PDA

View Full Version : the feeling of a bra

Ginnifer Wilde
01-01-2020, 11:05 PM
i'm new here and have a lot of questions so sorry ahead of time if I ask to much. three days ago out of nowhere I told my wife. she's very understanding but doesn't get it. how do i explain to her the feeling you get when you put on a bra?
she's baffled and says for a woman it's the most uncomfortable thing in the world.
thx,
Ginny

Pumped
01-01-2020, 11:16 PM
My wife doesn't get it either!

She laughs about us. I get home, strip off the guy clothes and dress many evenings. She gets home strips off he work clothing, which is fashionable for work, some days a skirt and heels, then puts on a t-shirt and leggings. She says that I dress, and she undresses!

Ginnifer Wilde
01-01-2020, 11:20 PM
lol, it is kind of backwards.
out of curiosity how long did she know before she saw you dressed?

Pumped
01-01-2020, 11:29 PM
I was dressing when she was out or when I was out of town for a few years, then one day she found a pair of panties. That was maybe three years ago. Since then we have gone the whole route from NO DRESSING! to DADT and she gradually came around, about 18 months ago ago. I dress in front of her now, but she doesn't care for the fake boobs, but is accepting. She enjoys when we both dress in lingerie, stockings and garters, nighties and high heels, so that is our fun together. We will also sit and do our nails together.

Tracii G
01-01-2020, 11:48 PM
Its the first thing I take off when I get home I don't like wearing a bra so I don't get it either.
I think its just because you think you aren't supposed to like it that you do like it.
Do you carry a lot of guilt over your dressing or your girly feelings?

Tracy Irving
01-02-2020, 12:49 AM
how do i explain to her the feeling you get when you put on a bra?

A bra is like a constant hug, unless it is comfortable and sized properly, then you might even forget you are wearing one.

for a woman it's the most uncomfortable thing in the world.

Many years ago my wife asked me for help finding the right bra. While she still takes if off when she gets home from work, she no longer complains about it.

Midnightfire
01-02-2020, 01:40 AM
As a GG, it is baffling to think about as more often then not bras are awwwwful, but at the same time... I think I personally understand it if I think about how I feel when I get a new bra that fits just right, and holds the girls up as it should..it?s fun and can be quite sexy! That?s how I am seeing things when I see my SO dressed up. 😊

Stephanie47
01-02-2020, 02:27 AM
When our daughter at the age of three pulled open the bottom draw of my armoire, opened a large box with a vivid red Vanity Fair bra in it,and, yanked it out my wife and I had "The Talk." She said she had no idea why a man would wear a bra when he had "nothing to pack into it." Early in our marriage (before kids) we had incorporated negligees and hosiery for me into "bedroom play." I suppose she considered that to be a fetish since I had told her I liked the feel of nylon which was true. It's funny how slowly a man can progress into the world of cross dressing.

As far as a your wife's statement "it's the most uncomfortable thing in the world" my wife is in total agreement. In hot weather she'll yank that thing off as quickly as possible.

Lydianne
01-02-2020, 03:16 AM
In my case, the tangible feeling of the bra itself is neither here nor there ( welcome to the community, btw! :) ). I'm not really a bra person - I only have one that I use when I dress. It's very no-frill. I bought two others which are stylish which I thought I admired from afar, but they lost their appeal as soon as I got them.

A regular guy might be satisfied with the body type I worked on developing, but for me, it's a constant source of day-to-day discomfort 😥. ( A cis-person should be capable of some understanding of this without requiring too much imagination, but they might choose not to want to try because it would overcome the inertia of greater tectonics ). I still work on maintaining shape because to let it go would not send it in the correct direction. The pecs are reasonable, and I take advantage of the definition of their tops, but they end too high up. I need to pad them from below, hence the bra with some ballast. Then with a garment over the top ( and a load more ballast ), it helps creates a pacifying shape 😌.

So what the bra delivers for me is intangible, but that kind of need might make a genetic female SO more uncomfortable than if it were tangible. Understandably.

( Incidentally, the fortified waist bands of 5 or 6 pairs of padded underwear that I use to pad out my hips does eventually start to hurt when being pressed down by a cincher and a shaper. Still, the physical pain is the lesser of two evils. In the case of a genetic female, it would be all pain and probably no intangible gain; so without a description of the full picture, I can see why one wouldn't understand it ).

- L.

Denice
01-02-2020, 04:58 AM
A bra is like a constant hug, unless it is comfortable and sized properly, then you might even forget you are wearing one.

Yes! A hug!

Back in the '70s women burned their bras to show that they were liberated. Today, when I wear a bra, I feel liberated.

Ginnifer Wilde
01-02-2020, 06:21 AM
yes I did feel guilt and was ashamed as that's not how a MAN is supposed to be and the burden of the secret finally got to me. I have only researched it in the last week and reading forums and such and realize i'm not alone. so now i'm trying to accept it as well since it seems that it's something I don't have a choice about.

Kelli_cd
01-02-2020, 07:18 AM
I agree with the feeling of being hugged all day. In addition, bras make me feel pretty. That's something I know my wife would never understand.

Joyce Swindell
01-02-2020, 07:34 AM
I love wearing a bra. I'm not sure why either. I don't understand it myself but I do know I like it a lot! It makes me happy. My only problem is my concern of what others will do or think. That's actually more on me than anyone else.

So my wife doesn't understand it either but she knows it makes me happy and she's all for that!

Also...if I don't understand it myself, how could she?

Jean 103
01-02-2020, 08:58 AM
Welcome, it is a different world, or maybe it's just me.

Yes a bra can be much more than just a supporting device. It's something that is only worn by woman. As such for some it can be a symbol of such.

The bra itself can be hot and uncomfortable depending on the bra. Than the right bra can make a difference.

I'm not big on bras, but I do wear one everyday now. I wear a bralette to work for support. When I go to out I wear a push-up bra. For me it's when you are pushing your breast to enhance your figure that they can be uncomfortable. The price of fashion,
and/or vanity.

