PDA

View Full Version : late starter

janecd
03-28-2006, 04:38 AM
hi everyone my name is jane im fifty and not long been a cd im married wife dosnt know dont thiink she would approve my problem is there dosnt seem to anyone who wants to help a newbe with advice about makeup where to buy shoes ect i live in liverpool and there dosnt seem to be anybody about to help or it might be me not looking hard enough hope to here from someone soon jane

GypsyKaren
03-28-2006, 04:41 AM
Hi Jane

There's always someone to help you with make-up, you just have to ask a question. I suggest you join the Beauty Forum, lots of tips to be had there, and it's free and easy.

Karen

jenny c
03-28-2006, 05:18 AM
Hi Jane
you will find plenty of help here on the forum also there are also many TG related sites here on the internet, i run a yahoo group in the UK for the TG community its a help and advice group with loads of useful web addresses for more information just drop me a line if you require some more help.

Barb Valentine
03-28-2006, 08:22 AM
Hi Jane
You've come to the right place for help
all you have to do is ask

Nikki Dee
03-28-2006, 08:38 AM
hi everyone my name is jane im fifty and not long been a cd im married wife dosnt know dont thiink she would approve my problem is there dosnt seem to anyone who wants to help a newbe with advice about makeup where to buy shoes ect i live in liverpool and there dosnt seem to be anybody about to help or it might be me not looking hard enough hope to here from someone soon jane
Hi. Jane....there are many places to go for help and support love...I promise...you just have to look for them..local support groups.?...and you will make contact with so many girls through sites like this one...roses and angels for instance, that are local to you....As for buying stuff...there's always the web...and so many places these days just simply don't care who you are buying for...try charity shops in particular...they are all in business to take your money after all....Good luck...and enjoy.!
Love Nikki. xx

uknowhoo
03-28-2006, 09:58 AM
Hello and welcome Jane. Here's a link to a wonderful site I'm sure you'll find helpful: http://www.yvonnesplace.net/index2.html . As for specific questions, all you have to do is click on the "new thread" button, and ask. Once you have a few more posts under your belt, send a PM (private message) to DanaJ about joining the beauty club. You could spend a month reading up on advice in there. Another useful tool is the "search" function at the top of the screen. Go to "advanced search" and you can search our extensive archives for any number of topics/keywords. Good luck. Hugs, Tammi

lynda jane hamilton
03-28-2006, 01:16 PM
Hi Jane

welcome to our family!

Try going to Matalan the clothes are good and quite fashionable and cheap. I have just started getting advice from GG's on the makeup counters in department stores. I ring first and ask if the have any issues with helping a 55year old grandfather cd'er buy makeup. I have never been refused and they treat you with the utmost of respect and discretion. Brantanos for shoes they will let you try them on!

Best of all get to Manchester there is a large CD community there and all city shops are used to Cd'ers dressed or in drab.

good luck!

LOL

Lynda xx

DonnaT
03-28-2006, 01:38 PM
Of course there are people who will help you Jane, you just need to get to know more people.

For example, there are trans support groups in the UK that meet at least once a month.

There's the magazine Repartee with lots of info.

There's another forum ( http://www.rosesforum.tv ) comprised of mostly UK girls that are more familiar with your neck of the woods.

There are even cosmetic shops that will gladly help, such as MAC outlets. I believe one was supposed to open in Liverpool, or will be soon.