PDA

View Full Version : Have you seen GG`s wearing "your" clothes?

Alison Anderson
03-28-2006, 10:31 AM
What I mean is, have you been out and about and seen GG`s you don`t know, wearing the same clothes you have and how does it make you feel?

It`s happened to me a few times over the years but more and more recently as I have started to get my figure back (somewhat) and I have been shopping just before each new season starts when the latest fasions come out at my local BigW, Kmart and Venture stores. I`m trying to dress in the styles that are popular and that I could imagine being seen in public wearing.

It`s nearly always a huge buzz for me to see a girl in the same skirt or top, although I havn`t seen anyone wearing the exact same combination. I always check them out thoroughly to see what else they are wearing, shoes,
accesories, jewelry, hairstyles. It`s such a pleasing feeling like getting aproval that I have made a good choice of clothes.

Of course I am envious that they look so much better than me, (sometimes:D ) or that they have wonderfull cleavage:sad:

I did say "nearly always a huge buzz" because some years ago I saw a lovely girl wearing a long, black and floral, satiny skirt I did have with a tight, brown cardigan similar to mine and I felt deeply saddened because she looked just like the kind of girl I wanted to fall in love with and usually myself try to emulate.

Alison.:happy:

Sally Gray
03-28-2006, 10:53 AM
As I buy most of my clothes at Marks & Spencer, here in the UK, I sometimes see a GG with the same top or skirt on as I have.

However, I did see one once with the top and skirt combination that I wear ... I have to say she looked better than me!.. The attached picture relates to this.

I was watching one of those improve your image programs on the TV, one of dress combinations chosen for them was the same as one of my dresses...I will take that as some sort of compliment!

Alison Anderson
03-28-2006, 11:08 AM
Ah! yes Sally, that reminds me,
I saw a morning TV shopping show where a presenter was wearing my pink poncho and I was so wrapped! "shes wearing my top!" I took lessons as well, a black cami singlet underneath with jeans.

lovely pic btw:happy:

kathy gg
03-28-2006, 01:51 PM
Okay, I know this was directed at the cd's on list...but I just wanted to say that I actually have an opposite reaction when I see a woman wearing something I have. I hate that I bought something that was not unique. I almost vow to go home and bleach it or rip it or do something so as not to look like a clone of some other mass-market shopper. I then wish I had the know how to make my own clothing and operate the sewing machine that has been gathering dust in my spare room.

Melora
03-28-2006, 01:59 PM
I have a HUGE fascination with feminine sweaters and it is a highlite of my day if I see a beautiful GG wearing the same type of sweater that I would wear in an instant, or have bought in the past.
P.S. to Sally I LOVE your white sweater!

Aileen
03-28-2006, 02:11 PM
I suppose it doesn't count if you buy something online? You nearly always see a picture of the model wearing the dress before you buy it.

Here's an example of It definitely looks better on her.

lynda jane hamilton
03-28-2006, 02:27 PM
I bought a pair of brown courts from M&S on Friday went out with the SO and she chose and bought the same shoes on Saturday. They look better on me though!

Lyn x

jillinla
03-28-2006, 02:32 PM
Confused!

Which one is the model?

Jennaie
03-28-2006, 02:40 PM
This morning... I stopped at the convience store and there she was, wearing my exact outfit. I was outraged. But she did look adorable in my outfit.:)

Jennaie :be:

Julie Avery
03-28-2006, 02:46 PM
It`s nearly always a huge buzz for me to see a girl in the same skirt or top, although I havn`t seen anyone wearing the exact same combination.

Happened once, and my reaction was just like yours. Knowing that they're femme clothes by seeing them in the store is one thing, knowing that they're femme clothes by actually seeing them on a gg is something else again, to me :)

Aileen
03-28-2006, 02:50 PM
Confused!

Which one is the model?

Oh, fine! Now you've insulted her! Come back!

Nicole Lee
03-28-2006, 02:53 PM
I dunno about tops, but I do see a lot of girls in my school wear the same Angels and GLO jeans that I get from Kohls. It definitely does get me excited inside when I see it. ;)

sharifemme
03-28-2006, 02:55 PM
The opposite happened to my wife! Our support group has a clothing exchange every once in a while and we both took some stuff in to trade or give away. Marge was quite surprised at the next meeting when one of the TSs had on a sweater and blouse she had donated. I have to say that the outfit looked pretty good on her!

Sharifemme

What I mean is, have you been out and about and seen GG`s you don`t know, wearing the same clothes you have and how does it make you feel?

