seen your previous posts and the despair you had, its so nice to see just how well the year ended! All the best in 2020.

CayleeMarie
12-28-2019, 02:31 PM
Thanks for sharing... so happy for you!

Sandi Beech
12-28-2019, 03:10 PM
Hey Bobbi , sounds like a good time for you. Happy new year ( in advance).

Sandi

Bobbi46
12-28-2019, 03:43 PM
As Christmas unfolded I felt like the Phoenix arising from the ashes! compared to the downturn of losing those "friends" what has happenned has been the hole in the bucket being sealed for good.
All that happened through Christmas was like a big new present considering three of those I was with had never seen me dressed before! to be so readily accepted by them was like a dream come true.
I do now feel that a corner has been turned and only good can come from now on.
Roll on 2020! more adventures to follow I hope!

alwayshave
12-29-2019, 11:09 AM
Bobbi, That is wonderful news.

Bobbi46
12-29-2019, 11:56 AM
This Christmas has been a fantastic time such that I don't want it to end! but all good things come to an end and the new year no doubt will herald new things to come.