April Rose
01-02-2020, 09:36 AM
It's the promise of femininity that we long for, and can never really achieve.

Dutchess
01-02-2020, 09:55 AM
With OP's wife here , I will be glad to never wear one again . Actually for the last 18 months I have been rebelling and have not worn them much at all .
I keep one in my purse for emergencies but I am just so tired of them .

Patience
01-02-2020, 10:12 AM
There really is no article of clothing more feminine than a bra, as it is the one item that has no male equivalent.

NancySue
01-02-2020, 10:18 AM
My supportive wife shares her feelings about bras, hose, and heels with many other GG?s. She doesn?t understand my love comfort and enjoyment of wearing things she destains. She often teases me with, ?I can?t wait to put on what she can?t wait to take off?. All my bras are underwires. They fit perfectly and are so comfortable. I wear a bra most days and nights, as I both love the feeling of the bra especially when wearing silicone forms. On days I can?t wear a bra, I feel like something is missing. I also wear panties and hose most days. This doesn?t include shapers or waist clinchers at which she just rolls her eyes. Neither of us understand my dressing needs, but her support along with a great sense of humor is wonderful. I?m very fortunate.

Micki_Finn
01-02-2020, 10:38 AM
I’m with your wife. They’re a horribly uncomfortable necessary evil.

Cheryl T
01-02-2020, 10:39 AM
I was asked why I wear one so much and I just laughed and told my wife ... If I don't wear mine my boobs fall off.

Ever since I can remember I wanted breasts. When I came out to my wife I already had a pair of silicone forms and I really can't explain how I feel when I wear a bra. Many other things feel feminine, but my bra and forms are just the ultimate feminine expression. I'd love to have implants or take hormones, but I don't really see that happening, so I'll just enjoy all my pretty bras.

Teresa
01-02-2020, 12:08 PM
Ginny,
The novelty has worn off but I really don't mind wearing one everyday , nothing fancy just something comfortable to give me the right shape . Maybe it's because I don't go for a huge bust that I don't have any problems with being hot and uncomfortable .

Joyce Swindell
01-02-2020, 12:33 PM
Having responded once I would like to add that our bras add shape to us up top...which is nice. If there were a way to slip on a pair of panties, (like we do our bras,) that would add shape to my hips and thighs like a bra does my chest I would under dress incrementally to the size I want my behind to be. Who cares they think I'm getting a big behind, my pants would stay up better!

Helen_Highwater
01-02-2020, 12:43 PM
I was asked why I wear one so much and I just laughed and told my wife ... If I don't wear mine my boobs fall off.

Ever since I can remember I wanted breasts. When I came out to my wife I already had a pair of silicone forms and I really can't explain how I feel when I wear a bra. Many other things feel feminine, but my bra and forms are just the ultimate feminine expression. I'd love to have implants or take hormones, but I don't really see that happening, so I'll just enjoy all my pretty bras.

Cheryl,

I feel you've hit the nail on the head. No bra, no boobs.

I personally have no desire to wear a bra without forms. Underdressing in one sans forms holds no draw for me. Somewhat pointless if you'll pardon the imagery.

Palaina Nocturnus
01-02-2020, 01:14 PM
Hello Ginny,

Welcome to the community!

I have 4 "bras" I own and each one serves a different purpose. I wear a bra everyday.

My first one I ever owned and still use to this day is a black bra with lace cups. They produce no shape unless I put in forms or the like. I use it without anything so I still have the feeling of wearing a bra when I need to look less like a woman and back to being in drab lol

The next two are similar, they are both sports bras one black one blue. The black one has bigger cups on it so it depends on my mood and how much I'd like to make it obvious that I'm wearing a bra. Usually this is what I wore to work or band practice.

My favorite one that I wear damn near every day every moment is one my girlfriend went out with me and picked out for me. It's mostly white with black lace. It's a padded pushup bra intended to make an A cup look like a C cup. I tighten the shoulder straps and wear it slightly higher and voila it appears like I have the real thing or at least breast forms lol

I feel like myself when I wear a bra. I've gone most of my life wearing clothes 3 sizes too big so I'm def enjoying the feeling of fabric and such on my skin, hugging me.

I hope you have a fantabulous day!

Debra Russell
01-02-2020, 02:35 PM
I have several bras all Bali Flower underwire. I have gynecomastia and have small A cup breast, I buy the Bali underwire and the smallest size is a B cup. I don't fill it out but it gives me (one side is fuller than the other ) a good feeling and is comfortable all day; I also have small silicone breast forms if I want a little more roundness. Yes I am a bra person and feel more complete with one on ……………………………..Debra

Stephanie47
01-02-2020, 03:00 PM
I feel you've hit the nail on the head. No bra, no boobs. I personally have no desire to wear a bra without forms. Underdressing in one sans forms holds no draw for me. Somewhat pointless if you'll pardon the imagery.

I totally agree with Helen. If the bra fits correctly you should not feel the band unless your mind is geared to "Hey, I'm wearing a bra! But you cannot see it." If you need an A cup, so be it. If you're a larger, much larger, size I suspect you're going to feel the "tug" not the "hug" at the shoulders. I know of three women who needed breast reduction surgery because of the weight "tugging" down at the shoulders and chest wall. If your breast forms are of a larger size and have the consistency of human breast tissue, then you should feel the tugging at the shoulder straps. If you're going to wear an ill fitting bra, and, I see many women who look as if they're stuffed sausages, then yes you're going to feel the "hug." At my stage of the game, whether in male or female clothing, I want everything to fit right and feel right, which basically means I do not want to be stuffed into my clothes.

