PDA

View Full Version : pantyhose

mmandy31
03-28-2006, 07:30 AM
i just wondering if any one has bought pantyhose that lasts along time without getting any runs.
i got one pair from wal-mart which i love to wear and they have lasted me a long time.
must be the brand name because some you wear once and bingo a run in them then toss out but these ones just go and go .:D

ShellySoMaCD
03-28-2006, 07:48 AM
Hello mmandy31, I have purchased several pairs of pantyhose from my area Wal Mart's, and found them their house brand to be quite durable indeed! Here is the reason I subsequentally found out why, one day whilst shopping for said pantyhose, I happened upon the vendor who was stocking the hangers with new pairs! She seemed approachable, considering what I was about to ask her would break any ice!LOL I simply said hi and asked her who made Wal Mart's house brand of pantyhose, as it is so durable and economical too? Without missing a beat, she replied,"Why Hane's of course hon! I even wear them myself!" We chatted some more and I bought three pairs that day! I hope that helps ya out some hon!

TGMarla
03-28-2006, 09:19 AM
I use Leggs Sheer Energy, just like a whole lot of others, I imaging. If I'm careful with them, they last a long time.

GypsyKaren
03-28-2006, 09:29 AM
I didn't know Walmart had their own brand, I'll have to try themout. I get Leggs Silken Mist, also made by Hanes, when Walgreens has a 2 for 1 sale going. They hold up pretty good, I've also had real good luck with Hanes Too.

Karen

jillinla
03-28-2006, 09:33 AM
For me it seems that the sheerer the hose the more delicate it is

fingernails are sometimes the bane of my existence
:)

Danielle1960
03-28-2006, 10:05 AM
From a sceintific point of view. Freeze them in nitrogen for a few minutes. They'll last forever. Learned this from a cyrogenic company.
Hmmm.... Wonder why they are freezing them?:D

Krystenw
03-28-2006, 10:10 AM
I have some of the opaque tights from walmart that have lasted for years. I most always get some sort of light support hose. I have also found that you want to get the correct size. Be sure to check the size chart. I you are at the upper end of one area get the next larger size.
Krysten:straightface:

Wendy me
03-28-2006, 10:11 AM
the only way thay lst for me is to leave them in the package with the dog and cat here thay don't last .. so most of the time it's bare legged for me...

InHerShoes
03-28-2006, 11:27 AM
Make sure you're buying the right size. Check out the height/weight chart on the back of the pack. If you're trying to get into something that's too small they'll run on the first wearing every time no matter which brand. Also I've noticed anything marked "irregular" or "slightly irregular" won't last so they're not worth saving the few cents.

DonnaT
03-28-2006, 01:47 PM
I have some No Nonsense that have lasted a long long time, yet sometimes they run as soon as you put them on. You pays your money and takes your chances, but most of the time they last a while.

nezy
03-28-2006, 03:54 PM
i just wondering if any one has bought pantyhose that lasts along time without getting any runs.
i got one pair from wal-mart which i love to wear and they have lasted me a long time.
must be the brand name because some you wear once and bingo a run in them then toss out but these ones just go and go .:D
panty hose run easy...thats just the way it goes...must be real careful...:D

Jodi
03-28-2006, 09:28 PM
I wear Body by Victoria hose from VS. I find them to be quite durable. I get over a dozen wearings from a pair.

Jodi

Butterfly Bill
03-28-2006, 10:06 PM
I've been able to get many wearings out of Hanes. Hue is good. too.

wendy
03-29-2006, 10:11 AM
Before my first purge, pantyhose for me would not last too long without runs. I finally bought a pair of tights/pantyhose and those lasted me forever. I used to own a pair of white tights/pantyhose (no name brand) and it was super durable, no runs no nothing. That was before my first purge.

Now on my 2nd 'collection', I bought a pair of no name tights/pantyhose and they have been super as well, no runs or nothing.

Tina Dixon
03-29-2006, 11:23 AM
Well im getting better at putting them on as I am learning with longer nails and not to pull them up like pants, but when you yank them they run pretty easy no matter who makes them.

stacie
03-29-2006, 11:34 AM
Remember you will always get what you pay for. Try shopping for hosiery at one of the online stores who sell better quality pantyhose and always look for the the thickness and strength, A 30den will be a semi-oblique and a 5-8den will be a sheer style pantyhose. The higher the den the longer they do last. Hosierystreet.com is a very good place for hosiery.

RebeccaLynne
03-29-2006, 12:57 PM
I agree with Marla and Karen. I've worn L'eggs Sheer Energy and Silken Mist exclusively for years, and been quite satisfied with both their comfort and durability. In order to minimize the possibility of snags or runs, ensure that both your fingernails and toenails are free of sharp edges or burrs, and smooth as necessary. I'd also recommend softening your hands and feet with lotion before slipping into your hosiery. Oh, and wait until after you've dressed to add your accessories (rings, bracelets, watch) so as not to catch your pantyhose.

allisonrn06
03-29-2006, 02:12 PM
Sheer Endurance from No- Nonsense seem to last quite a while.Actually,any of there styles seem to last. I love JC Penney's sheerest support hose -they feel and look great but I've put runs in them just putting them on.

Kathi-Anne
03-29-2006, 03:21 PM
I've been wearing L'eggs Sheer Energy for a number of years and have been satisfied with the durability. I treat myself to Italian pantyhose once in a while. Sheer Energy and Active Support are my day to day pantyhose.

sallycd8
03-29-2006, 04:47 PM
I order my pantyhose from Silkies. They send them on a regular basis and they have a very good selection of styles and shades.They also have extra tall sizes which fit this tall lady just fine.