It`s happened to me a few times over the years but more and more recently as I have started to get my figure back (somewhat) and I have been shopping just before each new season starts when the latest fasions come out at my local BigW, Kmart and Venture stores. I`m trying to dress in the styles that are popular and that I could imagine being seen in public wearing.

It`s nearly always a huge buzz for me to see a girl in the same skirt or top, although I havn`t seen anyone wearing the exact same combination. I always check them out thoroughly to see what else they are wearing, shoes,
accesories, jewelry, hairstyles. It`s such a pleasing feeling like getting aproval that I have made a good choice of clothes.

Of course I am envious that they look so much better than me, (sometimes:D ) or that they have wonderfull cleavage:sad:

I did say "nearly always a huge buzz" because some years ago I saw a lovely girl wearing a long, black and floral, satiny skirt I did have with a tight, brown cardigan similar to mine and I felt deeply saddened because she looked just like the kind of girl I wanted to fall in love with and usually myself try to emulate.

michellecd9999
03-28-2006, 03:05 PM
I have seen GGs in the same jeans I have. I bougbht them at Wal-mart so they are pretty common. I wore mine out to run some errands today. No one noticed they were GG jeans!
I would like to see a GG wearing some of the skirts or dresses I have, that would be exciting.
Michelle

Karen Edmonton
03-28-2006, 04:34 PM
I suppose it doesn't count if you buy something online? You nearly always see a picture of the model wearing the dress before you buy it.

Here's an example of It definitely looks better on her.

DON'T sell yourself short !!! You look beautiful in that dress !!!!;) ;)

Josi
03-28-2006, 04:41 PM
It nearly got me into trouble ...
A GG at work was wearing a skirt ... and before I knew it I blurted "I've got one like that" .. fortunately, they thought I was joking ,,,,

Katrina
03-28-2006, 05:31 PM
It nearly got me into trouble ...
A GG at work was wearing a skirt ... and before I knew it I blurted "I've got one like that" .. fortunately, they thought I was joking ,,,,

Thats hilarious!!! I have almost done that. I did see a girl wearing the same coat that I have a few weeks ago. Normally I hate when somebody has the same jacket/coat as me, but this was different. I giggled to myself at that one.

Alison Anderson
03-28-2006, 06:57 PM
Josi, that`s so funny! I have nearly done the same thing.
At my last work xmas party, a girl was wearing my brown, satin, crinkle singlet top. I was just bursting inside to tell someone but of course I couldn`t. I just wish I could have touched her (politely!)
She was wearing white jeans and lucky girl, no bra straps showing. Now I wear mine always with a white skirt, still trying to find the jeans or white pants.

Aileen, lovely dress, you could just as well have been the model:thumbsup:

LaSirenaBella
03-28-2006, 07:30 PM
Do wigs count?

There was one style I wore regularly, that was popular a few years ago in the area I lived in (Noriko Violet). In fact, the style I wore looked good on everyone and was flying off the heads. Well, the place I bought my wigs back east was also a nail salon, so one day I was getting my nails done. One of the other salon's customer (a GG) came in, wearing the same wig I had on, in almost the same color. It was a humorous moment. :D

Sirena

HotJean
03-28-2006, 07:34 PM
Yea, this has happened to me. I have an old navy ultra low rise stretch coronary pair of jeans (these are not recommended by the way: very small pockets). A lady ahead of me in the line at McDonlds had the same exact pair.

I remember that I liked seeing them on a women.

Amelie
03-28-2006, 07:47 PM
Oh My, I have to agree with Kathy. I get angry if I see a GG(or T-girl) wearing the same outfit. But I don't go and rip my dress apart, I rip the other Gg's dress apart.
Now I sew my clothes..

Julie Avery
03-28-2006, 07:51 PM
Amelie, that's cause you're bad. That can't be fixed ;)

Alison Anderson
03-28-2006, 08:02 PM
I have seen (probably we all have) this nasty reaction from GG`s (not quite the physical attack)
Coming from the fairer and supposedly more compassionate sex, I find a bit of dissapointment in the bitchy reaction. Maybe just don`t understand it? I might feel envious, but never angry about it.
If I meet a male friend wearing the same shirt it`s funny, more like "cool bud, hey, wer`e in a club!"

Jodi
03-28-2006, 09:06 PM
Alison, Re: the bitchy reaction. I have witnessed two women show up at the same dressy cocktail reception wearing the same highend designer dress, each thinking that hers was an original. The scene wasn't pretty.