Ginnifer Wilde
01-02-2020, 03:19 PM
thank you for all the input. just one day of being on here I feel so much better. for me nothing is more feminine than nice curvy breasts and a bra symbolizes that like nothing else. plus I don't get to dress much so when I do it's that much better.

tbryant2k16
01-02-2020, 07:49 PM

Same here. Now that I have breast forms, I need bras to hold them in place. There's just something about looking down and seeing breast mounds on your chest. And having 3 different sized breast forms, I have various sized bras to accommodate them.

docrobbysherry
01-02-2020, 08:58 PM
Bras R uncomfortable, Ginni. The only reason I wear them is to keep my forms from falling to my waist!:doh:

Why don't u tell her the real reason u like to wear them? Maybe because it's a fetish for u?:heehee:

lingerieLiz
01-02-2020, 11:06 PM
I wear bras that are comfortable. Most women wear bras that are not. My wife is a classic example in that she is wearing a bras too tight. Most women I know don't work at finding their size. I did at times but figured out that bras could be comfortable. I have always found girls/women were sexy when wearing bras.

NancyJ
01-03-2020, 07:38 AM
I agree with Patience. It is precisely BECAUSE a bra is uniquely a woman?s article of clothing that I want to wear it. As much as is possible, I want to experience what it feels like to have a female body. When I wear my forms, I not only want to see the shape, but feel the weight and bounce. If women feel uncomfortable with bras, I want to share in that, too. Although they are very different sensations, I’ve wanted to experience the feeling of ear rings dangling against my neck, lipstick on my lips, a cool breeze against my skirted legs — these are things that women feel, and I want to feel like a woman! Nancy

Jeri Ann
01-03-2020, 10:31 AM
I wear bras that are comfortable. Most women wear bras that are not. My wife is a classic example in that she is wearing a bras too tight. Most women I know don't work at finding their size. I did at times but figured out that bras could be comfortable. I have always found girls/women were sexy when wearing bras.

It can be difficult to find a bra that fits correctly, especially if you are between sizes. With most brands/styles a D cup is too small and a DD is too large for me. For support I go with the slightly smaller cup and just spill out a bit. But, it is not the band or cup that is uncomfortable for me. It is the constant pressure of the straps that get to me and make me look forward to getting home and taking the damn bra off.

With OP's wife here , I will be glad to never wear one again . Actually for the last 18 months I have been rebelling and have not worn them much at all .
I keep one in my purse for emergencies but I am just so tired of them .

I have to admit that I have been rebelling too. When I go grocery shopping I get remarkable service from the butcher and the produce guy. It happened yesterday. No need to wear makeup when I go bra-less. Lol

All that being said, I get the need to wear a bra for shaping purposes. I also understand it meets some other "needs." I was there at one time. But, now I know that these things are somewhat different than what a woman needs or feels.

Bobbi46
01-03-2020, 01:25 PM
A properly fitting bra should be a joy to wear not an encumberance i think I have been lucky all of mine are comfortable and at the end of the day yes it comes off but not because it was uncomfortable it was because of bedtime.

Bruce64
01-03-2020, 01:52 PM
I have several Brassiere that I wear and are really comfortable, right now I am at work wearing a Triump Brassiere, I have one I sleep in too, I at first was a bit hesitant to try it on, now its addictive.

valerie anne
01-03-2020, 03:34 PM
I would be lost without a bra. I am a droopy C cup, and going downstairs without any support can be "thumpy".

I need the lift, plus some padding for modesty. Plus I feel so feminine when showing some firm shape. I wear chicken fillets to give myself some extra boost to D cup, which is just what I need to fill out low cut tops and dresses.

I feel so sexy when presenting a full bust, whilst being held by a really firm bra band and tight straps.

Lea
01-03-2020, 03:46 PM
I look forward to wearing them because they are usually an exclusive item just for women. I enjoy knowing that I am able to share that experience.

I have chances to dress for lengthy time frames of up to 45 days so I have a lot of time in a bra. Most of my bras I do not find uncomfortable. For the most part I am not aware of the bra. I have couple that I usually do not wear as they do become disagreeable. One of them is the same size, same manufacture and same style as one my favorite bras.

In the summer my forms are more of the problem over bras. The heat build under the forms.

RADER
01-03-2020, 05:27 PM
I have been wearing a Bra 24/7 for over 8 years. I just can't be with out it.
When my Wife was alive; she would ask me when she came home from work to unhook her Bra.
She then would ask me where is my bra, go get it and I will hook you up.
Some one should wear a Bra in this house.
Rader

Kiwi Primrose
01-04-2020, 02:28 AM
To feel good a bra has to fit properly and this doesn't just happen, it takes a lot of trial and error. So my wife and I have our own choices - mine don't suit her and her's don't suit me. It is the one item of clothing we don't share.
If you are serious go to a lingerie outlet and have a fitting done by a professional. You will learn a lot n a few minutes.

prene
01-04-2020, 04:20 AM
I do not get it also.
For me the girls need to stay in place.
I only wear them because just in case my forms need some help.
I love going out with out a bra on and how they pull on me.

Fullerton
01-04-2020, 05:13 AM
I find bra’s incredibly sexy, I’m often thinking about different styles I would like to wear.
When I get the chance to dress I really enjoy the feeling and look of a bra.

Vikky
01-04-2020, 06:21 AM
I have several bras. I can dress (DADT) for several hours each week, also for some time just with bra and forms under drab for a couple of hours when the SO is out.

I can also dress almost every night in bra, forms and nightdress as we sleep separately ? we both sleep badly otherwise.

Two are encompassing heavy duty bras that provide good support for the forms. Years ago my SO and I happened to disturb a large lady sunbathing and she dashed into her house and came back after she had ?put on her armour?!

Two bras are lace under wired, another lacy one without wire.

Problems: sometimes the clasp can rub on my back, heat has never been a problem, sometimes the forms ?wander? when I sleep and need adjusting. Otherwise I find all my bras comfortable to wear and they cause little irritation.

I wouldn?t be without my bras. They are the epitome of feminity and help me emulate the female form I try to achieve.

Vikky

DMichele
01-04-2020, 09:31 AM
For me wearing a bra just feels right, i.e. wearing one is congruent with my gender identity - a transgender near-female. I have been wearing one daily since ~2015.

I remember reading an interview with Caitlyn Jenner in which she described her need for wearing a bra before she came out. I could relate with her experience.

