PDA

View Full Version : Hollidays so why not?

Brenda Locke
12-30-2019, 06:43 PM
Why not get dressed up and go out? No reason I can think of.
Friday I got my nails done, Gels in a light pink.
Today got dressed and went out to West Edmonton Mall. Mostly just window shopping.
Wore my hair tied back revealing my face for the first time. Normally I wear it down covering part of my face.
It wasn't very crowded surprisingly, Lots of teenage girls around though.
I did not get even a second look or comment from anyone so I guess I did something right.
In total I spent a good two hours walking around the place and felt comfortable the whole time.
I guess what I am saying is if your comfortable with yourself theirs really no reason you shouldn't go out.
All it takes one step followed by another.

Hugs Brenda.:heehee::heehee:

Jean 103
12-30-2019, 07:50 PM
Dress and act like a lady than you should expect to be treated like one.

So what you found is to be expected, it's what I have found.

I go and do everything dressed, it is just normal for me.

But there are things you may want to watch out for if you are not out like me.

I run into my friends all the time. Just a couple days ago I was leaving the tanning salon. I looked left to say goodbye as I was walking through the lobby. Just than a door opened to my right, someone was leaving right behind me . I open the front door, as I walk out and hold the door for whoever is behind me comes, "Hi Jean, how are you". I turn to a big hug from one of my friends.

Yesterday my roommate and I are getting out of my car at the grocery store. I getting bags, don't ask, if you live in CA you know. Anyway I turn and my roommate is hugging someone. Oh it's one of your friends we haven't seen in awhile. Yes, another big "Hi Jean" followed by a hug, as that's what woman do.

JennniferMcC
12-30-2019, 08:27 PM
Good for you! Happy New Year!

Tracii G
12-30-2019, 08:55 PM
Sounds like you looked like any other woman there so good for you.
A mistake a lot of Cders make is try to hide part of their face with a wig or pull the front of the wig too far down.
Your hair line isn't supposed to be 1/2 an inch above your eyebrows.
Just looks unnatural IMO.

Helen_Highwater
12-31-2019, 05:11 AM
Brenda,

Lovely to read you had such a pleasant experience. Whether by accident or design you hit upon one of the big things for a successful outing, confidence.

As Tracii says, trying to hide doesn't work. It makes you look furtive, as if you're doing something wrong. Acting absolutely normally while not a cloak of invisibility does help you merge into the crowd.

If interacting with others having confidence elicits a more positive response from those you engage with. That further adds to not only the experience but also your confidence.

alwayshave
12-31-2019, 07:09 AM
Brenda, glad that you got out on your own terms.

Teresa
01-01-2020, 07:10 AM
Benda,
So good to read you made that decision , it does get easier .

Yesterday for instance , I decided to go to a matinee showing at the cinema in my old home town to see " Le Mans " staring Matt Damon but first I had to go to a DIY store , then onto a busy supermarket to get my favourite pizzas . Being New Year's eve it was very busy but as you say just be yourself and feel comfortable and don't be furtive , look them straight in the eye and smile .