PDA

View Full Version : is wearing a bra good for your boobs?

jacques
01-08-2020, 02:22 PM
hello all,
do your boobs feel different after your have been wearing a bra?
luv J

Patience
01-08-2020, 02:44 PM
My boobs are made of silicone, so no.

Helen_Highwater
01-08-2020, 03:02 PM
Jacques,

Reading your title I'm assuming you're intimating that bra wearing in some way may induce larger breasts. Can't say that I've any evidence of that. If there is any enlargement it's more likely due to me putting on a few pounds. Pass that last mince pie will you please?

NancySue
01-08-2020, 03:16 PM
I don?t have any idea if wearing a bra is or isn?t good for my boobs, but I wear one often and have seen no changes. All my bras are underwires and I scoop and adjust occasionally.

Micki_Finn
01-08-2020, 03:18 PM
I don’t know what the heck you mean by “good for”. They’re there to keep things in place, much like a jock strap. So they don’t provide any inherent biological benefit other than keeping the person whose parts they are more comfortable.

AllieSF
01-08-2020, 03:22 PM
For naturally large breasted women they do help to properly support each breast, and do help some to reduce sagging since the weight of breasts do cause the tissues and muscles to stretch and then sag naturally. They also can help some women avoid back issues, including pain.

valerie anne
01-08-2020, 03:37 PM
All I can say is that without a bra I feel heavy and droopy and I get uncomfortable tugs from unexpected actions like opening a cupboard door.

I sometimes go braless to feel the wobble, and maybe to sag a bit more, as I feel I am too pert.

Micki_Finn
01-08-2020, 03:47 PM
For naturally large breasted women they do help to properly support each breast, and do help some to reduce sagging since the weight of breasts do cause the tissues and muscles to stretch and then sag naturally. They also can help some women avoid back issues, including pain.

This is actually untrue. Bras do NOT prevent sagging and in fact there were studies done that showed that bras may actually ENCOURAGE sagging by allowing pectoral muscle to atrophy.

Robertacd
01-08-2020, 04:19 PM
I found that wearing a bra actually created breasts out of my man fat.

I will repost the pictures later, or go look way back in the clothing section for a post about Wendy's Bra Manifesto.

- - - Updated - - -

This is actually untrue. Bras do NOT prevent sagging and in fact there were studies done that showed that bras may actually ENCOURAGE sagging by allowing pectoral muscle to atrophy.

Yeah, and there are "studies" that claim underwire bras cause breast cancer too...

Stephanie47
01-08-2020, 04:40 PM
Sounds as if someone nipples may be irritated by the bra's material or forms therein.

Stevie Allyn
01-08-2020, 04:49 PM
hello all,
luv J

Simple answer - "No".

BTWimRobin
01-08-2020, 04:49 PM
I feel as if my posture is better when I wear a bra. My back is straighter, and my shoulders are back. I haven't noticed anything else. Then again I don't wear one daily.

Micki_Finn
01-08-2020, 05:14 PM
- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, and there are "studies" that claim underwire bras cause breast cancer too...

Then let me help.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.health.com/condition/breast-cancer/what-causes-breasts-to-sag%3famp=true
https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/259073.php
https://www.bustle.com/articles/163020-7-ways-bras-can-make-breasts-sag-prematurely

Or you could do a 20 second google search. You really need to stop coming for me. You aren’t prepared.

AngelaYVR
01-08-2020, 05:34 PM
That 15 year study was woefully lacking in detail and presumably the women who did not wear bras to begin with had smaller breasts which would sag less over time! I have not found any full details of the so-called study since the 2013 articles so I am unable to find out if this is true or not. Memories of National Geographic articles suggest that bras really help! Just not this community.

Bobbi46
01-08-2020, 05:48 PM
Natural breasts will sag as years pass the pectoral muscles lose there strength so no I would say wearing a bra is just a means of comfort and to look good.

Robertacd
01-08-2020, 05:57 PM
Then let me help.

Oh honey I have seen the studies, all based on the same pseudoscience and "natural medicine" that claims underwires cause breast cancer due to the metal acting as an antenna and drawing more electromagnetic radiation into the breast tissue.

RADER
01-08-2020, 05:59 PM
I have been wearing a Bra 24/7 for over 8 years. It has made me into a "B" up from almost nothing.
So I think that raring a bra does help form a shape for you. If I have to go bra-less for special Medical
reasons, I feel that I am naked for one, and the Boobs seem to flatten out to some degree.
Rader

Robertacd
01-08-2020, 06:18 PM
I had a girlfriend that didn't like wearing a bra when she was growing up.

She was 20 when I dated her, her breasts were very pendulous and literally sagged down past her belly button without a bra. (Yes she was a big girl)

It's got nothing to do with muscle, breasts are just glands, veins, and fat only naturally supported by the skin and connecting tissue. It's all on top of the chest muscles. The tissue stretches and breaks down. On larger GG's you can see the stretch marks on them when they get broken down. Also if a GG gives birth and nurses the breast of course grow in size when the glands are actually lactating. That leaves them a bit stretched after nursing stops.