Although not related to day-to-day dressing, the first time a wore my bralette after open heart surgery was like receiving a comforting hug from someone special, but the hug lasted all day. That feeling has subsided as the internal healing progresses.

No matter where one is on the gender spectrum, wear a bra if you like or forego wearing a bra if you like. Be true to yourself.

Star01
01-04-2020, 10:14 AM
I have moobs that are a couple inches bigger than my chest measurement but I don't care for bras and avoid them whenever possible. If I did wear one more often I'm sure that I'd free the girls whenever possible.

I'm more focused on feminizing my appearance as much as possible because that makes me feel more feminine than a band of elastic around my torso. After all, who is more of a CD, a hairy dude in a bra or someone who feminized themselves as much as possible? By my way of thinking we are both equals dealing with the same fog but expressing ourselves differently usually due to the body we are dealt with and our personal circumstances.

Krisi
01-04-2020, 10:16 AM
I wear a bra to keep my boobs in place. If they were actually a part of me rather than being stuck on, I could see not wearing a bra around the house.

For those having trouble finding a bra that fits. the stretch bras (Genie Bra and similar) stretch to fit your chest and cup. There are different sizes, obviously, but there's a size that will fit you perfectly. I wear a "Just My Size" brand bra because I like having the hooks in the back.

Kimberly A.
01-04-2020, 10:24 AM
Well, bras are kind of uncomfortable to me as well, but I like the feeling of wearing one..... I mostly wear sports bras because they're more comfortable to me.

- - - Updated - - -

I?m with your wife. They?re a horribly uncomfortable necessary evil.

Micki, that's what a lot of women say about pantyhose, but I have loved them all my life! LOL

Stephj
01-04-2020, 11:53 AM
I love wearing a bra. I'm not sure why either. I don't understand it myself but I do know I like it a lot! It makes me happy. My only problem is my concern of what others will do or think. That's actually more on me than anyone else.

So my wife doesn't understand it either but she knows it makes me happy and she's all for that!

Also...if I don't understand it myself, how could she? This is me to a tee. I love wearing a bra no forms just a size 36A or 34B. I have been wearing a bra since age 10 now 56 I still can?t wait to put mine on in the morning

Rayleen
01-04-2020, 12:48 PM
When I'm home, its always a bra w forms and a low cut top with capri or skirts. Never a day in the house in male mode which I hate.

Rayleen

Jessielle
01-04-2020, 01:17 PM
I have gynecomastia and I wear a bra almost every day. I fulfill a 40B bra, I love the sensation of my boobs in them giggling.
You may need a bra with no wires and a matching panty at the beginning. You will love it.
😍

susan2010
01-04-2020, 03:23 PM
When I was a young crossdresser I had no interest in bras. I think I finally put one on when I was in my 30's. Now I love wearing one. I prefer the unstructured ones, but like almost all kinds. Lately, I decided to spend some money to get a lovely Italian bra at Intimissimi. It was $49 on sale, but it is nice, and a 42B, which fits.

Rayleen
01-04-2020, 07:41 PM
Love the half bra, mine a 42 c. from Amazon and its a perfect fit with b. forms.
Perfect to wear all day.

BLUE ORCHID
01-04-2020, 08:41 PM
Hi Gennifer :hugs:, The feeling of putting on a bra is something that you have to
experience for your self, It is like a all day HUG.

A bra and Heels are the two most feminine things that you can wear.>Orchid ..O:daydreaming:O..

Glenda58
01-04-2020, 09:33 PM
She may need to get a bra fitting and some advice which ones will work for her best. It did for my wife and me.

Michelle1955
01-04-2020, 09:56 PM
You stated in a previous post you been dressing since an early age. Same here basically 60 years for me. It is inside your head in my opinion at birth for some of us, it provides a calm felling for me. I need a bra for that calmness it can be an a cup, etc size does not matter for the calm feeling. Band fit is vital for long term wear.

lingerieLiz
01-04-2020, 10:45 PM
I own lots of bras and have worn them for over 50 years. One of the problems women have is they wear the wrong bra. My wife included. I have always had boobs. Hated swimming or any other thing that exposed my chest. I was teased and guys grabbed me like they did girls developing at the same age. I've never been fat.

I always thought bras were sexy and loved seeing girls wearing bras. Back in the 50 60s girls wore nylon tops that showed their lace slip bodice and bra. Today I wear bras nearly full time. I don't wear bands that are too tight but do hold the girls in position. A few years ago I had a bra on and my wife asked if I had my bra stuffed she was amazed that it was all me.

sometimes_miss
01-05-2020, 12:37 AM
JMHO:

Wearing female attire, immersing ourselves in female specific behaviors, pretending that we are female, may all be just ways of calming the GID that churns away in our subconscious. All these things we do, give us visual, tactile, even olfactory and auditory stimuli that signals to us that we are actually female; it makes us feel as if we actually are what we feel we're supposed to be.
How else to explain why women constantly tell us that their clothes aren't as comfortable to wear as men's?
It's not actually physical comfort that we're after; look at all those here who willingly crave to wear corsets and shoes that we know hurt the feet (I've heard all the lies too, but heels hurt: Otherwise, women wouldn't be shucking them off as soon as they can once the party is over). No one wears heels as long distance walking shoes. Female commuters all to often carry their pretty shoes, and wear sneakers to and from the workplace, only to change into the pretty things once they get there.
It's psychological comfort, that allows us to feel like we are what we want to be.
Which, of course, is exactly what every female SO dreads hearing from her male partner. So we bury that information forever, especially to ourselves, because it could be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

NancyJ
01-05-2020, 07:52 AM
JMHO:

Wearing female attire, immersing ourselves in female specific behaviors, pretending that we are female, may all be just ways of calming the GID that churns away in our subconscious. All these things we do, give us visual, tactile, even olfactory and auditory stimuli that signals to us that we are actually female; it makes us feel as if we actually are what we feel we're supposed to be.
How else to explain why women constantly tell us that their clothes aren't as comfortable to wear as men's?
It's not actually physical comfort that we're after; look at all those here who willingly crave to wear corsets and shoes that we know hurt the feet (I've heard all the lies too, but heels hurt: Otherwise, women wouldn't be shucking them off as soon as they can once the party is over). No one wears heels as long distance walking shoes. Female commuters all to often carry their pretty shoes, and wear sneakers to and from the workplace, only to change into the pretty things once they get there.
It's psychological comfort, that allows us to feel like we are what we want to be.
Which, of course, is exactly what every female SO dreads hearing from her male partner. So we bury that information forever, especially to ourselves, because it could be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

Yes, yes, yes! 100%. Well said. This speaks for me perfectly. Nancy

Tracy Irving
01-05-2020, 10:21 AM
pretending that we are female

Be careful, there are some here who don't take kindly to using the word "pretending", no matter how accurate. I have felt the wrath.