Jodi

Ms. Donna
03-28-2006, 11:01 PM
I have on several occasions seen women with the same purse I'm carrying (I carry one all the time.)

A few times, they have looked over at me - looked a my bag - looked at their bag - looked at my bag - looked at me - etc... - until one of us walks away.

Love & Stuff,
Donna

uknowhoo
03-28-2006, 11:22 PM
i'll never forget how mortified I was when Mary Katherine Finnegan showed up at the junior prom in the exact same dress I was wearing!!!!! I could have died then and there. And then I woke up. :D

Angela Burke
03-28-2006, 11:34 PM
I made a present of a really nice knee-length black leather skirt to a GGfriend
who admired it.
So I've seen a GG wearing a skirt that used to be mine, and very sexy she looked in it too!

Bernice
03-28-2006, 11:45 PM
My wife usually looks better in clothes than I did in the same clothes, though she doesn't always think so.

I have found some of my favorite dresses (again) in the thrift shops. I wonder sometimes if I should buy them just to have spare matching material in case of serious accident.

I'm sure it has happened that I've seen others wearing the same skirt or dress, but no occasions come to mind. The stories above certainly seem plausible, i.e. that I would feel the same way, or blurt out that have that same blouse, etc.

Hugs,

Bernice

trisha_anne
03-29-2006, 01:27 AM
Have I ever seen a GG wearing an out fit I have......? Yes...my wife, but she raided my closet. Does that count? She did look better in then me though; so I gave it to her.

MsEva
03-29-2006, 08:44 AM
Ah, yes, yesterday as a matter of fact...as I was switching channels I came across a gg on Lifetime wearing the same Ronni Nicole long dress I have..quite a shock..too bad my DW was not there to see it.:D

alysonatl
03-29-2006, 09:22 AM
Yes, Alison, and it happened just the other day. I was in a mall department store, when I saw a GG wearing one of my favorite tops, a dark green and blue horizontal stripr ribbed sweater. I usually wear mine with a black skirt or pants, but she had on the most fabulous dark blue knit skirt that was a perfect match. i was dying to talk to her about her outfit and how she put it together, but I was in the male mode at the time and felt a tad awkward.

Aileen
03-29-2006, 02:42 PM
I remember hearing a story about a GG in the audience at a play, watching a man on stage in drag. He was wearing her dress, the very same dress she had on. How mortifying.

Lulie GG
03-30-2006, 08:44 AM
Whilst sking this year my hubby pointed out a skier (man) wearing the same ski jacket (dark grey) as me!!!!!!!!! Now that was ironic............. as the jacket size is medium I can only presume it was unisex................ or does that mean:eek: :eek: :eek:

Lulie

Breanne
03-30-2006, 10:19 AM
I have on occasion, seen "my" dress being worn by a GG. My inner reaction has been along the lines: "she's got good taste." Ah, to be only able to tell her that!

Alison Anderson
03-30-2006, 10:39 AM
Sadly, the weather is getting colder down under here, it`s autum now and all the girls are getting back into their jeans and pants. I was hoping to see someone wearing my new black lace skirt. The shop I bought it from had heaps and they sure did dissapear quickly! It was such a hot summer, I don`t really like the heat but there were more skirts around this year than ever, Joy!:D

Ashleigh Beth
03-30-2006, 01:47 PM
I've only once seen a GG wear the same top as I have. Thought to myself... "Looks better on me!" (lol) The funiest thing is that the wife and I were at a holiday party a couple of years ago. A GG came in with the exact same cocktail dress on that my wife had in her closet at home. Only thing was... this GG had the dress on backward! We still get lots of good laughs about that! And Jeannie (my wife) didn't seem to mind her having the dress at all!!

Shelby
03-30-2006, 05:11 PM
So I stopped in at the High School that I direct the musicals at today. The kids were preparing to show a preview of a play for this weekend. This one girl in the show was wearing a very nice teal dres (lets just say, she made it look good). Then i noticed that she was wearing the necklace that you can see in my Avatar. I asked her where she got it, and then she said from our local costume lady. I asked if it had some wire to lengthen it around the neck and she said it did. Then I told her that I had worn it along with the clip on earings she had on. They looked good on her, but I felt a little jealous that she was wearing something that I had used for such a memorable event.

The costume lady bought me a pair of 3inch size 12 heels for a show once and labeled the side of the showbox (****'s Heals). There is one girl in the school with big feet and has had to use my heels in some of the shows. They always ask why is my name on the box. I always proudly tell them why. But their mine in a way. I'm not good at sharing.