Rhonda Jean
01-08-2020, 06:56 PM
I wore a bra all day every day for a year and a half. I did not sleep in one. I obviously don't know what my boobs would have looked like at the end of that year and a half if I had not worn a bra, but my boobs definitely had some shape by then that I don't think I would have achieved without wearing a bra. I'm sure it didn't make my boobs any bigger.

Tracii G
01-08-2020, 07:09 PM
If you are a biological man then no.
If you have man boobs my guess would be no.

Robertacd
01-08-2020, 07:39 PM
Here is a link to my pictures of what wearing a bra can do for you. (https://imgur.com/a/MU2G1aZ)

Don't worry all are safe for work.

BTW: These are Foster Farms breasts too. :p (No additives or hormones)

I did this just by wearing a bra as often as possible even sleeping in one, so I believe wearing a bra is good for your breasts

Bruce64
01-08-2020, 07:51 PM
After wearing a Brassiere for a whole Day I get a little lift and Brassiere marks, no different.

abby054
01-08-2020, 10:55 PM
hello all,
luv J
My back feels different. A few months ago, I taped my breast forms to my chest. First time that I had done so. I wore my bra all day. When I removed my bra, the breastforms remained taped to my chest. The weight of these forms caused a rotation at my waist, a bending motion or cantilever effect, that pulled my chest forward and down. My lower back took up the slack. I knew that a bra transfers the weight of the breasts to the shoulders but this mild force was still a surprise.

docrobbysherry
01-09-2020, 02:03 AM
hello all,
luv J

Actually? Yes! U can hardly feel them at all with a bra on!:heehee:
I believe there r over 200 million independent "studies" that can verify this!:eek:

GretchenM
01-09-2020, 07:32 AM
I side with Roberta on this one. A bra delays the droopies and floppies. It doesn't stop it. As hormonal support declines with age tissue lost is not replaced because of no functional need to replace it. So the breasts become less dense and they droop. But large boobs can cause a lot of back strain and a bra shifts the weight more toward the shoulders and upper back. Also, keep in mind that boobs are delicate with a lot nerve endings that can produce a bit of pain if they are flopping around. A bra also produces a more attractive profile in addition to the benefits stated above.

The first bras appeared about 3,000 years ago and it was a cloth wrapped in a particular way to provide support. The Romans invented a more formal sewn garment that was a bit similar to bras today. So it was an evolutionary process that might have been driven by the comfort factor first and the fashion factor second. Medically a bra is not really necessary and if it did have an adverse effect natural selection would not have allowed the large human breast to evolve due to a reduced survival factor.

Krisi
01-09-2020, 10:56 AM
My boobs are made of silicone, so no.

Same here. ;)

MiniRock
01-10-2020, 01:22 AM
If you look at women's shoulders, especially women with big boobs, you will see, sometimes deep, indentations where the bra straps sit. I've even noticed these on my own shoulders after wearing a bra and silicon books for a few hours, thankfully only temporary. So I think bras are detrimental for the shoulders, even if they're good for the chest.

Kiwi Primrose
01-10-2020, 03:33 AM
I wear a bra every day and it makes me feel good, just like the other feminine things I wear.
No physical difference, just "nice"feelings.

Robertacd
01-10-2020, 09:36 AM
If you look at women's shoulders, especially women with big boobs, you will see, sometimes deep, indentations where the bra straps sit.

These women are wearing the wrong size or style of bra.

They say %80 of women are wearing the wrong bra size and and that is one of the major indicators. Not all large breasted women get those permanent shoulder indentations.

Sherrii
01-10-2020, 10:53 AM
I think the way a bra is good for breast is if the owner of the breasts wants to keep them from sagging over the years and the larger the breasts the more benefit a bra is. I don't know if there is any medical problem with sagging breasts but most owners don't want them stretched to waist level or below which can happen long term.

Amari
01-10-2020, 03:35 PM
My moobs are fairly flat and wide spaced just as Roberta shows, but my bras pull them into shape nicely.
When I take off a bra after several hours my perception is that my moobs feel 'perkier' for a short time.

lingerieLiz
01-12-2020, 01:02 AM
There are arguments that bra wearing causes breast cancer. I don't think that is true, but I'm not a doctor.
If you are like me I have boobs and do check for lumps.
It is my understanding that breast tissue is different than muscle or fat.

Teri Ray
01-12-2020, 09:33 AM
I don't know or care if they are good for your boobs or not. I do know that when I wear my bra I enjoy it. I do have a lot of bras to enjoy.

Rayleen
01-12-2020, 07:18 PM
I have partial boobs, and they really enjoy being hugged by a bra, there a sensation that's not there without the bra.
my point of view.