Fullerton
01-05-2020, 12:01 PM
JMHO:

Very wise words indeed

Celee
01-05-2020, 01:15 PM
A bra is the first item I put on and the last I take off. To me, it?s the most feminine thing I can wear. A lot of clothes nowadays kind of blend from female to male. Pants, shirts and even some panties can look like either but a bra cannot look masculine no matter what.

Leslie Mary S
01-05-2020, 01:57 PM
When dressing for "Just around the house" I frequently leave the bra and girls packed away. but If I am going out, on they go. I do it more for the look I want to have when I am out. It is the general feel of the cloths that I like, not the bras.

Sallee
01-05-2020, 02:16 PM
Ginnifer I think most of us feel that guilt. I certainly no matter how much I talk about with my SO which isn't much.

Marianne S
01-07-2020, 07:05 PM
Ginnifer, this is a great thread you started, and you've had some fine answers here. I agree in particular with Jean, Patience, NancyJ, valerie anne, Lea, sometimes_miss, and Celee: that a bra is the most definitively and uniquely female item of clothing that we can possibly wear. That point alone is worth elaborating on at length, but I won't do it here, since this post is long enough already!

A personal comment: at home, I often toss on nothing but a skirt and panties. Most of the year it's hot here in Phoenix where I live, but I'm a "warm weather" person anyway and never liked wearing too much clothing. In "guy mode" it's bare feet and shorts without a shirt, unless I need a shirt and shoes to go out; I've gone through some winters here in shorts, with a sweater or jacket when necessary.

That in itself is an interesting difference between male and female clothing preferences. I think men often prefer (for whatever reason) to "feel protected" by clothing, with heavy boots, flannel workshirt and other "masculine" items: possibly because the masculine expectation is to have to do "tough" jobs where protection is necessary. Women on the other hand don't mind dressing more lightly in "revealing" clothing, from "off the shoulder" dresses to bikinis. Women are the "protected sex" anyway, and may feel naturally free to take advantage of this in displaying themselves. So although I'm perfectly comfortable and do enjoy being in a male role, my preference for "less and lighter" clothing could well be seen as a "feminine" one. Hence the skirt and panties and nothing else. "Feminine" no doubt, but not "completely" feminine as outfits go. You might say they "satisfy my feminine side" while remaining light, casual and comfortable.

However, there are plenty of times I just feel "I've got to be completely female," and feel like a woman. That's the time for a blouse and bra. Or a dress; or a blouse and pants. Or pants and a sweater, whatever--though always with a bra underneath. I don't mind wearing pants--women's pants, of course--when it's what's on top that counts. When I put on a bra, I've crossed the line from mere "femininity" into womanhood.

It's interesting that we think of the primary anatomical difference between the sexes as what we have below the waist. Likewise, in modern Western culture at least, the primary sartorial difference between the sexes is also "below the waist": that "men wear pants and women wear skirts"--as we see in the silhouettes on public restroom doors.

Yet that's far from the whole story! So much of the difference is above the waist!--starting from the hairstyle of course, and the all-important feminine face--but extending through the shoulders down to the breasts, the very symbol of femaleness in the form of nurturing motherhood. Women don't "advertise" their genital organs. These are quite literally "private" parts, always kept modestly hidden. But women do "advertise" their breasts, that most prominently visible and provocative symbol of proud womanhood. Jutting out from the front, breasts are both "assertive" of womanhood, yet at the same time "vulnerable" to touch. Though normally covered, a woman's breasts could be regarded as her "public parts" symbolizing her sex. If we're uncertain about the sex of a person we've noticed; if the clothes or the face give us few clues--which can happen frequently these days!--we're likely to look at the chest area for confirmation.

So the bra is an essential component of this appearance, holding the breasts upward and forward, to assert and to tempt at the same time. What could be more quintessentially female? The very feeling of wearing a bra, hugging the chest while presenting the breasts forward, is essential to any person born male who wants to experience this imagined "female feeling" of having breasts, which he/she could never otherwise experience.

After slipping on a pair of panties, we forget we're wearing them. A skirt feels different, true; but even that is easily forgotten because it's normally so comfortable. But a bra reminds us of the femaleness we're seeking. Usually people don't want the feel of their clothing to be intrusive. But many of us as crossdressers want the opposite.

All this was so beautifully expressed by numerous posters here, whom I congratulate for their clarity and eloquence. In summary, the answer to your wife is in two parts. First, the uniqueness of the bra, unlike any other item of clothing, as definitive of womanhood:

There really is no article of clothing more feminine than a bra, as it is the one item that has no male equivalent.

And second, the wish to consciously experience the sensuality of female clothing:

All these things we do, give us visual, tactile, even olfactory and auditory stimuli that signals to us that we are actually female; it makes us feel as if we actually are what we feel we're supposed to be.

I want to experience what it feels like to have a female body. When I wear my forms, I not only want to see the shape, but feel the weight and bounce. If women feel uncomfortable with bras, I want to share in that, too. Although they are very different sensations, I?ve wanted to experience the feeling of ear rings dangling against my neck, lipstick on my lips, a cool breeze against my skirted legs ? these are things that women feel, and I want to feel like a woman! Nancy

Deliciously put! I agree wholeheartedly!

Beverley Sims
01-08-2020, 02:06 AM
I feel more secure wearing a bra.
I feel naked without one.

RainbowDash
01-08-2020, 12:11 PM
how do i explain to her the feeling you get when you put on a bra?
she's baffled and says for a woman it's the most uncomfortable thing in the world.

Since I don't have real breasts, I would guess that women cannot wait for an opportunity to take it off. I wear my bras for a few hours at a time, not all day. Also I think their level of comfort with a bra depends on what kind of bra they choose to wear for the day. I have not felt discomfort when wearing any of my bras, although on occasion they can feel a little tight.
I would tell her it feels great when I put on a bra, like its gently hugging my body. And it also makes me feel very feminine as well, since bras are prominently for women. I love strapping in my girls into a bra, and also feeling hot and sexy because the bra is helping to make them look sexier.

Jenny22
01-08-2020, 01:20 PM
Sometimes Miss said,"It's psychological comfort, that allows us to feel like we are what we want to be." How true! I wear a bra from almost the moment I rise until I retire. My girls must lend the visual appearance to all who look when I'm out and help to confirm my femininity. It's been said many times, but I, too, love the day long bra hug.

Denice
01-08-2020, 05:27 PM
Any thoughts about "the feeling of a bra" when a supervisor pats you on the back for a job well done, while your innocently underdressing with a bra?

Stevie Allyn
01-08-2020, 06:14 PM
Sometimes Miss said,"It's psychological comfort, that allows us to feel like we are what we want to be." How true! I wear a bra from almost the moment I rise until I retire...
Until recently I've been the opposite, not wearing a bra during the day but wearing a "sleep bra" during the night (probably similar to a bralette).

Now I mostly wear a full cup lacy underwired bra during the day and a sleep bra overnight.

@Denice - Male, female, other, I'd say that was unwanted physical contact. Though I personally have the safety net of being retired so my livelihood is not dependent on having to "grin and bear it".

Denice
01-08-2020, 07:27 PM
Until recently I've been the opposite, not wearing a bra during the day but wearing a "sleep bra" during the night (probably similar to a bralette).

Now I mostly wear a full cup lacy underwired bra during the day and a sleep bra overnight.

@Denice - Male, female, other, I'd say that was unwanted physical contact. Though I personally have the safety net of being retired so my livelihood is not dependent on having to "grin and bear it".

Truth is I wasn't just under dressing. It's obvious to anyone with eyes that the shirts I wear button on the opposite side from which my gender dictates. (Not to mention the fantastic Calvin Klein coat I wear when it's cold.) It's an open secret, I suppose, that I'm bending my gender with my wardrobe. I'm fortunate that the job I do has an incredible amount of turn over. They can't afford to make an issue about my little predilections. Just wondering if anyone else experienced the same situation.

DanielleDubois
01-08-2020, 10:20 PM
I'm in the group where wearing a bra is simply a necessity to keep my breast forms in place. However, I do enjoy the final look of a nice sexy lacy bra and panty set. With a bra and breast forms it helps me feel more feminine because of the change in my centre of gravity. The only thing that feels better is when I can glue on my breast forms and go braless.

Amelia13
01-08-2020, 11:33 PM
i'm new here and have a lot of questions so sorry ahead of time if I ask to much. three days ago out of nowhere I told my wife. she's very understanding but doesn't get it. how do i explain to her the feeling you get when you put on a bra?
thx,
Ginny

I personally have some dysphoria around my chest. I've always had a broad chest with just enough extra fat to make me feel like I have breasts that I don't know what to do with. Wearing a proper-fitting bra just helps me feel at peace with that feeling. It also helps me feel more feminine throughout my day... and that's always a plus.

BrendaPDX
01-09-2020, 09:20 AM
I have a few bras, and to be quite honest I forget I am wearing one if it fits right. This can be trouble as I have forgotten that I am still wearing it under my clothes. So I love it!

Vicky_Scot
01-09-2020, 11:04 AM
So very true Patience x

ShelbyDawn
01-11-2020, 12:01 PM
Over the past few years, I have lost close to 40 pounds; 38" waist to a 32"...
Where before I was trying to force myself into whatever bra would go over a 42 A chest and using forms to fill , I now have a legitimate 38 B chest.

The up side of this is that bras that are actually made for my size fit very well and are quite comfortable. I honestly often forget I have one on.
The down side is I have become addicted to a site called Adore Me that sells the cutest bra and panty sets...
But you all know how that goes, right??? :)

I will admit there are definitely psychological difference in the way I look at my wearing a bra to the way a GG would see it, but one of my primary reasons is probably the same: I like the way I look with the support and shaping a bra provides.
The fact that they are actually my size and I don't have to wear forms is mostly likely subconscious validation of the feminine nature behind my cross-dressing, but that's a different thread.

Other than that, what can I say other than "it just feels right."

AnnaBMarie
01-11-2020, 08:32 PM
I've read several reports over the years that well over half of the bras that women buy are the wrong size. It's not hard to imagine then that they would feel discomfort just from the fit problems. Add to that the chaffing and moisture in summer and it's likely that most women would really rather avoid them altogether.

Seeing the commentary in this thread made me recall similar reactions to wearing nylons. Seems like you either love or hate certain types of clothes.

For myself, I have quite a few very comfortable bras that I wear with concave-back forms that fit my natural breast. Once they have warmed up they feel very "natural", or close as I imagine.

Maid_Marion
01-11-2020, 08:37 PM
Hi Denice

I also wear female clothes to work. The sound of heeled oxfords and booties is very distinctive on a linoleum floor!
But I've yet to wear a bra or stilettos outside the house.

Marion

dominique
01-14-2020, 06:24 AM
Wearing a bra is the most important part of dressing. It crosses the line between being a man and being a woman.