Cheryl T
01-13-2020, 10:00 AM
I believe that studies have shown it provides no benefit to women.
Since, sadly, I don't have my own boobs from which to judge I can only say that while it may not benefit them, it most certainly benefits my mental state.

jacques
01-15-2020, 03:22 PM
hello all,
many thanks for your replies.
like a few of you I find that wearing a bra pulls my boobs together and creates a bit of cleavage; when I take the bra off my boobs do feel "perkier" and that seems to continue for a while after.
luv J

dallasmann
01-16-2020, 03:53 PM
hello all,
many thanks for your replies.
like a few of you I find that wearing a bra pulls my boobs together and creates a bit of cleavage; when I take the bra off my boobs do feel "perkier" and that seems to continue for a while after.

I do not get to wear a bra very often, so whenever I do, the psychological feeling is something I cannot describe and it manifests itself physically as well.

As far as helping them grow?? My boobs love carbs!

Jackie27
01-17-2020, 08:32 AM
I wear a bra on a lot of occasions. Recently I finally got one that is my right size, 44a and it fits wonderfully. I have noticed that after I take it off, the shape of my boobs looks a lot better. It is a Leading Lady 5044.

BrendaPDX
01-17-2020, 08:53 AM
If I had real boobs I would tell you, but I like the way they make me look with forms in them. Besides I just like the way they feel when they fit right.

April Rose
01-17-2020, 10:40 AM
Having worn a bra every day for years I've started to notice a slight reshaping of the skin under and between my small breasts, but not much. But it doesn't seem to go away anymore if I go a few days without wearing one.

DanielleCD
01-17-2020, 10:43 AM
If I had real boobs I would tell you, but I like the way they make me look with forms in them. Besides I just like the way they feel when they fit right.

I agree whole heartedly!

MsEva
01-17-2020, 10:53 AM
I don?t have any idea if wearing a bra is or isn?t good for my boobs, but I wear one often and have seen no changes. All my bras are underwires and I scoop and adjust occasionally.

Me too. My main bras are underwire. Guess getting a bit older has given my a bit to work with. I guess that I am a natural B cup so they feel so wonderful. Sometimes I prefer to wear no forms (size 7) and go au natural. It feels so nice.

missjoann49
01-20-2020, 02:43 PM
I was going to leave this thread alone for personal reasons, but what the heck here goes
A while back I started on Hormone therapy and have developed into a 36B cup of which I am very comfortable with
That being said I wear and underwire support bra every day
I absolute love the feeling and firmness that it gives me during the day, but also love the natural feeling of them hanging at night
when I take the bra off....so that being said it does give them shape and support during the day
but lets them rest natural when not wearing a bra. I also love the feeling of walking around going bra less when I can

AnnieMac
01-20-2020, 03:24 PM
OMG. I think reading this thread has scared me straight! I think I may have to burn the few bras I already have and never wear a dress again.
I would think supportive to CD GG's reading this would think WTF is the deal with these guys? Sorry, my honest Annie two cents.

Jackiemtv
01-28-2020, 09:29 AM
I don't see how it could hurt you, so just enjoy.

susanmichelle
02-16-2020, 04:36 AM
Don?t see any difference wearing one or not mostly just to hold forms. I do have a natural 38A going into a small B only the forms enhance them with the bra. I?ve always heard them referred to as this ? Bra upper decker flopper stopper and a jockey strap lower decker pecker checker? I have a few friends that just aren?t right i think.

kendracd
03-25-2020, 09:37 AM
I have 38a boobs going into a b cup, I wear a bra daily, I really can't see how it could hurt.

Joanne108
03-25-2020, 10:14 AM
All I know is that wearing a bra is good for my breasts forms and my ego. I know that I really love seeing breast on my chest and they look their best when I wear a bra!

lingerieLiz
03-25-2020, 10:36 PM
Well I guess I'll step into this fray. I've read a lot of reports, news articles and some medical papers about women wearing bras. Haven't seen any scientific evidence about men wearing bras. There was a study out about a year ago which blamed bras for breast cancer. It also claimed that wearing a bra causes women's breasts to sag. I don't remember the name of the report.

I didn't think it was a good research paper and has many of the same issues that previous studies have. They compared different ethnic groups in the comparison. One group didn't wear bras as they were native peoples versus modern white women who had worn bras since breast development. I've seen native women with sagging breasts and others with less sagging. I thought that the number of children had played a role. There are so many variances that I don't think that we have a good reference point or valid data.

I have had boobs since I was young. I do have sagging but at my age it would be normal for a woman too. I don't think bras cause breasts to grow. Increasing fat does as does medication.

JennyMay
03-26-2020, 11:44 AM
I have some 40AA bras. They seem to give me a more defined outline.

RochelleCD
03-30-2020, 12:59 AM
Wearing a bra is great for your boobs, it lets you know they are there, it's also good for your head, wear a bra everyday!!!