DanielleCD
01-14-2020, 01:35 PM
For me I'm also in the, "it's has no male equivilence" camp. Panties first, bra second... then the rest of whatever I'm wearing. Functional in that it holds my boobs in place plus the feeling of just wearing it adds an air of feminine. I can understand the GG's who just can't wait to rip them off at the end of the day but I sometimes believe it's the ill fitting bra that is 90% of the issue. I have about a dozen different bras, colors and styles to go with my outfits and it just wouldn't feel right to not be wearing a bra when dressed.

Jackiemtv
01-28-2020, 09:36 AM
I understand Ginny. I also love wearing a bra.

Barbara Jo
01-28-2020, 09:55 AM
I believe many female do not like to wear a bra but, do so out of a necessity etc. Do you remember the "bra burners' of the past?

I suspect that this is why most females can not understand why we would want to wear one.
What they miss is CDs want to wear one because a bra (and any breast forms the might be in it) goes a long ways to making a CD feel more like a woman

missjoann49
01-28-2020, 12:52 PM
I wear a bra all day because I have to, at the end of the day I take it off and let them relax
I kind of do like the feeling of it when it's on, but do also enjoy taking it off when it's time to settle in for the night
Some times on weeks end I will go with out

MeshelleCD
01-28-2020, 06:34 PM
I enjoy wearing bras also, but not sure I could explain why. The best I can come up with is that it is another piece of clothing that helps portray the feminine look I aspire to portray.

stefcd1
01-29-2020, 06:04 AM
As soon as I get in from work, I put on my bra and forms. At night I replace my day bra with my Playtex 18 hr bra and sleep in it until I have to take it off the next morning. On long weekend trips I am in my bra all the time except for taking a shower. I love the feeling of wearing a bra, makes me feel so feminine and girly!

RI Chrissy
01-31-2020, 12:05 PM
I love the feeling of wearing a bra, it took years to find the right style of bras , currently wearing a 38C front closure ver comfortable, not to big not to small, just right. I do like colorful bras

candice.aihara
01-31-2020, 12:50 PM

Women's breasts don't retain the same shape and mass indefinitely; they can (and often do) change from one day to the next, or even in the span of several hours. Many bras are typically not designed to give too much accommodation to these changes, hence the discomfort experienced by a number of women.

Crissy 107
01-31-2020, 12:55 PM
Candice, Interesting theory on women’s breasts changing all the time, even over a few hours. I think I need to keep a closer eye on my wife. ;)

Kas
02-01-2020, 10:27 PM
You will lose that feeling eventually. Theyre really not that comfortable.

Diane1950
02-06-2020, 12:41 AM
I enjoy wearing my bras; they enhance my feminine feelings so beautifully. And, a funny thing: When we get home from an evening out, my wife can't wait to get out of her bra; I can't wait to get into mine.

Bobbi46
02-06-2020, 06:53 AM
Crissy, Don't be bamboobled by them!!
A good fitting bra should be like a second skin, not all of mine are I, some when I take them off I do enjoy a bloody good scratch!!

Teresa
02-06-2020, 07:40 AM
Lexi,
I'm not going to jump up and down as Tracy might have suggested but pretending doesn't figure with me . Also womens clothes aren't uncomfortable if chosen sensibly my bra and all other attire will go on as soon as I've had my morning shower and will be worn until I go to bed , not on the odd special occasions but everyday . To me male clothes fit badly and are more uncomfortable to wear , I don't feel right in them , I've pretended too long to be male .

Bruce64
02-06-2020, 10:40 AM
I have been wearing a Brassiere almost everyday now and I have a permanent strap mark around my rib cage.

GenevieveF
02-06-2020, 03:26 PM
I can?t describe the feeling I get when I put on a bra but I know my whole attitude changes. I work from a home office. I dress professionally for work, skirt, blouse or a dress, hose and heels, as if I was leaving to go out to work. I sit down at my desk and I?m more creative and productive than if I was in drab.

Maybe it?s not just the bra but everything together that makes it seem just so right.

Fran out
02-06-2020, 06:55 PM
I am anew member and if I'm doing this correctly will be my first post. I'm in an unusual situation w/o wife for several months and am really really looking for help in several areas and once I figure out how to start a thread I will be looking for help from you ladies. As for this subject, I love wearing a bra. First thing in the morning after taking off my night gown, I immedialety start with putting on a bra before any other article of clothing. I feel more feminime and it gets my day started on a positive note. The bras I have are pretty comfortable and I have one on all day. Since I'm currently in a cold and snowy area, I underdress when out and a bra is always part of me.
I so much look forward to meeting you ladies on this site and getting your guidance

Al1986
02-06-2020, 07:15 PM
The feeling can be best described as putting on your favourite pair of shoes, you feel confident, excitement, ultimately the rush...omg the rush 😉

Hope that helps 😁
Apologize if it doesn?t 🙏

JuliaGirl
02-06-2020, 08:01 PM
I have bras for my forms, bras that work with my breast plate, and one lovely Glamorize 40A that I wear when I under dress. Not very often but when I put a bra on it actually relaxes me and takes some of the mental tension away. Being closeted means that the wearing of a bra is less than frequent, though.

Devi SM
02-06-2020, 08:12 PM
I agree with your wife too. When I was a crossdresser I could wear any bra that fit my breast forms
I used to wear them in male mode, without the forms of course, and any discomfort was, for me, a women's thing.
I'm a trans now and even thought my breast is just B cup, you can't go without a bra in public because they're obvious and jingle if you rin or in stairs, etc.. After trying different model and brands I arrive to the most "comfortable" brand and design but as any woman, when at night and at home, wife does first and then me, take off the bra....

Devi

EllenJo
02-09-2020, 09:53 PM
A day without a bra is a day without sunshine. It really does enhance my feminine feelings. My wife is very petite and wears A cup bra so that has always been my self imposed limit also. It gives me a great feeling but also gives my bust a bit of definition without being uncomfortable.

candice.aihara
02-09-2020, 10:03 PM
Candice, Interesting theory on women’s breasts changing all the time . . .

It's not a hypothesis; it's true. The ebb and flow of hormones throughout a woman's monthly cycle is a significant contributor to the change.

prene
02-10-2020, 03:38 AM
For me if my breasts stayed in place I would not want to wear one.
I love having attached forms on without a bra or a light support on just to keep the girls in place.

susanmichelle
02-10-2020, 04:34 AM
Forms

I love to wear forms too and most of the time I wear a bra. I have about 15 different styles and colors too but only 3 are my favorited. The one thing I?m upset about is I forgot where I bought my forms. I can wear them if I have something that?s tight fitting without a bra as they are super sticky on the rear and adhere to my shaved chest. They stay where they are and don?t slip or anything no matter with or without a bra. I would love to buy some new ones they are silicon have built in nipples and colored areola?s that show somewhat thru bras and without more like a natural breast would look as a gg. If anyone knows what company sells them leave a post please. I only paid $45.00 each pair I have oval and teardrop depending on the look I am looking for plus the weight is right on.

Jackiemtv
02-10-2020, 10:20 AM
Check out Amazon Susan. They have reasonably priced forms. I don't know about the quality though.

crissy7
02-10-2020, 01:06 PM
first thing I tried on.still love wearing one.first comes panties then my bra.

Brianne_M
02-10-2020, 08:31 PM
a bra is usually one of the first things I put on when I get home. Most of the time its a padded sports bra but now and then when I feel the need I put on a nice black C cup. Someone said it feels like being hugged, and that is one reason why I like wearing one too. I just feel more feminine wearing one. My wife however, as soon as she gets home its the first thing she takes off!

Fran out
02-21-2020, 12:05 PM
Got up this morning and set on the bed with my night gown on and thought do I feel like putting on a bra which is always the first thing I do. Thought I'd go have my coffee with just my night gown on. Then I thought I'd just put on a bra under my night gown. After I put on my bra I put on a nice pair of panties, then I noticed a dress I had not worn for some time so needed to pick out a nice slip and at this point I had to put on thigh highs before I put on the dress. As I looked in the mirror it was clear that I had to put on my wig plus a few accessories. The coffee tasted soooo much better and it all started with the bra.
Have a great day ladies!

Angie G
02-21-2020, 12:31 PM
I hardly go a few hrs. without wearing a bra. I just don't feel right without a bra and my forms :hugs:
Angie

Lindseynrva
02-21-2020, 06:56 PM
All day any day I can which is most. Bra and forms. So many choices looks and fits in my collection makes picking fun. The wearing is another story. Like most gg they all roll up on the band at times or straps slide or or or... the list is there we all have experience. Ultimately it does feel good to take it off after the day is done. I do have forms from Bcup to DD and I love my larger but if I was a girl I?d want to be a full B small C every day. DD is fun just kinda wears on ya all day.

sophia62
02-23-2020, 06:48 AM
i recently purchased a pocket bra and it holds my forms perfectly and it makes me feel so feminine when i dress fully going to buy more in different styes
i just love them it makes me more connected to my fem self x

JenniferMBlack
02-23-2020, 09:45 AM
I am one of the exceptions in the group I think. While most of my few bras are comfortable I only wear them to hold the forms. I am more like a GG in that aspect, as i take it off when i get home.

CarlaWestin
02-23-2020, 10:59 AM
I've recently had to re-closet for the first time in fifteen years. My journey began a bra fixation. There's well over a hundred. Thinking about doing a wall collage in the office.
Interesting, the latest excitement is presenting braless. Eau Natural!

countrygirl
02-23-2020, 10:58 PM
OMG, I love wearing a bra, it feels so comfortable. Strange Huh? I know most cis ladies would love to be able to go without and but for me wearing a bra is comfortable.

Jemima Stephens
02-26-2020, 05:16 AM
Yes, I love the feeling of a bra too, I have always had some Breast tissue on my chest, but in the past few years it has grown a little, so I can now fill a 38B/36C bra, which then gives me quite a feminine feeling and shape under clothes.
I also love that if I walk quickly I can feel my breast-lets wobble around in the bra!

AndieGurl
02-27-2020, 08:47 AM
I love the feeling of a bra. It?s tightness hugging me makes me feel so feminine

NancySue
02-27-2020, 12:05 PM
It?s difficult to describe the wonderful feelings I experience from the moment I select my bra for the day, securing the hooks, strap adjustments, and leaning over to scoop. What a nice way to start the day.

HollyGreene
02-28-2020, 09:03 PM
It's a fact that most women wear the wrong sized bra, so if they find them uncomfortable, they should either measure themselves or go and be measured, and buy the right size.

Mermaiden
02-29-2020, 07:14 AM
A well fitting bra (mostly meaning stays on my shoulders) is a pleasure all day. But can?t hide under a tee shirt.

jacques
02-29-2020, 07:19 AM
hello Ginnifer,
two generalisations -
Men don't have boobs, so what better way is there to express our feminine side?
And also dresses simply hang better if you are wearing a bra and falsies compared to being flat chested!
luv J

Devi SM
02-29-2020, 01:21 PM
It's a fact that most women wear the wrong sized bra, so if they find them uncomfortable, they should either measure themselves or go and be measured, and buy the right size.

HollyGreene, honestly talking, I don't know where did you get that "fact". Probably you'd seen those bra advertisements that declare it but that's bs.
You're not a woman, you don't have to wear a bra the whole day.
Some if the bra are less comfortable than others but when you have bug breast, D ir DD cup, a bra must stay strongly tight to tour chest to hold those around 3 lbs of tissue and the oldest the woman the more relaxed the muscle and tissues that hold the breast tissue relax and elong that the bra must contain them in position.
I'd being wearing bra, the whole day for around 3 years, at the beginning as many crossdressers her just for pleasure of the mind, when, thanks to HRT, 2 years ago, the breast start growing I had to look for a comfortable that could hold them in place, different styles and models. Now my breast is B cup. I can't go without a bra. I don't like to show the naked breast under just a tshirt and I d been two times in a nudist beach, the feeling of being naked without a bra is amazing.
Any bra, after hours is uncomfortable, some more , some less.